• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Opinions on using drops of your blood as offerings?

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I have personally pricked my finger many times in the name of multiple daemons since blood is a very powerful offering. However, it is typically looked down upon by a lot of practitioners because they think it is too dangerous or just plain weird. But the truth is that certain daemons or deities like Lilith, Belial, Lucifer, and Moloch all consider blood to be a powerful offering even if it is just some off of the tip of your finger. (which I recommend)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Your critics must have led sheltered lives to think pricking a finger is "dangerous." Dangerous to whom and why? Are they scared of lockjaw? Or scared their Grand Evoking Rite of the Sapphire Pentaguin might actually make contact with an entity? If the former, why are they doing magick to begin with? Like Burroughs said, magick shouldn't be safe,

Weird? Again, I'm not seeing it. Blood is, at the least, a sign of serious intent. A signal one is taking things up a notch from petitions to "gentile G. Zeus, meek and mild." If it works, you don't need permission from the peanut gallery.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Your critics must have led sheltered lives to think pricking a finger is "dangerous." Dangerous to whom and why? Are they scared of lockjaw? Or scared their Grand Evoking Rite of the Sapphire Pentaguin might actually make contact with an entity? If the former, why are they doing magick to begin with? Like Burroughs said, magick shouldn't be safe,

Weird? Again, I'm not seeing it. Blood is, at the least, a sign of serious intent. A signal one is taking things up a notch from petitions to "gentile G. Zeus, meek and mild." If it works, you don't need permission from the peanut gallery.
I see. That confuses me quite a bit then. Why wouldn't a fellow practitioner want to offer a drop of blood if it meant serious gain?

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've never had a problem with it.

Blood sacrifice - and that is exactly what it is - isn't a major part of my practice, but I have, used my blood for various magical & religious uses when I've thought it appropriate, and I still would.

I think the main reason people object is that they are squicked by the idea, and looking for a justification for their squeamishness.
If it works, you don't need permission from the peanut gallery.
Maybe it's my inner Chaos Magician: but hell-yes.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

Blood sacrifice - and that is exactly what it is - isn't a major part of my practice, but I have, used my blood for various magical & religious uses when I've thought it appropriate, and I still would.

I think the main reason people object is that they are squicked by the idea, and looking for a justification for their squeamishness.

I can totally get behind believing they are just squeamish. I actually got a bit light headed the first time I was trying to nick my thumb with a needle. (I was pushing slowly instead of just getting it over with and doing it quickly) But after I learned to just do it quick it got easier and easier.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I personally don't like the idea, exactly because it supports the wrong image that tends to be spread(and reinforced) on the media.
And in moments of unrest it's quite easy for people to fall back on a "satanic panic" or "witchhunt" of sorts.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I personally don't like the idea, exactly because it supports the wrong image that tends to be spread(and reinforced) on the media.
And in moments of unrest it's quite easy for people to fall back on a "satanic panic" or "witchhunt" of sorts.
I don't really agree with that knowing that blood offerings have been around since the dawn of witchcraft. And besides, that satanic panic thing was sort of based on the ideology that all satanists spilled a TON of blood not a single drop or two. If people have a problem with blood offerings then they just have a problem with the craft in general in my opinion.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

A rural upbringing helps in overcoming that. So did my boyhood nose-picking habit. The teacher threatened to put a tourniquet round my neck next time I hit a gusher in math class.

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
A rural upbringing helps in overcoming that. So did my boyhood nose-picking habit. The teacher threatened to put a tourniquet round my neck next time I hit a gusher in math class.
I never had much of a problem with it even though I was born in a city. It's most likely because of the fact that I always felt out of place so I didn't mind feeling a little more different than usual

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I never had much of a problem with it even though I was born in a city. It's most likely because of the fact that I always felt out of place so I didn't mind feeling a little more different than usual
Actually, the right neighborhood in a city can inure one to the sight of blood. Like Bogie tells the Wehrmacht officers in "Casablanca," "There are certain neighborhoods in New York I'd advise even you to stay out of."

Accipeveldare

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Actually, the right neighborhood in a city can inure one to the sight of blood. Like Bogie tells the Wehrmacht officers in "Casablanca," "There are certain neighborhoods in New York I'd advise even you to stay out of."
True. Even though I grew up in high end parts of Houston I suppose you are correct. I remember passing by certain neighborhoods and being almost afraid of them

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
True. Even though I grew up in high end parts of Houston I suppose you are correct. I remember passing by certain neighborhoods and being almost afraid of them
I lived in Shreveport for a spell. Wore (amongst other metal) my WWJD medallion religiously---"What Would Josey (Wales) Do?"

I was thinking, though, that for magickal purposes, perhaps some inborn blood-squeamishness might be good. Then, in order to use the blood, one has to overcome emotional resistance which makes a jolt of energy available and calls for an exercise of self-discipline.
Post automatically merged:

Don't advertise your use of blood then. One can't design magickal practice with "trigger warnings" for the public. The old emphasis on secrecy was not such a bad thing.

Last edited:

Fausto

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I have personally pricked my finger many times in the name of multiple daemons since blood is a very powerful offering. However, it is typically looked down upon by a lot of practitioners because they think it is too dangerous or just plain weird. But the truth is that certain daemons or deities like Lilith, Belial, Lucifer, and Moloch all consider blood to be a powerful offering even if it is just some off of the tip of your finger. (which I recommen
uman blood is t

I have personally pricked my finger many times in the name of multiple daemons since blood is a very powerful offering. However, it is typically looked down upon by a lot of practitioners because they think it is too dangerous or just plain weird. But the truth is that certain daemons or deities like Lilith, Belial, Lucifer, and Moloch all consider blood to be a powerful offering even if it is just some off of the tip of your finger. (which I recommend)
It's the strongest element for Magic, but I would not use with daemons.

CrabsIsBugs

Neophyte
Reaction score
Eh how other people handle offerings and rituals is not my business, and how I conduct my own is likewise my business alone. Can blood be risky? I guess. But if it is your will and it works for you then cool beans.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
"Opinions on using drops of your blood as offerings?"

Does my opinion matter?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"Opinions on using drops of your blood as offerings?"

Does my opinion matter?
OK, your informed opinion as a magickal practitioner. Sort of like getting a doctor's opinion based on knowledge and experience; not simple emotional reaction. The former might well matter.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Just for the sake of comparison, would offering other people's blood be considered equally devotional or less or more?