• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

New Interactive Visual Tree of Life Online Tool

Azazello

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to let people know about this Tree of Life utility that is now available online.

AFAIK this is the only tool available that allows different types of information to be displayed on the tree diagram itself (not off in some table usualy copied
straight from 777), shows the colours in all four worlds, uses different Tarot decks, and which also supports the averse tree attributions. It is important to
know about both sides after all. As a visual person I find it beautiful as well as useful, but I'm biased because I built the site :).

There is NO explanatory text on the site, so you will have to search and explore to discover the answers that work for you. Note that the paths will change
depending on the Tarot deck selected. By default it starts with the Thoth deck. Most importantly the information displayed depends on which of the four worlds is active.

Some of the attributions are not the most common ones, but I tried to use the naming and spelling that seemed the most clear. So for the most part the
attributions are the traditionally accepted ones (for better or worse). I will be refining things as I continue to learn and gain better intution, and I'll make
updates accordingly. So please speak up if you think anything is misattributed or incorrect, and if you have any suggestions or requests!

You can find it here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It should work in all modern browsers, but will look best in recent firefox, some of the controls may not line up exactly in Chrome or older browsers with
different font support BUT it should be usable and the tree diagram itself is unaffected. Oh, it is free, no signup or anything. Just a tool available for
all.

I hope that people find this an intuitive way of looking at, thinking about, and working with the Tree. I'm happy to field all types of questions and above all I
hope that others find this a useful map for their own journeys...

Azazello

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks, I think it really makes the Tree accessible as well as showing its aesthetic beauty! For those that are not so familiar with the meanings/attributions or have not been working with the Tree I can recommend a few books:

Mystical Qabalah by Dion Fortune - the best and most inspiring work I know of. It is thorough but only covers the Sephiroth not the connecting paths.
The Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang - covers all the attributions including the paths, is a well organized work.
A Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie - the classic, short and to the point despite covering the spheres and the paths. A starter for pathworking.
Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo DuQuette - don't let the Thoth part turn you off (if you are not so into Crowley) because this gets into the various meanings behind the Tree and some of those that have been hung on it. Probably the best introduction to the subjects covered for a newcomer, and written in the easy and flowing style DuQuette is known for.

I expect all these books are in the WF library link, if not I can provide them to the admins to upload.