• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Purposeful Societal Programming

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
Is based on a need.
Trains will turn your life around. Built on slave labor and hauling tons of coal from mines that gave miners Black Lung. Cigarettes were common.
Uranium will brighten up your whites. In the 30'w to 60s uranium was found in laundry detergent, toothpaste, and kids science kits. Microwaves are the new trend.
Microwave your dinner in five minutes. In the busy 70's to 90s; saw the advent of the microwave market.
Candy Cigarettes -- enough said.
Cereal in the shape and taste of coffee beans -- enough said.

Was any of this actually constructive for the human being?
Post automatically merged:

Then we can look at media - first it was radio, then television, now ISPs that can cut your reception off at any time for any reason.
Thgis brings us to the digital age - if everything is digital, who controls your life?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, didn't think about the Academy area.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
If you understand Brazilian Portuguese I believe this video would be interesting to you:

In short, it was a video where an unknwon man was found laid on the ground with only a note as his possession(The note read:
"To whomever it might interest, my name: Lonely Anonymous.
I don't have family nor relatives on this region of the country"
).
And those that rescued him brought him to the hospital and while it all happened he kept saying the same thing "Let me die in peace", he even complained about the hospital staff forcing him to have tubes inserted into him(because he wouldn't eat nor drink) and called them savages or barbarians(I forgot which it was).

In the end we never get to learn his name, but we learn that he is quite the accomplished man, able to speak several languages, has deep knowledge about subjects like philosophy and medicine, enjoys classic music, is very religious(and knowledgeable about it too), etc.
He explains that he wanted to "get away from society's programming"(in a manner of speaking) and that he couldn't actually even die in peace because society forced him to live.

It's an interesting video with a criticism towards society and how a human is not actually free to make their choices.
Even if that choice is to be left alone to die in peace.

Reaction score
Awards
So it might be likely to come up with our vaguely connected subcultures, each with its own affirmations and mood, etc. Only way to defeat population control,.that and do reverse of what's expected.