• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Journal Nocte Ac Die's Journal of Spirit Communications

A record of a users' progress or achievements in their particular practice.
Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately Chapter 9 does not go into an exercise, that is chapter one, unless you read between the lines.

We already know breathing and being relaxed and the ability to command the mind still is in my opinion necessary to be able to go in and out of trance, depending on how deep you go.

Its my estimation that trance first starts out with a duller speed of thought, which makes sense that theta waves are associated with memory retention, and especially delta.

It goes on to talk about the handful of brainwave states or also known as neural oscillators/oscillation.
It goes on to refer to Spontaneous Trance, then Trance experience, then The Best Way to Enter Trance, then an exercise.
There are more exercises, but this is the only obvious one. Gazing at the candle flame. This can lead you to will the candle flame to be short, tall, flickering/weaving or straight. That is a bit more advanced and off topic however. Simple observe the candle, I usually gaze at the least bright, the blue flame.
There is more past this including another exercise of its own right.

Reaction score
Awards
Will be reading Chapter 9 Trance and Chapter 10 Spirit Sight, Sense and Sensing today at work, unless I can get farther.

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, I fell behind this weekend due to exhaustion, but picking back up on this tonight, especially since no ritual will be done tonight.

Reaction score
Awards
Chapters 1,2, 9 and 10; what is it all about, what did I learn, what did I experience?

Reaction score
Awards
I have been reading Chapter 9 (Trance), and have been taking copious amounts of notes.
However, the actual content is fairly small, this is why it has taken so long, reading them over and over again.
I am only halfway through the chapter, and at this point I am on the pages of exercises, then Return From Trance and some other subchapters.
This will take some time to formulate into a lengthy post, without plagiarizing.

Reaction score
Awards
Will digest the rest, and hold off on commenting notes until after a ritual takes place.

Reaction score
Awards
Back to copious note-taking.

Chapter 9, Trance
BRAIN WAVES/STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS
We have four primary brainwave states or states of consciousness, along with sub scales Mu, Gamma, and PGO waves.
WAVE/OSCILLATION. FUNCTION. CYCLES. CHARACTERISTICS.
Beta Normal waking state consciousness. 14-27/sec. Usually we spend 75% time interpreting input into thought
Alpha Light trance, light meditation state. 8-13/sec. Used in daydreams, hypnogogic state, meditation.
Theta Deep meditation, light sleep state. 4-8/sec. Generally unaware of things, deep meditative state.
Delta Sleep state, deep sleep, REM dreams. 0-4/sec. Completely unaware. Sound sleep. Dreams.

SPONTANEOUS TRANCE
Many mediums go intentionally or spontaneously into trance states. Either in Alpha or Theta. Sometimes sub planes. With Alpha, the medium has full recall of what has transpired or been said. In Theta, the medium is unaware and continues on right after what was said before trance. The medium is unaware of what has transpired or been said.

TRANCE EXPERIENCE
Some symptoms that may occur while going into trance:
Theta -
Muscle spasms/contractions leading to a strong walker.
Completely spontaneous connection with a spirit.
Alpha -
Light sleepiness, a daze as when gazing upon sigils.
A feeling like anesthesia without the smell of ether, leading to an OBE.
Some memory may be retained of the experience.
Suggestions -
Try induced trance with eyes open.
Remember that altered states of awareness/consciousness is 100% normal by design of mind, body and soul/spirit.

BEST WAY TO ENTER TRANCE
Meditative states leading to to altered state
Introduction via Spirit Guides as the hypnotist
A scheduled special place invite only to get to know the spirits in trance states.
Once trust and respect are proven, the medium may offer partial use of their body to sense and speak through them.
Or...
Hypnotism. The hypnotist must be competent to handle any problems that arise. It should be in general private.
Relaxation muscle by muscle until a completely relaxed body feeling, leading to slight altered state of hypnosis.
Or....
Gaze at a bright object in an otherwise dark place. Mirror, crystal ball, etc. Breathe evenly and deeply as you gaze at the refracted light coming from the object. All bodily processes must be unconscious to minimize distraction and snapping out of trance. Be aware of visions of symbols or words received but do not dwell on them, although you may speak them into a tape recorder.
Or develop and use anchors to a point where you can simply switch in and out of trance by alternate anchors.

