• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Occult Dream (come true)

Amadan

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I had a dream about a strangely shaped building in a city I've never been to and have just today learned that it's a real place, and it looks exactly as it did in my dream, down to the smallest, most bizarre architectural details. The goal of the dream was to steal an occult book.

If this happened to you, what would you do? Looking for ideas. Thanks.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
That's pretty cool. Are you going to go? In an evocation I once got a message I should go to some place in the Middle East. I didn't.
What book was it?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
That's pretty cool. Are you going to go? In an evocation I once got a message I should go to some place in the Middle East. I didn't.
What book was it?
Better yet, did he get the book yet?
This reminds me of a Crowley anecdote. Aiwass allegedly told him to steal some artifact from the museum in Cairo, but the Beast balked.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I had a dream about a strangely shaped building in a city I've never been to and have just today learned that it's a real place
For me the first question would: was the dream real or contrived like a documentary re-enactment?

At one time I would have fake dreams - including a James Bond type scene where I could walk through without any of the participants seeing me. The dreams seem to have been to test my discrimination

How do you tell if what you see is real?

Amadan

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
What book was it?
It's on the other side of the country, and would be hugely expensive to go, so I doubt it. I don't know what the book was. Someone told me I had to get it, had the feel of saving it from the bad guys scenario.
Post automatically merged:

Better yet, did he get the book yet?
This reminds me of a Crowley anecdote. Aiwass allegedly told him to steal some artifact from the museum in Cairo, but the Beast balked.
lol no, I haven't gone after it. Knowing the building is real is crazy enough, I have no reason to believe the book is real.

For me the first question would: was the dream real or contrived like a documentary re-enactment?

At one time I would have fake dreams - including a James Bond type scene where I could walk through without any of the participants seeing me. The dreams seem to have been to test my discrimination

How do you tell if what you see is real?
It was definitely an actual dream, but it turns out, the geographical and architectural details were all real.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It's on the other side of the country, and would be hugely expensive to go, so I doubt it. I don't know what the book was. Someone told me I had to get it, had the feel of saving it from the bad guys scenario.

lol no, I haven't gone after it. Knowing the building is real is crazy enough, I have no reason to believe the book is real.

It was definitely an actual dream, but it turns out, the geographical and architectural details were all real.
I think he means how to tell if the dream was the source of all your info. When I was a little kid, the teacher had us sing "We Are Marching to Pretoria" when getting coats at day's end. I KNEW on the instant it was a place in South Africa. Important in the Boer War. Past life recall, right? Right?

Coulda been. On the other hand, at home was a forgotten kiddie book about Africa, complete with a chapter about Jan Christiaan Smuts. I have a certain suspicion that what we're dealing with in my case was a forgotten reading session, not reincarnation. I could be wrong. That's just my opinion. (Add qualifiers to taste, first five free of charge.)

The question here is whether a dream is your only, or even likliest, source of information about the place.

BloodOfBakula

Neophyte
Reaction score
I had a dream about a strangely shaped building in a city I've never been to and have just today learned that it's a real place, and it looks exactly as it did in my dream, down to the smallest, most bizarre architectural details. The goal of the dream was to steal an occult book.

If this happened to you, what would you do? Looking for ideas. Thanks.

1. If your "dream" won't give you details about the book, I would just ignore it. ( I doubt there are lost occult books, outside the Vatican. )

2. For me? Yes, I had dreams and evocations where I saw events that could I change. Did I? Yes, but you don't need to know the outcomes. :devilish:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
1. If your "dream" won't give you details about the book, I would just ignore it. ( I doubt there are lost occult books, outside the Vatican. )

2. For me? Yes, I had dreams and evocations where I saw events that could I change. Did I? Yes, but you don't need to know the outcomes. :devilish:
The Vatican loses a lot of books, do they? I mean if a book is lost, that means no one knows where it is. I have a half-a**ed collection of short stories and novels I've written on USB. The scraps of a grimoire as well. After I die, that'll likely be lost and nary so much as a monsignor implicated in the affair.