• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Occult Discord Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
I don't really understand how to use Discord and i've only used it briefly but I wanted to know if there are any helpful, friendly Occult Discord servers that anyone could recommend joining?
I don't use a microphone though, i'm really shy, awkward & socially anxious.
Talking to people about the Occult is helpful, it's obviously good to educate yourself, do your own research and form your own opinion as well though.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I don't use a microphone though, i'm really shy, awkward & socially anxious.
Although Discord is used by gamers to chat out loud while they're playing, most of the servers people talk about when they say "join a Discord server" are just messaging - basically a bunch of group chats on different (relevant) topics. They may sometimes organise "live" voice chats but those are special events, not the everyday experience

So you don't need to worry about that

(In terms of a good one, I'm not sure. Every few days on Reddit someone is like "I've just started an occult Discord, join me!!" - and those are clearly no good (they're trying to start a whole new community from scratch without having checked which ones already exist - so it's a hundred Discords with 4 users each) but I'm sure there are good ones out there

Podcasts and YouTube channels often have affiliated Discord servers, and they're usually good because there's a built in community aligned around a similar vibe. They're often a patreon perk, which again increases the quality of conversation (because it's people with at least some commitment to the work - it's often only $1 a month, but that weeds out a LOT of tourists). I know Foolish Fish has a discord, for eg. You might try looking up your favourite occultists and see whether they have an affiliated Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.