• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Protection spell

Someone's asking for help!

Astralwitch

Neophyte
Joined
Oct 8, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Are you suppose to do a protection spell first before other spells?
Interested in what everyone considers the most powerful herbs for the spell? and what method do you use?
I like to use a black candle usually but have also made spell jars. I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly though.
What is everyones methods?
 

Francesca

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
Id say it depends on the spell you're going to do and what you think you should be protected from, like if you're trying to atract abundance, isn't more easy to just set the limits than totally protect yourself? most of my protection comes from work with spirits
 

Tryp

Zealot
Joined
Jul 19, 2023
Messages
112
Reaction score
733
Awards
4
Since you ask this in the witchcraft & folk magic section, first of all I'd say there is generally no correct way, or something you are supposed to do or not, unless you are working under a specific practice structure like a coven that asks for certain group protocols. Not my case or the people I know.

In folk magic, protective measures are rather part of a more or less regular practice hygiene than a preliminary part of rites. We're talking about an animistic, relational paradigm here that differs from ceremonial magic. If I intend to do something I consider challenging, I might talk to a guardian spirit first, or prepare the space burning some incense, but I don't do a protection spell as such.

As for powerful protective herbs, for me that is related to any traditions I draw from or to my own bioregion. In Europe, classic herbs for protection may include vervain, pine resin, rue or hyssop. Native American nations may use white sage or black cohosh. Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East traditions may burn harmel and frankincense. Juniper may be used in all these places. So I believe it depends on where you work and your own choices and allies.
 
Top