• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Nice to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all, I am happy to look through and contribute to any engaging discussions and/or be helpful.
I’d like to thank Skull for brining this site back even if it is much, much different than it used to be 10 odd yrs ago. I hope the information and conversations are still as engaging as before.
If there are any questions anyone wishes to ask, feel free to do so.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome back! We repainted :)
Haha I noticed. I did like the other layout more but there’s very few forums that have much substance so I do enjoy WF regardless of the layout. I’ll get used to it… eventually 😂

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Haha I noticed. I did like the other layout more but there’s very few forums that have much substance so I do enjoy WF regardless of the layout. I’ll get used to it… eventually 😂
Nigel Tufnel : It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Nigel Tufnel : It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.
Lol, I don’t mind that, just the layout and reputations and all the deleted past posts, that change will take time getting use to. As well as all the older members who moved on.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I've tried my best to keep a very similar forum structure + feature-wise make it a superset (meaning there are new features, but none of the old features are removed). So I feel like it's just a preference thing, and I hope you will grow accustomed to the relatively minor changes (except turning dark mode).

Welcome back.

EDIT: The missing posts are out of my control, sadly. Original owner did not keep backups, so they were all lost when the site was hacked.

You can read more here: A (very) brief history of WF

We have something similar to reputation with the award system + reaction score :)

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks Skull, it’ll just take time for me to get used to the new features and find the aspects of the old ones, remember how people could leave reps like.. “this person was very helpful” that imo was useful for newer users to get an idea of a person. So if you still have that, that’s pretty cool. If not 🤷‍♂️ it’s all good either way. Reading what others say, engaging and learning are the best part imo and that hasn’t seemed to have changed. 👍

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks Skull, it’ll just take time for me to get used to the new features and find the aspects of the old ones, remember how people could leave reps like.. “this person was very helpful” that imo was useful for newer users to get an idea of a person. So if you still have that, that’s pretty cool. If not 🤷‍♂️ it’s all good either way. Reading what others say, engaging and learning are the best part imo and that hasn’t seemed to have changed. 👍
I will admit... it's not AS good as the reputation system was as a method of quickly judging a members character and popularity, but you can leave reactions to each post, which get tallied into the "Reaction Score" displayed under your username. It fulfills the same role, but a bit differently and I would say maybe a bit less reliably. There are negative reactions too.

Please do take the time to read the rules (in Annoucement section - as well as in some other sections with section-specific rules). They are always sticked in whichever section they are in, and the rules are a bit different to the old WF.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I've tried my best to keep a very similar forum structure + feature-wise make it a superset (meaning there are new features, but none of the old features are removed). So I feel like it's just a preference thing, and I hope you will grow accustomed to the relatively minor changes (except turning dark mode).

Welcome back.

EDIT: The missing posts are out of my control, sadly. Original owner did not keep backups, so they were all lost when the site was hacked.

You can read more here: A (very) brief history of WF

We have something similar to reputation with the award system + reaction score :)oh awesome, thanks for letting me know and yeah I knew the old backups were deleted. Not your fault (or was it? 😂) either way, glad to see your still willing to host and be a part of WF, I doubt you remember me but if Rashnu rings any bells. That was I.
Post automatically merged:

I will admit... it's not AS good as the reputation system was as a method of quickly judging a members character and popularity, but you can leave reactions to each post, which get tallied into the "Reaction Score" displayed under your username. It fulfills the same role, but a bit differently and I would say maybe a bit less reliably. There are negative reactions too.

Please do take the time to read the rules (in Annoucement section - as well as in some other sections with section-specific rules). They are always sticked in whichever section they are in, and the rules are a bit different to the old WF.
Yeah I read the rules and such before I made my account 👍 it did clarify that each section may have different rules

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Nice to meet you Amour! Looking forward to what you have to contribute!

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Nice to meet you Amour! Looking forward to what you have to contribute!
Goes for me Too! I was going to add it was cool interacting with your take in another thread, but you Really Gotta Be Careful not to go off topic! :cool:;)

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome back @Amour-Propre ! I'm here and active with good content. Whether a book on the Angelic or Kaballah, or the Infernal or others, I am giving the best I can.

Glad to see an old member of WF re-joining WF in its modern version

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome back @Amour-Propre ! I'm here and active with good content. Whether a book on the Angelic or Kaballah, or the Infernal or others, I am giving the best I can.

Glad to see an old member of WF re-joining WF in its modern version
Thanks! You an older member as well?

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks! You an older member as well?
Well, no I am not. I joined 3 months ago 😀. It's in my join date.

But, despite my joining, I am very interested in the forums archive, though, I must say, the forum seems more tidy than what I see on the archive. We have book shares now, not just links to books scattered among other topics.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Well, no I am not. I joined 3 months ago 😀. It's in my join date.

But, despite my joining, I am very interested in the forums archive, though, I must say, the forum seems more tidy than what I see on the archive. We have book shares now, not just links to books scattered among other topics.WF was up about 13yrs ago
Post automatically merged:

WF was up about 13yrs ago, it went down then came back up, that’s why I asked, yeah I just recently joined back up a few days ago 😂 I’m glad you’re enjoying it, I’m sure as skull keeps updating it’l just keep getting better. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.