• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Past Lives Memories?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The notion has been bandied about here and there that one sometimes recovers real past lives' memories, albeit not necessarily one's own. Any thoughts on that? I'm not sure how one would go about assigning ownership even. I recently had an automatic writing session where a son was berating his drunk of a deceased dad. Some it was in German, but I know the language well enough that this does not "prove" anything. The spelling was all modern as was word choice. I was not emotionally bothered by the outburst. It did not really hook up with the me I know. Still I could not really disown it with conviction either.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i think its depending on your magickal insights. some really accept it as their past live, others see it as a tool or totally fake. either way it does something to the human psyche. again depending on the one accepting it one can heal the pains or find it a tool for manipulation or both. one could also trace where all of it came from. i think in the game of life its up to you what you believe is you and what you want to do with it.

you had a writing session and when you came clear you noticed it wasnt you, so prob a death person who needed air to be able to move on. and the reason you couldnt disown it really and also the reason why it came to you, is quite simple: like attracts like. so the question should not be what just happened, it should be why am i triggered by it, what is it in me that i let that death being in and why do i have these feelings right now. what does that say about me and my path, what direction do i need to go to make sure im not that?

maybe youre a psychopomp and you do not know it.
Post automatically merged:

you make me think of this song btw, maybe it helps?

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i think its depending on your magickal insights. some really accept it as their past live, others see it as a tool or totally fake. either way it does something to the human psyche. again depending on the one accepting it one can heal the pains or find it a tool for manipulation or both. one could also trace where all of it came from. i think in the game of life its up to you what you believe is you and what you want to do with it.

you had a writing session and when you came clear you noticed it wasnt you, so prob a death person who needed air to be able to move on. and the reason you couldnt disown it really and also the reason why it came to you, is quite simple: like attracts like. so the question should not be what just happened, it should be why am i triggered by it, what is it in me that i let that death being in and why do i have these feelings right now. what does that say about me and my path, what direction do i need to go to make sure im not that?

maybe youre a psychopomp and you do not know it.

you make me think of this song btw, maybe it helps?
Sorry can't see song. The internet here can't get a lot of video stuff from , well, ANY other country.

Your comment's suggested questions of what to do with it was useful. Psychopomp? Aced that long ago. My colleagues deem me pompous; my wife says I'm marginally psycho.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
might be for the best, it was nikita from elton john. you avatar might have enticed it, but as you say it has more to do with what your wife said. ;)
i for myself often forget im not normal, so forget everyone, but you and the mrs. then level your pompousness a bit higher and then we might even come to the conclusion that i am arrogant bitch with a nice smile.

so pompous one, i have a question for you: how can you stop a crowd from energetically kicking you in the stomach, cause im a bit done with the pains?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
might be for the best, it was nikita from elton john. you avatar might have enticed it, but as you say it has more to do with what your wife said. ;) i for myself often forget im not normal, so forget everyone, but you and the mrs. then level your pompousness a bit higher and then we might even come to the conclusion that i am arrogant bitch with a nice smile. so pompous one, i have a question for you: how can you stop a crowd from energetically kicking you in the stomach, cause im a bit done with the pains?

Is this one of those asker-has-the-secret-answer gambits? I reckon, one way to avoid the experience is to avoid crowds. Though a number of online videos suggest crowds can materialize quickly. Especially under certain demographic conditions. Guns seem an iffy response. The People's Republic of Unclesamistan has a lot of DA's who confiscate arms used to ward off attacks. Exuding a really-offputting aura might work.

Oh, the avatar is from some Russkie production involving the Baron von Ungern-Sternberg. I wrote an online article about him a while back. It seems some folks in the backwoods (backsteppes?) of Mongolia still reverence him as the avatar of Mahakala the Dalai Lama claimed to see in the man.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
sometimes recovers real past lives' memories, albeit not necessarily one's own

I have had a couple of memories that seemed out of place based on my working of past lives. Recently I went back in time to look at that memory and it seemed to be in a human that was my brother in a yet earlier life.

As far as I can tell, our mental bodies are still closely connected so that occasionally I pick up his thoughts from another time.

Mental bodies are not restricted by time or space

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
You read stories of children having exper knowledge of flight paths and plane models and wonder - how can this tiny human have precise information that only that exact pilot could know - especially when the family have no resource or knowledge.

We have all lived uncountable of lives. The greater our past spiritual maturity, the greater our memory of said lives and, correlationally speaking, your inclination to learn magic.

The wisdom I accrued in my short years matches what I read in IIH etc. I have insane dreams about coming into this reality, stages, if you like, before putting on my human skin. Luckily I understand its information from before this life. Impossible memories, you know? I know I visit myself in alternative timelines. We know from akasa principle time doesn't exist.
So why can you see not your past self.

Being able to makes perfect sense to me

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
so why can you see not your past self?

in my experience when i look at a past life or me in an other spacetime, the moment i realize its me, someone else claims it and starts dealing with whatever the issue was/is. first that annoyed me as i wanted to be normal, now i think cool you gonna do that, so i can do other stuff.

and in the end they invented copy paste...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In a rather oblique connection, I'm reminded of David Foster Wallace writing about how the problem most ancient seers had was not lack of information per se. The problem was the glut of irrelevant information. One can tune in on past lives memories (whovever's they may be), furture intimations, etc. but the trick is being able to seine out the useful bits. Recovered past lives memories might turn out a whole lot like the random memories that flit through the mind uninvited every day.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Usually, when showing someone a relevant past life experience I am given a numerical year and imagery of specific location and site

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly my dreams don't cease showing me impossible parallels. Things in our world that are incredibly similar but a building or a forest that simply couldn't exist in that location, due to out timelines history.

I've also had freaky dreams of the future, some coded and complex. Some are direct predictions of the day. You're not seeing your past or present. Time doesn't exist.

Glimpsing into an alternative life is normal because your spirit is infinite and time doesn't exist.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The notion has been bandied about here and there that one sometimes recovers real past lives' memories, albeit not necessarily one's own. Any thoughts on that? I'm not sure how one would go about assigning ownership even. I recently had an automatic writing session where a son was berating his drunk of a deceased dad. Some it was in German, but I know the language well enough that this does not "prove" anything. The spelling was all modern as was word choice. I was not emotionally bothered by the outburst. It did not really hook up with the me I know. Still I could not really disown it with conviction either.
I think the tantric idea of not overreading/paying too much attention to mental phenomena is generally good advice. There are images and memories of senses that I have had, where I cannot find anyway that they could have come from this life experience. My sense is that they belong to a kind of charged imagination, where elements of life are reconfigured in a way that gives them a feeling of familiarity, sort of like a mental version of Burroughs' writing technique. They're a useful guide to things that may be going on in the psyche but I wouldn't attribute more than subjective significance to them. If I'm wrong, no harm is done anyway.

What I do find a persuasive indication of past lives are personality traits, especially traits that emerge despite pressure for them to not emerge or where neither of the parents show any similar dispositions.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In The Pale King, David Foster Wallace devotes some pages* to "seers" who access only vast amounts of garbage. Like a cryptographic interceptor picking up all the cell phone chatter for a city when he's looking for useful intell. I suppose some "past lives memories" are like that: dreck one tunes in on that has nothing really to do with one's life, lives. One simply happens, as it were, to share a party-line.

* yeah, I know. David Foster Wallace wrote not in sentences or paragraphs but multiple pages where most men would let drop a monosyllable. Incurable graphomania.