• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Question about Angelic Choirs

Ancient_blue

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello guys, I got a question. There are 10 angelic choirs associated with the Sephirots in the Tree of Life. But are there angelic choirs associated with the 12 zodiac signs? I know the Archangels of the zodiac sign but can’t seem to find information about there choirs.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The choirs as given in Kabalah and Christian occultism are difficult to compare with one another (in my opinion at least). I know that a lot of people think the Angels of the Shem are grouped in 9 choirs as well but when I asked an Angel about this (who had given me other very relevant info that was confirmed later) he said they are 1.
If you however believe that the Shem are grouped in these 9 choirs, then you can figure out a way to match the Zodiac signs to these choirs.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
One way to approach angels associated with the Zodiac (the Shem as well as the Decan rulers) is to look at the planetary correspondences and connect that to the Sephiroth associations which connects to the choirs, or orders, as you will. For example, by one system of associations, Vahaviah is assigned to the first quinance of Leo, which is ruled by Saturn, so that would make the angel of the nature of Binah, so it could be supposed that the choir or order would be of the Aralim, or Thrones.

However, it should be noted that Chockmah is associated with the Zodiac in general, and the Shemhamemphorasch begins as a grouping of three letter names of God that extend into angelic identities. I don't know if the word "tangled hierarchy" would fit, but I myself feel tangled about it at times. Back to Vahaviah, the association with Leo would then be solar, so on to Tiphareth, etc...

Also, you have to consider that the typical Christian system of Psuedo-Dyonisius the Areopagate (Virtues, Dominations, Powers, etc) and Kabbalah organization seem to be at variance, and then there are variances within the variances. I wouldn't be surprised if they influenced each other in different times and places, and that there were a lot of arguments. It's important to understand that these systems evolved over time, whatever any given myth or projection of scholarship might say.

I have seen a chart somewhere that actually groups the Shem names into Sephiroth, thus assigning them to Kerubim, Melechim, Seraphim, Chasmalim, etc., but I'd have to dig for it.

It's also interesting to note that the corresponding demons of the Goetia are sometimes referred as being of the orders of Powers, Dominations, and so on. Like the Shem, they are assigned to quinances.

I asked an Angel about this (who had given me other very relevant info that was confirmed later) he said they are 1.
Lol, reminds me of Dee asking a similar line of questioning and getting "Omnia unum est" as an answer over and over. Such a phrase has always satisfied my own Platonisms.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Many years ago, when not concentrating or when waking up, I would often hear an orchestra playing classical symphonic music. I was familiar with the western repertoire but never recognized any of the music.

I don't recall having heard a choir

Where the human has multiple streams of light entering the head, often there are harmonic complexes formed, but again I have never heard choirs.

Perhaps the term choir is metaphorical

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Question about Angelic Choirs
SUBTOPIC:
⁜→ et al,

"An object that cannot be conditioned by either classification or relation is unknowable."
SOURCE: New Catholic encyclopedia.—2nd ed. Vol #1 A-Azt, © 2003 by The Catholic University of America. Published by Gale Group, Inc. Farmington Hills, MI 48331-3535, pg 183
e4358e2986e8865a927f98fc73d73741.jpg

"Since the 4th century the choirs of angels have been reckoned at nine both in the East (Cyril of Jerusalem, Catech. mystag. 5.6; Chrysostom, Hom. 4 in Gen. 5) and in the West (Ambrose, De apologia prophetae David 5.20). This number prevailed because the five groups named in the Pauline Epistles and were looked upon as good heavenly spirits, They were placed together with the angels and archangels [their numbers were estimated at a gradually increasing figure (Const. Ap. 8.12.27: a million archangels)] along with the cherubim and seraphim."
SOURCE: ibid, pg 421

Often in sacred texts, you will see the Angel "Uriel" set apart from other Chiors and distinguished as the "Prince of Angels." Additionally, relative th Occult recognition, "Abaddon" (‘‘The Destroyer’’) is the name given to the "Destroying Angel" or the "Prince of the Underworld."
SOURCE: Encyclopedia of Occultism & Parapsychology - 5th ed, Copyright © 2001, Gale Group, Inc. Farmington Hills, MI 48331-3535, pg #1

The Angel "Abaddon" (‘‘The Destroyer’’) should not be confusted with the Angel "Alastor" (The Executioner).

Angels are NOT historically, mythological, and cultural associated with the 12 Signs of the Zodiac. However, Angels are known to come when call during zodiac rituals. The Angel rule over the 36 Aspects of human consciousness to heal or straighten distorions of a serious nature.

Angels are believed to be associated the the Decans corresponded of each tarot card images.

As you dig into the domain haunted by angels you will notice that within the Hebrew alphabet there are spiritual attributes, powers, and angels assigned. But following that line of thought pertaining to the angels, could (probably will) lead you to a great number of entangalments.

1611604183365-png.448413

Most Respectfully,
R

PS
The 7 planets, the 7 days, the 7 heavens are the 7 letters b, g, d, k, p, t, r. The other letters represent the 12 frontiers of space, the 12 signs of the Zodiac, the 12 organs of the soul. (See the Book of Yesirah, pg 889)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"from Greek angelos ‘messenger’"

I am not sure why angels have to be supernatural.

Genesis 19

"When the two angels came to Sodom that evening, Lot was sitting at the city gate. As soon as he saw them, he got up and went to meet them. He bowed down before them and said, “Sirs, I am here to serve you. Please come to my house. You can wash your feet and stay the night. In the morning you can get up early and go on your way.” But they answered, “No, we will spend the night here in the city square.” He kept on urging them, and finally they went with him to his house. Lot ordered his servants to bake some bread and prepare a fine meal for the guests. When it was ready, they ate it. Before the guests went to bed, the men of Sodom surrounded the house. All the men of the city, both young and old, were there. They called out to Lot and asked, “Where are the men who came to stay with you tonight? Bring them out to us!” The men of Sodom wanted to have sex with them."

So the angels were easy to recognize, happy to wash and eat and have shelter for the night - and they were sexually attractive

Perhaps they were aliens