• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Opinions on Psychedelics related to the occult?

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I've seen a lot of people online worshiping or taking advice from DMT "Entities" or things they saw during a mushroom trip. What are the odds that these entities are actually real in the sense that they are conscious and self aware apart from being a trick your brain is playing on you due to psychedelics?
I never took DMT, I lean towards opinion in Entering the Desert, that it can help the one who already has a lot of experience, to deepen it, but to one, who has no experience and cannot even say difference between real entity and his own thoughts it is unlikely to bring genuine info.

Judging by how alcohol affects people, the drugs, even psychedelic ones, can only increase what is already within you. If it is real sensitivity, then it can become really intense experience. If it's imagination, then it will me images, if it's problems, then the nightmare comes.

Lord_Cthulhu

Neophyte
Reaction score
My verdict is, he's an engaging writer. But there's a bit too much Aleister Crowley in Aleister Crowley. He's always working an angle on the reader.
Didn't Crowley plagiarise everything he's most famous for?
He's an important modern occultist, no doubt, but he pretty much just revitalised a lot of way older ideas before he kinda lost it at the end.

And I can't imagine being able to do anything other than dance or sit completely still on dmt haha. No chance I could conduct myself properly

JGVDRG

Apprentice
Reaction score
Maybe I'm referring to entheogens, but not everyone uses this term, so, here we go. Leaving synthetic stuff aside:
If nature offers you such tools for spiritual development, you're a tool yourself for not accepting it. Or maybe you just don't want to mess up your mundane senses, which is more than understandable depending on the swag you want to roll the lifestyle you adopted. But I personally don't respect any sort of dogmatic or moral affirmation against psychedelics or entheogens.

But the source of the aversion to these experiences is often raw primate fear of the unknown. There is zero possible comparison between any sort of practice void of mind altering substances and the rituals that involves those substances. Meditation on a substance is not really meditation. Astral projection is one thing, visual experience while on the substance is another, and so forth. It is a work of it's own.

Also, I wouldn't rely on books/texts/videos/reports while missing the real deal. "Come and see, my friend", as they say.

Altan

Neophyte
Reaction score
For example: if you study physics, a mountain (which you consider real) is discovered to be mostly made up of empty space, and the rest of it made up of probabilities. Then, later you find out how this almost nothingness actually forms a solid object.
I agree, and I find the dynamic interesting as knowing being about information and patterns. It's like the Knowing, Understanding, Wisdom triad in Cabalistic philosophy. The first is contact with what is being known. The second is embodiment and ownership of the information, and the third is being able to apply it.

In the case of the Zen phrase, the senses give you the mountain. Meditating makes it disappear because you internalize. Then the reality of the senses and that of the meditation merges, and it all just is. That's a bit similar to the triad Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom- names of sacred centers on the Tree of Life.

As one who spent years undergoing psychedelic journies for transformation purposes, the folks that just trash that path are wrong. I can testify to that. However, they are also statistically correct. That means most humans are better off not touching that path unless they are well-prepared psychologically, not beginners in esoteric exploration, and very careful regarding who is with them, and where they do it and why (the real why).

What I did was an orchestration with art, nature and technology to create the right environment. There is something I read somewhere that I observed: people with a deep and unaddressed shadow if doing stuff with people of a deeper consciousness can under high doses end up trading places with their shadow persona. They tend to undergo an identity crisis, after which they emerge as an archetype form of their own shadow.

The quote I had read, or maybe a study, claimed that one will either come out of a trip as one's better self, or fall into a narcissistic or psychopathic mental hamster wheel that can be like possession. Or in some cases, the real nasty persona some folks have...comes out but with a more dramatic status than just a petty human nastiness.

So nobody just turns on an automobile without having a clue about driving other than turning the car on and getting it moving...fast, unless they are wanting to risk a crash. Sticking unpredictable substances in the body can also make one crash, even when the substances are safe, but the atmosphere that opens into one's perception on these substances may not be.

The perception opening up is just that. It isn't just made up. And one can end up drawing the attention of some of what is "out there". Interestingly, after a few years of people leaving this group and only the stable diehards remaining to push the envelope, a friend of mine got seduced by a girl that was sent by some Kali temple in California by the High priestess to check out a certain psychic irregularity that she traced to us.

Then she tried to poison my friend after seducing him....So, yeah,....caution is a good thing.