• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Non KJV Approved Bible Books

Reaction score
Awards
As the title suggests, this is what I'm seeking. If I have to learn Greek Hebrew and latin then so be it. I have the Siddur, Apocrypha, and Greek-English Interlinear NT.
I will do my research on this, but if anyone knows off hand, thats whom the post is directed to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
I will do my research on this, but if anyone knows off hand, thats whom the post is directed to.
I will do my research and post my findings. I do know of a couple areas, though Vulagate may require Latin.
Then again, I need to re-learn Hebrew and Greek alphabets and immerse myself into the languages themselves, adding most likely French, German and Latin to the list. I wish I got college credit fo all of this.

And it appears from a cursory reading of the Apocrypha preface, that in 1629 all bibles this year and earlier were collected and disposed of and exhorted the people to dispose of them and accept the new approved KJV.
What is not included is certain books in the septuagint and apocrypha.

Still, I yearn to find as close to the original bible as possible.

Last edited:

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Septuagint is afaik the oldest New Testament. I would like to learn more if anyone knows about it. The Old Testament is of course written in Hebrew. So, Greek and Hebrew?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Still, I yearn to find as close to the original bible as possible.
I'm certain that a search of the internet might turn up many opinions about this topic. A quick look at the Duck brought up this web page.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I was actually impressed that they gave a paragraph to the New World Translation by Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm far more likely to recall a scripture from that translation due to my familiarity with it, at least versions older than 2010, than any other translation.

I have a free ESV on my Kindle. I have a JPS (Jewish Publication Society) Hebrew-English Tanakh (physical copy).

So, are you a magician?

"And many of those who had become believers would come and confess and report their practices openly. Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver. Thus in a mighty way, the word of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing." Acts 19: 18-20 NWT

How is knowledge of The Bible going to make you wealthy?

"But Jesus said to him: 'Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.'" Matthew 8:20 NWT

"To be sure, there is great gain in godly devotion along with contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, and neither can we carry anything out. So, having food and clothing, we will be content with these things. But those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and harmful desires that plunge men into destruction and ruin. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains." 1 Timothy 6:6-10 NWT

Reaction score
Awards
Tis true, something I grapple with because of real world, real life, streets experience. It's not pleasant, and the number of those compassionate toward believers dwindle.

Anyway, one thing that popped into my head, is what about 72? Could it be that six 'missing' books hold a key to total 72?
Just a thought.

Also, one interesting note. Jesus mentions the Book of Jasher. Im no Bible scholar, but I type this off my head, it is the same story as Job, but Abraham is the central character in Jasher. Odd. Who is Job? Also, there were warnings not to add one letter nor take one away. Puritans kinda did that in the 1600s.

Reaction score
Awards
I'm certain that a search of the internet might turn up many opinions about this topic. A quick look at the Duck brought up this web page.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I was actually impressed that they gave a paragraph to the New World Translation by Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm far more likely to recall a scripture from that translation due to my familiarity with it, at least versions older than 2010, than any other translation.

I have a free ESV on my Kindle. I have a JPS (Jewish Publication Society) Hebrew-English Tanakh (physical copy).

So, are you a magician?

"And many of those who had become believers would come and confess and report their practices openly. Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver. Thus in a mighty way, the word of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing." Acts 19: 18-20 NWT

How is knowledge of The Bible going to make you wealthy?

"But Jesus said to him: 'Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.'" Matthew 8:20 NWT

"To be sure, there is great gain in godly devotion along with contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, and neither can we carry anything out. So, having food and clothing, we will be content with these things. But those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and harmful desires that plunge men into destruction and ruin. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains." 1 Timothy 6:6-10 NWT
Thank you by the way. On my way to the site now. JW are terrific as far as Bible books go, LDS not so sure.
I do have Blue Letter Bible, so will check out those versions. Thanks!

Reaction score
Awards
Also, dont you find it that he exhorts the human race, in both OT and NT to come out of Egypt? How do you come out of Egypt if you dont venture there?
Finally, the Bible seems to be a book of magic hidden in layers of symbolism on a particular symbol, like an onion, perhaps pearls? So, as intact a grimoire as possible would also be nice.