• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Other systems like the Kabbalah, Numogram or the I Ching.

CyberneticNomad

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if they're other esoteric/numerical/magick-related systems other than those mentioned in the title? Further responses are greatly appreciated, thank you.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
The Kabbalah and the I Ching cover an awful lot of turf. Sorry: I don't know the Numogram and am too slothful to google. In any case, what are you after: numerology, magickal system, or...? There are, of course, the runes. (Cleave close to Edred Thorson/Stephen Flowers there. Presently the runes are coming in for a lot of (seemingly) well-intentioned abuse by the marshmallow and faery crowd co-pting the symbols.) Also, Johannes Bureus---tutor to Gustavus Adolphus--- cooked up a runic gematria, though he used his own 15-rune system and borrowed heavily from Hebrew gematria. Some theistic Satanist groups have their own systems involving the runes plus Hindu elements (call this neo-Ariosophy.) These can be pretty-damned powerful, if I can put in a plug. The late Michael Bertiaux developed a system he called "voudon," allegedly based on Haitian voodo and its African roots. Apparently numerology was a big part of this. And how could I forget Dr. Dee & Edward Kelly's Enochian magic? Enough detail & nuance there to charm the very IRS itself with Byzantine complexity.

CyberneticNomad

Visitor
Reaction score
The Kabbalah and the I Ching cover an awful lot of turf. Sorry: I don't know the Numogram and am too slothful to google. In any case, what are you after: numerology, magickal system, or...? There are, of course, the runes. (Cleave close to Edred Thorson/Stephen Flowers there. Presently the runes are coming in for a lot of (seemingly) well-intentioned abuse by the marshmallow and faery crowd co-pting the symbols.) Also, Johannes Bureus---tutor to Gustavus Adolphus--- cooked up a runic gematria, though he used his own 15-rune system and borrowed heavily from Hebrew gematria. Some theistic Satanist groups have their own systems involving the runes plus Hindu elements (call this neo-Ariosophy.) These can be pretty-damned powerful, if I can put in a plug. The late Michael Bertiaux developed a system he called "voudon," allegedly based on Haitian voodo and its African roots. Apparently numerology was a big part of this. And how could I forget Dr. Dee & Edward Kelly's Enochian magic? Enough detail & nuance there to charm the very IRS itself with Byzantine complexity.
The numogram is (or was.) part of the CCRU collective, which numerous authors partook in. It is heavily based on the Tree of Life, but it has a more 'cyber-punk' twist to it, and several logical frameworks work differently from something you would expect from the Judeo-Christian Kabbalah.

If you happen to be interested, check this out:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

initmul

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think it would be easier for us to answer your question if you could tell us what you want to do, what "flavour" you would like, if you want strict rules or a more open system, etc. :)

Reaction score
Awards
Tattwas and Tarot are two systems close to IChing or runes. Tattwas are gazed at in meditation and can be used for various purposes such as astral travel or building the body of light.
Tarot majors, if lines from I to XXI in three rows of seven, can be used as a series of guided meditations.
Post automatically merged:

Enochian and Solomonic magic should keep a camper busy for quite some time.
Post automatically merged:

There are also Goetic, Shemhamphoresh, Tibetan Mentalism, Egyptian magic, various flavors of witchcraft.

Could you nail your question down a bit more?

Last edited: