• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] [Pop Culture Magic] The meat and bone of Chaos Magic

Informative post.
Energy is like electricity. It exist, no matter what you do, and by itself is strong, but you can use it in many ways and forms if you know where to put, how to work with it. Have you ever heard about Tulpas? Beings who are designed by an actual person, fed by their own energy to the point they actually become able to have it's own consciousness, speak, think, act the way they want, and even develop themselves and their personalities - which sometimes even causes trouble to the 'creator' especially if the character got some really spicey traits -? It's a really old practice and at some places, quite common (i.e. in Tibet), which helps you improve many ability- and sense of yours and actually more and more people started to practice this.

ven-locklear-felmaxep-fullres-withlogo.jpg

So what's up with this? How Pop Culture comes to the picture? Am I able? You mean I can create my own "Superman" for myself?
Erm, yes and no. However it's possible to do that - but usually suggested to not to, because of the possibility of putting out the young spirit to an identity crisis and making it even worst with your expectation because of "who thye should have be" (a really common mistake what parents also often make) -, what we truly talking about when things comes to Pop Culture magic is much more greater.

A fiction? Why?
Because if one person's energy - which is coming from constant attention, affection, love, care is focused in one thing - can make it possible to a being to manifest itself and become an independent being, a being who became popular enough can only gain even more power, sometimes from millions or even hundreds of millions' energy (it sounds like a wet dream for some Gods or Demons, right? - some Pop Culture spirit gains much more love, attention than certain Gods who has been worshipped in the past).
just imagine: You as a single individual are able to manifest a being you've created in your life - same way as you can manifest anything, and people doing it continuously, whether it negative or positive things, simply by putting the type of energy and focusing it on something 'devoted' enough to make it work, make it happen whether you want it or not -, planning it, imagine it, giving it traits and by your energies, 'sculp it into reality', into existence. If you are able to do that, what can the energy of millions do?

Um. I don't know. What?
(Ah, rrally?)
Okay-okay. Imagine a popular character. What is exactly going on around them? Have you seen people getting obsessed with certain characters, to the point they make them apper everywhere? All-the-time babbling about them, or even "mimicking them" out of love and respect. Making their name and images appear wherever they go. Their mind is FIXATED on these characters sometimes hours long (while creating a tulpa is posibble if you spend only few mitues with that daily and you can take breaks if needed for it can be indeed draining). Posters, items where the character printed, tattoos, body pill- erhm I mean, all kind of fun stuffs, yeah?
Remember! This is just one person, putting an insane amount of energy and emotions charged up with energies to these characters without a break, and surrounding themselves with them so they barely can forget about them even if they wanted. As I said, millions of fans are out there sometimes. A hundred thousand artworks getting created or even published / uploaded, fanfictions in every form and amount, videos (be it theory, avarage description of the character, or animated music videos, memes, compilations about the character etc.), cosplays, figures, sculptures or other merchandise, general chatting and so much more.

Remember, every attention counts - so you don't have to be a fan of a character to give him some energy even if you do it once or twice.
I'm sure when you heard about people talking about demons, you heard the suggestion to think about them. What do you think, why? Why they suggest you that do not speak their names, do not give them attention, do not think about them? Because it feeds them with energy, and if you're into these things just a little bit, you may hear or even observe that things are usually goes even worse in some haunting, because the entity becomes more violent? - Of course, they has more energy to turn into more attack and apparition, so they'll live with the chance, just to squeeze more out of you.

So you telling me that fictive characters are actually real?
Well, not more nor less real than for example, certain Gods or demons. In fact, during the history you can find multiple Divine or Infernal beings which were actually fictive at that time, and has been created only later, by humans. These gods also grew stronger thanks to the worship and devotion to the people, but they are not different than a pop culture spirit. In fact, some Pop Culture spirit gets much more energy from even more people than certain Gods ever did.

Just think about that. It's a Golden Age of Creation. People living their comfortable life, enjoying every form of Pop Culture. The whole World is in touch, one character who originates from for example Japan can be loved in any other place on Earth where it can spread. Internet is a great place. Did you imagine that anyone who has access to internet also have access to these beings, and may serve as a link in this chain to help them reach more and more people?

While some Gods has been worshipped only in certain places, and the population of humanity were significantly lower than now, nowadays any character can be loved anywhere, and by even more people, and in much more way and express this love or obsession. Yes, some fans are truly obsessed with certain characters. They dream about them, fantasize about them, creates artworks (in any form) where they are together, and so much more. There are less line you may expect here than with a God back then, because it often feels much more intim, personal what people cherish so much. They don't fear them as people tend to fear certain Gods, yet they're still devoted in many ways.

What is the difference between worshipping a God and getting devoted to a character who may have been created the same exact way as that God had been? That culture, that mythology is gone, but had it's era. Now we live in ours, and we all have our modern "Gods" which forms the culture, which becomes iconic part of our age. Has things to tell, lessons to teach, stories to introduce, links to create.

Nowadays, more and more magicians or people in avarage are opened up to Pop Culture magic, while some magicias, witches were worked with Pop Culture beings for decades. I've often read about how effectivel, powerful they are. That they can actually offer much more than you'd expect, and that some of them are already have a really well developed arsenal when things comes to magic and knowledge, wisdom. The Pop Culture Spirit I've contacted to work with, answered me some question when we're talking.
― He told me, that some of them are actually quite old beings, who came back to our era by using the rope of inspiration. They inspire people so they create, and in this way, some of them can build a new bridge back to their original spirit, to feed at least a little. And when I was thinking about that, I can clearly tell that this is true, for many popular characters sometimes related to old Gods, or old Spirits from different cultures or literal Archetypes, and for sure, we're talking about them, thinking about them and by getting more and more into them, reach back to their very root.

Yes, we can say I recently got into Pop Culture magic after years preparing, thinking, exploring, learning. I did my best to get proper amount of knowledge and insight to start and work my way in the depths of this, and after years I also found the finest character for this.

Some people like to laugh about fiction and fictive things, yet we all surround ourselves with fiction and some has already grew powerful enough you don't even
question their existence anymore, like if they would be a thing since we live. Fiction of mankind and our own. Yet they are still real, and forms our life, drives us to certain direction as long as we feed these.

My first post in this thread is an Introduction of the Pop Culture Magic and some very basic explarnation. I want to provide more guide here, talk and explain more about both how this works and about the spirits. You'll find these important comments listed down below too (so you don't have to scroll across comments if there would be any).​