• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] On phobias vs faith and fear of the JC God

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
In researching methods to solve my acrophobia, I decided to use a 1967 bible index (Jah and Jehovah as opposed to Yah and Yahweh, plus more comprehensive index) of fear, and most verses correspond to fear of the Lord.

Besides fear and courage, does anyone have an idea what I should be searching for?

If not, it remains an internal struggle on ideas of faith and courage and fear of the Lord, not resolving the main issue far as I can tell.
Post automatically merged:

The only solutions I see are:
Press forward
Walk in faith
Affirmations or NLP
Memorize quotes on loss of fear
Baby steps to desensitization

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Acrophobia is the fear of heights, yes?

I had it when I was younger, but by doing some stupid things(and perhaps with help of my dream worlds later) I ended up losing this fear.
It was more about psychology than magic though.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, and its ties to my anxiety, which is tied to vertigo/syncope, and Im epileptic, so heights are not my thing. I've lived ten, twenty stories up, and it was okay then. One could say Ive had a rough go at times. So it resurfaced. When I do my candle magic, I do by intent and affirmation.
So, after another night Im on some Cure Anxiety type spells. Its frustrating, It has me flipped wondering if I have fear of success and fear of failure, am I sabotaging, do I have a tumor, but small steps are a way to desensitization. I t doesn't help when Im told to go work at a particular station, and I turn and face windows showing a top of a building. My town certainly has a flair for architecture.

I believe Courage and Love are keys, but since I find loving others difficult to say the least, Courage it is. That is in the index. There are a few such as a few psalms, but the rest are all fear of the lord.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
In researching methods to solve my acrophobia, I decided to use a 1967 bible index (Jah and Jehovah as opposed to Yah and Yahweh, plus more comprehensive index) of fear, and most verses correspond to fear of the Lord.

Besides fear and courage, does anyone have an idea what I should be searching for?

If not, it remains an internal struggle on ideas of faith and courage and fear of the Lord, not resolving the main issue far as I can tell.

The only solutions I see are:
Press forward
Walk in faith
Affirmations or NLP
Memorize quotes on loss of fear
Baby steps to desensitization
Maybe not the most helpful, but I have a debilitating fear of heights too.

Recently I have started taking up rock climbing with my girlfriend and even though I still get freaked out on the really tall routes, I’m slowly getting desensitized to heights especially through things like falling off the wall and having to rely on the rope to catch me, etc.

Reaction score
Awards
That is a perfect practical application. Stairs still make me nervous, bit not as paralyzing as seeing the windows or taking the 1920s era service elevator.
I think since I quit going outside constantly to smoke, I havent used the stairs much since then. Perhaps that is one of the triggers, the decreased desensitization (I live on the 3rd floor (top floor) of my multiapartment building). Perhaps not take up smoking, but go outside every so often fro fresh air -- especially as spring is coming slowly but surely.

I am going to move in with another friend of mine at the end of the month. It will be difficult for me, since I just got fired, but I can and will find something that suits me and my temperament. and his house if a single story modified home. So it will be less anxiety. I am going to discuss the possibility of outpatient group therapy through New Oakland, which was very good in helping me get over a few things.

Also found some non religious affirmations as well.

Last edited: