• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Please add a courses tab where people can upload the courses they have :)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I will not be adding a courses tab at this time, as I feel that is cutting too deep into intellectual property theft, and will bring unwanted legal problems, and also unlike books will significantly take away/impact the creators of these courses financially. I may revisit in the future, but for now the answer is no.

It is not banned content at this time, but I am not going to endorse it by making a section, and I will not dispute any copyright claim against a course, I will take it down if requested by publisher.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I will not be adding a courses tab at this time, as I feel that is cutting too deep into intellectual property theft, and will bring unwanted legal problems
Agreed.

Courses usually have a bigger length than books have pages, and the work put into making courses is double that of a book(in my opinion) so it isn't worth it to do so.
The only way I can see it being worth is if the one behind the course actually gives the ok for it to be here(or might even be a member themselves, who knows?) and there might be some sort of agreement between the course creator and the site(as it can't be denied that this site does have decent traffic considering it's main content).

Reaction score
Awards
Truth. There should be an agreement between the content creator and the students to not distribute materials. Obviously, this point seems to be ignored.
One book I was recently reading on Qi Gong has an "Uncopyright".