EXERCISE
Light a candle and darken the room.
Get comfortable nd gaze at the blue part of the flame, and breathe deeply and evenly until it becomes automatic still gazing at the flame all the while.
The candle should be eye level, unless a distraction, background noise may be used.
Gaze steadily at the flame and recite affirmations such as -
"I am feeling comfortable and at peace. I am totally relaxed."
"As I gaze at this flame, my eyelids become heavier and want to close."
Continue with suggestions that are secure and comfortable.
Keep eyes open. Extinguish the flame or let it burn out.
Journal visions or symbols received and observed.

More notes to come ....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Will finish notes on chapter 9, then add notes for chapter 10; as this will pair today with (as much as possible minus time constraints for getting to work tonight) Kuriakos Lessons 4-10.

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 9 - Trance - Early Symptoms of Mediumship
You are convinced you are in great danger, or are losing your mind.
This fear gradually decreases over time however.
Oncoming of trance accompanied by Physical and Psychical manifestations such as:
Cramps, sudden pains, nausea, hiccups, flashes of light seen, become suddenly faint, or feel overwhelmed and rushed.
These are perfectly normal symbols,ptoms, but see a doctor on these as well.
If these do occur and it is not a medical emergency, keep sitting and resume your work; knowing these are signs of trance and you are making contact with the spirit world.
Sometimes sights and smells may be unpleasant; or you may experience warmth, pleasant smells, a feeling of safety, comfort and sunny skies.

Reaction score
Awards
Reading chapters 9 and 10 tonight at work even, to take notes and comment on Kuriakos chaps 5-12.

Reaction score
Awards
Picking back up on this, meditating on chakras and getting into Clairs and trance in depth.

Reaction score
Awards
Now that a squabble has been squashed, for whatever reason it occurred, this has largely been neglected, so back on this.

Even though when I called Prince Orobas earlier tonight, I felt ear pressure/congestion. Heavy feeling; Clair abilities must be developed in order to properly evoke a spirit in my opinion. Others get different results, I get little to none. Lucifer felt light in contrast.

So, on to finish chapter nine and work on chapter ten, then back to chapter 3 in order since 1-2 and 9-10 were tackled to properly understand chakras, trance, anchors, and Clairs.

Then, in my opinion, are you ready for evocation.

Reaction score
Awards
Used trance anchor but my mind and heart are heavy, so it took a while to go into light trance.
I lit the tealight and for a few minutes gazed at it, looking at the flame and through it, and letting my gaze fall back.
I saw the beam of golden light refracting back at me, perhaps due to lack of my lamp being on?
Nonetheless, this is an exercise for trance AND clairvoyance.
Used reverse anchor to come out of trance and blew out the candle. No visions as head and heart too heavy. Except for the light beaming toward me, nothing else notable.
5 min.

Reaction score
Awards
Im currently reading chapter 10, and have been trying to work on clairvoyance. Occasionally I hear voices, but its hard to tell what being said.
So, working MCM again as a Clairs training exercise, despite a few cards that are so battered I know who they are, so I can cheat a bit but try not to.
I think visionary magic in the form of path workings might be ideal as Im prone to daydreaming.
Lets see if they open up Clairs.

Reaction score
Awards
Still on this. I recommend candle light gazing to help stir "clairs" (clairvoyance/esp).
Light the candle.
Note the lumens color and brightness around and behind and in fromt of the flame as well as the top.
Gaze into the blue flame portion holding your sight there, but pulling back on your gaze.
Snuff/pinch candle when done with speaking:
"Though this small flame here goes out, its brightness shines above."

Reaction score
Awards
Tired, but work must commence.
Well, got off my duff and did the Neophyte Formula:
E: Lord of the Universe adoration with Neophyte signs
E: Qabbalistic Cross Ritual
E: Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram, earth banishing
E: Qabbalistic Cross Ritual
S: Neophyte Signs
W: Lord of the Universe adoration with Neophyte signs
W: Liber Resh Vel Helios evening adoration with Practicus sign
W: Middle Pillar Ritual
N: Neophyte signs

Now my small side reading:
Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation
The Sacred Magic of Ancient Egypt
The Mystical Qabalah
The Tree of Life
The Middle Pillar
A Complete Course in Magick
Book of Spirit Communications
Candle Magic: A Spellbook of Good and Evil

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Two ways to induce "calairvoyance is to gaze at a candle flame, and another is by tarot, by guessing the suit.