• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Quareia students, how is the program ?

Reaction score
Awards
I'm planning ahead here.
At some point I will finish one of the books, so Magical Trilogy and Initiation into Hermetics are both on my radar.

Opinions?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Magical Trilogy isn't so much a course as it is a book of magical philosophy. It's easy to read, so read it if for no other reason than to expand your views on magic. :)

The actual Quareia course material is heavy on meditation and visualization, aka pathworking. People who are into the physical tools, dressing up, and obscure bits of knowledge common with high ceremonial ritual may be disappointed. However, as Josephine McCarthy points out, how are you going to work magic away from your personal temple space if you haven't learned to work in vision? The down side? It can take years to become proficient. Think of it as a system to grow with, gradually integrating it into your life, not as a one and done deal with grades and levels. This is intuitive magic, which in my opinion is a welcome balance to patriarchal ceremonial tradition and feminist Wiccan practice.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting take on opposite views when it comes to spirituality/magic.
What, in your opinion, would be called the middle path?

I didn't come up with this take on my own. :)

Josephine McCarthy:

"The majority of people who are first drawn to magic fall into either the witchcraft collection of paths (Wicca, Trad Craft, etc.) or the ritualist collection (Golden Dawn, OTO, etc.). Online courses and book series proliferate and eventually people find their way to a local group or a more solid course of study. From that point, they usually join a coven or a lodge. ...​
"We have magical systems developing through a male line that is connected to religious and mythical patterns of power grabbing. Both patriarchy and matriarchy are imbalanced expressions of power and can both express power imbalances through their actions, something that we have witnessed repeatedly throughout history." - The Magical Knowledge Trilogy, pp 21, 24-25.​

Also, Jason Miller:

"Rather than use the more common terms Witchcraft or magick, I have chosen to refer to the magick in this book as Sorcery. Because this term is not in very common usage these days, I want to offer a few words on what I feel Sorcery is, and what a Sorcerer does.​
"The term Witch tends to conjure the idea of a style of magick that values the feminine over the masculine, the intuition over the intellect, the lunar over the solar, the nocturnal over the daylight, the ecstatic over the ceremonial, the outdoors over the temple, the chthonic over the ouranic, and so on. It doesn’t reject the latter in each case, it simply emphasizes the former. The term magician on the other hand, tends to invoke the opposite juxtapositions.
"I say that we must transcend the dichotomy, and thus encompass both ends of this spectrum! Thus, I have chosen the term Sorcerer which, to me at least, contains elements of both the Witch and the magician." - The Sorcerer's Secrets: Strategies in Practical Magick, "About the Magick in This Book," page 13.​
I'm not sure I have an opinion that can be tied down. I look for what is useful and try to find a balance in my own work.​

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Josephine McCarthy goes in depth explaining her thought process for Tarot divination in the first video:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!