• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Planetary Magic for beginners

Reaction score
Awards
What would you experienced teachers say in regard to planetary magic?
We have a great book here on the subject in the library, would you recommend them to use it as beginners?
What planets should be worked with, or how would we know why and when to invoke a planet or zodiacal sign?

Reaction score
Awards
Also, would you only recommend use of the Hexagram, or would other polygons be used to invoke planets?

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
I haven’t done planetary talismans, but here are a chapter about each planet (each day), every planet have several symbols for several uses i guess, here is the link :
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I myself haven’t worked with the planetary talismans(yet), i have worked the Archangels ruling some planets for other uses.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
What would you experienced teachers say in regard to planetary magic?
We have a great book here on the subject in the library, would you recommend them to use it as beginners?
What planets should be worked with, or how would we know why and when to invoke a planet or zodiacal sign?

I don't consider myself a teacher, but I do have two cents to add for any interested.

Planetary magic is wonderful, as the elements eventually unfold to give you a map of yourself, the planets will eventually unfold to give you a map of the wider forces of the world.

There is no one book that will teach Planetary Magic, but I'd recommend Agrippa to beginners. I don't recommend Agrippa's work due to its length, writing style, or just to say that I've read it.

I recommend Agrippa because he showcases a (nearly) unbroken line of ideas stretching back over long centuries, you can get a good picture of the logic behind the structure of the system with Agrippa's work.

This aids with your connections into this system of magic, which will make contact all the more likely.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
A woman visited my home a couple of months ago. I pointed out a tree close by and asked, to what star does it connect? She immediately replied: Sirius. She was quite correct

So I pointed at the next tree and she immediately said: Venus. Again quite correct

So, perhaps being near cooperative trees can help planetary magic

Reaction score
Awards
So Seven Spheres, Three Books of Occult Philosophy, Planetary Magic here in our library, and Key of Solomon. Noted. A natural magic approach to celestial magic, interesting approach, very much like The Star. A Mercury or Venus approach to celestial workings.
I should be reading Liber 777 too.
There is also a book in Zodiacal Magic that can probably be shared once I can obtain some hardware.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I have found planetary magic to be closer to a religious experience than sorcery, by this I mean it's more complex than a AOS type sigil and a candle. There is a proper attitude and reverence needed when speaking to with these particular beings.

There are all sorts of considerations like timing, astrological placements, ruling and subordinate spirits...etc.

OP, you seem to have an interest in planetary magic, do you know what your overall goals are?
That may help some of the seasoned magicians to offer salient advice.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
A very helpful website:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Enter your location, and it calculates your current planetary hour. I find it useful to always include the planetary hour(s) of workings and meditations in my journal entries.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I was born on the other side of the flat earth they assumed in their astrology. Enjoying their mind gymnastics over that. Really. They are fun!

Reaction score
Awards
I have found planetary magic to be closer to a religious experience than sorcery, by this I mean it's more complex than a AOS type sigil and a candle. There is a proper attitude and reverence needed when speaking to with these particular beings.

There are all sorts of considerations like timing, astrological placements, ruling and subordinate spirits...etc.

OP, you seem to have an interest in planetary magic, do you know what your overall goals are?
That may help some of the seasoned magicians to offer salient advice.
I guess first to help me take control of, and order my life, then with allotted extra space; continue the elemental grade journey up to where I can freely use celestial magic, to help promote what I believe can benefit the world. And see it manifested precisely as that.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I guess first to help me take control of, and order my life, then with allotted extra space; continue the elemental grade journey up to where I can freely use celestial magic, to help promote what I believe can benefit the world. And see it manifested precisely as that.
Well, that is definitely a noble and worthy goal.

I am sure you will get to the planetary spirits in time, contact should come easier after your elemental grades. If I recall, you are working through Lyam Thomas Christopher's workbook, yes?

Thought I haven't read it, I have heard good things about it. I'm sure completing that course of work will help you get to a point where working your Will is easier.

Reaction score
Awards
Yes. A neighbor I was starting to mentor in magic had second thoughts which I respected. He offered for a small price The Golden Dawn, Bucklands Book of Spirit Communications, and Christopher's book (thought I would restart in July on the 0=0 grade, as I have not done any work in the past two months out of respect for someone).

Reaction score
Awards
So working through a few books right now, Christopher's Kaballah, Magic and the Great Work of Self Transformation and The Kingdom of the Gods among a few others. Non esoterically, digital Logic fundamentals and astronomy.

Reaction score
Awards
My neighbor had also hired me a copy of Secret Wisdom of All Ages, not only does it fill in gaps, I might l, just with a proper complete initiation guide, find the spiritual side of freemasonry. At the least it will supplement the astronomy textbook I've been reading.
At some point I want to work all planetary material, but should probably learn the LRH with the four forms as well.