• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Old Testament question -- Who were Balak and Balaam? Who was their king?

Reaction score
Awards
Balak, son of Zippor (Moab)
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Balaam, son of Beor (Non Israelite, not necessarily Moab or Edom)

Paimon - King of the West, one of the eight Dukes.
Yet Qlippoth is eleven, and dukes are I believe Cheseds flipside, so tin and cedar for dukes I believe.
So eight dukes ... the eight dukes in the Goetia?

Now fo the five and four kings, Numbers may hold the key, or Genesis.
So Zippor == Paimon?

Last edited:

Nobody

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
From what I could find while searching, here's what came up :

I) Balak and Balaam

Balak was a Moabite king who appears in the Old Testament Book of Numbers. He was concerned about the large numbers of Israelites who were encamped near his borders, and he feared that they would overwhelm his people. In an effort to stop them, he sent for a prophet named Balaam to curse the Israelites.

Balaam was a non-Israelite prophet who lived in the region of Mesopotamia. He was known for his ability to communicate with the divine and was believed to have the power to bless or curse people through his prophetic pronouncements. Balak hoped that Balaam would use his powers to curse the Israelites and thus weaken them.

However, when Balaam arrived, he found that he was unable to curse the Israelites. Instead, he pronounced a series of blessings on them, much to Balak's frustration. Despite Balak's repeated efforts to persuade Balaam to curse the Israelites, Balaam remained faithful to his divine calling and refused to do so.

In the end, Balak and Balaam were unsuccessful in their efforts to harm the Israelites. The story of their encounter is recounted in the Book of Numbers chapters 22-24.

II) Regarding Zippor and King Paimon

Zippor (also spelled Tzippor or Tzipor) is a Hebrew name meaning "bird." It appears in the Bible as the name of several individuals, including Zipporah, the wife of Moses.

Paimon, on the other hand, is a demon or spirit mentioned in various occult and esoteric traditions, such as the grimoire known as the "Lesser Key of Solomon" and some modern occult practices.

While both names have a connection to birds, they come from very different contexts and sources.

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you, I knew they were either Moabites or Edomites, but did not see the connection to Paimon except for the name of the king that comes before Paimon is Balaam.
Post automatically merged:

Im still trying to find the four and five kings (9 Kings), not seeing it in Genesis however, and can't fond my expanded index, will have to look it up on Blue Letter Bible or Bible Gateway.

Genesis 14:5-17 holds the mystery of the nine kings, connected to the forbidden nations, i.e. Phillistine, Iraq, Syria, Edom, Moab, Babylon.

In the Goetia, there are nine kings - Zepar, Bael, Asmoday, Balam, Paimon, Purson/Curson, Beleth, Zagan, Belial, Vine .. miscounted one here, perhaps Zepar.
There are eleven dukes of Edom. In the Goetia we find Dukes and Duchesses and Kings.
Let's review some Torah here ... Genesis chapters 14 and 36.
The Canaanite sons and daughters of Esau (Edom)
Eliphaz (perhaps a connection to Belial) - sons are Duke Teman, Duke Omar, Duke Zepho, Duke Gatam, Duke Kenaz.
Reuel - sons are Duke Nahath, Duke Zerah, Duke Shammah, Duke Mizzah,
Jeush -
Jaalam (Balaam?) -
Korah - sons are
Sons and daughters born in Mount Seir
Duke Amalek -
Genesis 36:31 - the Kings
Bela, son of Beor of Dinhabah. --> Jobab reigned in his stead --> Husham reigned in his stead --> Hadad son of Bedad, Avith.
Samlah of Masrekah --> Saul of Rehoboth --> Baal-henan, son of Achbor --> Hadar of Pau.
One is missing here.
Genesis 36:40 - The Dukes
Timnah
Alvah
Jetheth
Aholibomah
Elah
Pinon
Kenaz
Teman
Mibzar
Magdiel
Iram
Eleven dukes accounted for.
Idea, these were Hittites, Hurrites, Edomites, Moabites, and Canaanites. Who were Edom.

Genesis 14, the five and four kings
Amraphel - of Shinar
Arioch - of Ellasar
Chedor-laomer - of Elam
Tidal - King of nations
Amraphel - of Shinar
(duplicated)
Arioch - of Ellasar
(duplicated), four kings with five (nine).
Interesting?

From the earliest map, these are the existing civilizations:
Hittites
Padan Aram
Babylonians
Arabia
Egypt

Last edited: