• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Official] New Forum Layout Discussion Thread

An official request, or post by staff acting with authority.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I could swear that there was a feature under preferences where you could change the colour scheme under preferences to an orange, blue background etc... unless that was a dream? I can't find it now...

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I could swear that there was a feature under preferences where you could change the colour scheme under preferences to an orange, blue background etc... unless that was a dream? I can't find it now...
As far as I remember, I only ever implemented this dark theme for WF.

I would like to see a story section.:)
Yes!!! And a poetry/incantation section too?
In what category would these sections go? Tavern? Surely not occult discussion/the congress...?

If Tavern, I think stories and poetry can go in the 'Arts' section for now. When there is a significant amount of threads regarding poetry/stories, then they can get their own sections. Same thing with the phsychedelia section someone suggested in the suggestions section. There just isn't enough content in these topics to warrant new sections yet, imo.

I'm mainly looking for ideas on how to divide up the congress/occult discussion sections. I'm open to completely new sections, but only ones where those topics simply cannot fit in already existing sections.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
The Council
├── Announcements and Feedback
│ ├── Suggestions
│ └── Get Help
├── Introductions
└── Staff Discussion

The Congress
├── General Occult Discussion
├── Occult Tutorials, News, Articles
├── Occult Q&A
├── Religion, Spirituality and Meditation
├── Left Hand Path, Black Magic and Demonology
├── Right Hand Path, White Magic and Divination
├── Witchcraft, Folk Magic and Herbalism
└── Energy Manipulation and Vampirism

The Library
├── Book Club - Discussions about books (and authors??)
├── Book Shares ?? - sharing books...
└── Book Requests ?? - requesting books...

The Bazaar
├── Market - for offering services/products
├── Reviews and Disputes ?? - review another members services and/or dispute the trade for others to see?
├── 3rd Party Services (Billboard ??) - to talk about and review websites/stores that are not owned by WF
│      members (will go through thorough review)
└── ??

The Academy
├── Philosophy and Psychology
├── Technology
├── Economy and Politics
├── Health and Fitness
└── Science and Metaphysics

The Tavern
├── Lounge
├── Arts
├── Visual Entertainment
└── Cooking

Thoughts? Gotta start somewhere...
Actually looks kinda dope, tbh.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Love it - An occult site should have some quirkiness and character. The main section names are charming.

S4v4g3g0d

Neophyte
Reaction score
If we do have a marketplace. Is it really ethical to sell entities? Like already bound djinn...or servitors...

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
If we do have a marketplace. Is it really ethical to sell entities? Like already bound djinn...or servitors...
Servitors maybe, but I highly doubt we would see services like that. These things should be done by yourself.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I guess time will tell. I will formulate and adopt rules and guidelines as we progress. It's really hard to be objective and come up with very aligned and applicable rules before we actually open the marketplace and experience it.

Servitors maybe, but I highly doubt we would see services like that. These things should be done by yourself.
I tend to agree...

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if you already intended this, but maybe a special little private corner for paying members could be nice.
To talk trash 😂

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if you already intended this, but maybe a special little private corner for paying members could be nice.
To talk trash 😂
We're not going to get all "what are you wearing?" are we?

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
To talk trash 😂
I do, actually :p

Just finishing up some work before christmas, then I'll get on to implementing these changes one by one.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Is there any chance of you guys of dividing the forums, into categories? Maybe, you can add an Astral Projection section, and a Lucid Dream section as well? Just suggestion. Thank you.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Is there any chance of you guys of dividing the forums, into categories? Maybe, you can add an Astral Projection section, and a Lucid Dream section as well? Just suggestion. Thank you.
Are you under the impression that the forum is not currently divided into categories? There are 20+ forums and subforums divided into 4 categories.

However, you have given me a good idea. I think a new section titled "Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, and Psychedelics" should be added, and will kill 3 birds in 1 stone.

Nice :)

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Are you under the impression that the forum is not currently divided into categories? There are 20+ forums and subforums divided into 4 categories.

However, you have given me a good idea. I think a new section titled "Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, and Psychedelics" should be added, and will kill 3 birds in 1 stone.

Nice :)

What about giving it an RPGish title too like the Congress, Tavern etc? "The looking glass, The Campfire, The Black Mirror?"

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
What about giving it an RPGish title too like the Congress, Tavern etc? "The looking glass, The Campfire, The Black Mirror?"
Issue with this is, if it is not immediately apparent which section people should post a topic in, then there will be countless people lazily posting in the wrong, or some general section. So for now, Forum names will remain decscriptive, familiar and clear. Category names don't usually have this
problem...

Let's see how it goes.