• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Pain as a form of mysticism (Not as scatterbrained edition)

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone else have experience or examples with using pain as a form of spirituality, or examples of pain being used in religious or spiritual ceremonies across history? Have you used pain in your rituals? I don't use pain anymore, but I have in the past.

I'm kind of interested in the energy of pain and how it can be used to induce mystic states.

I included it in Left Hand Path because the concept of Pain in Rituals can be viewed as deviant and going against the norm, in the extent of gaining enlightenment from breaking taboos, but it easily go in Religion, Spirituality and Meditation, feel free to move it if not in the right topic. It's hard if things could fit in two different forums.

I've made this topic before and tried to make it broad because pain is kind of a broad topic, but I re-made the thread narrowing the topic.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It's hard if things could fit in two different forums.
Rule of thumb: If there isn't a big theme(on your post) that is more in-tune with a specific cathegory(for example: "using pain as a sacrifice for demons" for the LHP section), pick either the general one(for occult posts) or lounge(for non-occult posts).Philosophhy and psychology works too if your posts are more about how the mind works, mind states, etc.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Rule of thumb: If there isn't a big theme(on your post) that is more in-tune with a specific cathegory(for example: "using pain as a sacrifice for demons" for the LHP section), pick either the general one(for occult posts) or lounge(for non-occult posts).Philosophhy and psychology works too if your posts are more about how the mind works, mind states, etc.
Thanks, can someone move it to Occult General?
Post automatically merged:

I'm looking for more on the concept of pain in an occult context.

Because my path is very mental and visual, I ascribe mystic states even as fitting into the occult.

Last edited:

Peter2

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
In the centuries of the Holy Inquisition, some of those being tortured soon learned to project out of their bodies, thus ceasing to experience pain, while experiencing the etheric and/or astral planes

In the early stages of various ancient mysteries there were often tests with incidental pain and fear that needed to be overcome.

I saw one such site formerly used for female mysteries that had two lines of graves with unsuccessful candidates. They were unable to absorb enough Seven Sisters energy from the water before they drowned. If they had been less afraid of drowning they might have put more effort into their task

The nearby site for male mysteries, only using water for ritual cleansing, had no graves. That site worked first with a Sirius anchor and then a Betelgeuse omphalos

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Like I said afore, the Plains Indians' Sun Dance included hanging by rawhide thongs attached to skewers as an inducement to visions.

I imagine character or temperament has something to do with the results one gets. Or expectations. I've had a variety of injuries, being a real s*** magnet. The worst pain was chronic gout back in my meat 'n likker days. Bad enough for the doctors to give me morphine; no visions, though.