• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Paper as a medium for wards made out of seals

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
I was sitting here thinking about how I should do some ritual action, even if it is creating or recreating seals, per my wet and warped seal of Solomon I had to use as a coaster. So I start thinking about the medium for the seal in question. Woodcut and a dremmel kit? Nice, but may not pack enough punch. Metal plate from Home Depot/Lowed and a metal etching kit if dremmel can't be used (dremmel will now have to be a temple supply).

But ... surely before miners existed wards of some sort were written in blood or ink, on some sort of medium -- parchment? Animal skin? Or the like?
So then notebook paper is not far removed aside from it not being virgin nor of animal product.

Perhaps animal skin as parchment carried some sort of magical energy in itself making it as suitable as a metal etched disk?

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
There are plenty of daemonologists that use handwritten sigils and such on paper for rituals with great effect. It's not specifically the physical item that holds the power. Those correspondences aren't for an entity to follow, they are for the benefit of putting you into a specific mind state. So your milage may vary, but if you're able to put as much intent into drawing on a piece of paper, it will have the same effect.

I'm thinking of using clay for a little while. Every store around here carries Sculpey clay. It's fairly cheap, comes in a bunch of colors, and you just pop it into the oven once you're done molding and whatnot.

Reaction score
Awards
Excellent idea! I may try it myself with the clay pail I bought at CVS. It has molds and etching tools, so may make a earth pentacle and a few others out of Solomonic seals. Bake and mount them on walls. Question there - with standard cardinal directions and the elements we ascribe to them, when mounting a ward, say of a Mars pentacle, I would think it would hang on the South wall (Fire), though perhaps the North wall in terms of manipulating polarity/elements on the intruding force? So then it would hang either on the West (Water wall) or Northern (Earth) wall - so maybe a couple questions there unless Im overthinking as usual.

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, so even dutifully-drawn in the right state of mind, even on notebook paper, should be enough then.

Even if consecrating it by standards of different systems, and mounting, I guess re-charging would be the only last consideration.

I know for a fact desire paired with an intently scribbled sigil will attract someone. Especially if the same fervor goes into repetitively scribbling their mantra as well.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I agree with Incog. The important part is your intent, you could make anything work. The way I see it, everything is a natural material, as the Earth is really the only substance we have to work with. Maybe more human handled and refined products have picked up some energetic impressions along the way, so if that’s a concern for you try cleansing and purifying any notebooks or papers you do end up using.

Reaction score
Awards
I see what you mean though. A quarter stick of good Frankincense in a closed room will slightly alter your state of consciousness.
Candles, robes, tools, etc are all props to create an altered state of consciousness with the practitioner, and calling forth a contact by sound, thought and gesture.

The real power is in each of us.

Reaction score
Awards
I usually use card stock the color of the metal and it works just fine.
Would construction paper work just as well?
That's what Ive made my Archangel Seals and Kameas from. I should probably fill in the sigil as well on the kamea come to think of it.
I should go back through the replies, I was going to ask what systems are out there that would pack as much of a punch as Solomonic Pentacles.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You think a woodcut packs less
than one drawn on paper?

I won't lie, i usually make mine digitally and print them out. If I want a permanent one I'll either transfer the image to wood from the paper and then either retrace the lines or engrave them directly.
Made a mini altar ( / pentacle) for Gabriel from a wooden coaster with a Dremel. Drilled two little holes in it for incense sticks. Does the trick(s)

Frater Dag

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Would construction paper work just as well?
That's what Ive made my Archangel Seals and Kameas from. I should probably fill in the sigil as well on the kamea come to think of it.
I should go back through the replies, I was going to ask what systems are out there that would pack as much of a punch as Solomonic Pentacles.
Sure. I just like use thick, metallic glossy paper because it lasts a long time and it has that metallic look.

I have used plain computer paper in the past. The angels don't seem to mind, but I think the LK spirits like me to use the nicer paper.