• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Question on magical currents

Reaction score
Awards
How do they work exactly?
My impression was a right relationship with inner plane contacts, and a egregore in one accord.

How do they continue to live on?

If dead, can they be revived by a solitary?

If alive,.can you piggyback it?
Examples: OTO, OAA, ONA, HOGD.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You bought a house. High standing grass all around it. There you see something like a stonecross in your land. You walk there. Through the grass. Which way will you take back? Probably the easiest, the way you came. Friends come to visit. You show them the cross. A path develops. The cross is said to do miracles. A gravel path is made. Tarmac road, as busses with tourists arive. Hotels get erected. A four lane Highway gets build. A current got established.
Path->way->current.
Archetypes are currents. They become gods by time. Worshippers push energy in them, they start to become magical.
The first spiritual activities in the stone age worked directly with ways and paths.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
So if a current has been a highway which has not been used for a while, it is most likely that it's still there. Cracked, captured by dirt, plants and animals, but still there, a conspicuous edifice in the wilderness. 😁

I don't know what happened to the stonecross though ... So my question is, do old highways still lead to a desirable and beneficial goal? ;)

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
If I understand your question correctly, the "currents" as it were that rituals use exist outside of space-time. You access them by performing your ritual, which becomes one with the original ritual. So, why then doesn't your ritual, assuming it was performed within physical-reality specifications, actually manifest results in your own space-time? I theorize that your unconscious mind is also performing counter rituals for some reason. What would a master of one of the orders you listed tell you is the missing piece of the puzzle?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The best (most used) currents get an imprint in the collective subconsvious. A map with basical information shared by all beings. They are eternal.
Manipulations on that scale usually have a tremendous outcome.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Actually the ritual is just the tool you use to connect to the specific current it is part of. That's why I don't believe in the theory, that you have to perfom this ritual, which has been performed by others a million times before, in exactly the same way tradition tells you.

The key is not the exact copy of the ritual, it's the symbols and meanings within the ritual which open the door. So it's of no use just to perfom the prescribed ritual. You have to find the deep, profound meanings within, which set your inner magical essence into vibration. This way you breathe magical life into your ritual and get yourself on the wavelength of the current.

Don't forget to have your surfboard prepared and then have a nice ride!

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
That's why I don't believe in the theory, that you have to perfom this ritual, which has been performed by others a million times before, in exactly the same way tradition tells you.
While I agree with this, I also believe that a lot of the "fluff" and ceremony had/has a purpose in aiding the magician to reach an altered state of consciousness. A recurring theme in many grimoires is that the magician should reach a state of trance in which the heart of the ritual is performed, desires are expressed, or spirit communication occurs. Equally important is to exit this ritual in a defined way, leave the trance state, and return to reality, so that any subconscious or conscious thoughts do not have opportunity to sabotage one's efforts. For an extreme example, consider the fact that some mediums have no recall of what occurred during their trance state.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
For me a current or tariqa in arabic is living all of you tru your own dna. For me that means being a multidimensional being accountable for my OWN past, future and now.
Its an ever flowing of coming into being where you find you and learn to deal with that in a way you stay connected to the cosmos while at the same time staying detached from it.

In essence everyone should be able to do that. In reality not so much, as everyone has different dna, etc. So even beings in the same current can have a totally different connection with it, or hate each others guts. Hence me going solitary and leaving the rest to others.

Be like a drop in the ocean we are 98% water anyways..

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You bought a house. High standing grass all around it. There you see something like a stonecross in your land. You walk there. Through the grass. Which way will you take back? Probably the easiest, the way you came. Friends come to visit. You show them the cross. A path develops. The cross is said to do miracles. A gravel path is made. Tarmac road, as busses with tourists arive. Hotels get erected. A four lane Highway gets build. A current got established.
Path->way->current.
Archetypes are currents. They become gods by time. Worshippers push energy in them, they start to become magical.
The first spiritual activities in the stone age worked directly with ways and paths.
Tourists come there just because it's something they can post about on Facebook. They throw their cola cans everywhere. Loud kids get drunk there. The nice place in your garden has turned to shit... (Just continuing the metaphor 😅)

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Tourists come there just because it's something they can post about on Facebook. They throw their cola cans everywhere. Loud kids get drunk there. The nice place in your garden has turned to shit... (Just continuing the metaphor 😅)
Correct. And this is why taboos kicked in so early. And why religion will never stop to get littered and abused. They're mass tourism magnets.
That's why we have magic. It's exclusive and secret enough to keep hooligans out.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Magical currents are everywhere. You can make the effort to connect to a specific, well chosen current through ritual or other magical acts.

You can also look which currents are active and near you at this very moment. I sometimes tune into the currents of this forum. Right now my dreams are surfing on the waves of the Halphas Malphas Harut Marut current, which is flowing through the forum, without performing any ritual ...

@KjEno186 , I partly agree with what you say. Rituals are nice tools to enter and leave a specific trance state, magical realms and the like. Yet there are other ways to do magic. I don't perform rituals at all, sliding into trance and doing my magic are one fluent inner movement ...

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, the question is really how they get created, or rather, how to create one.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Each plane and subplane of existence, being the body of an intelligence, is structured as energy currents.
Etheric currents have been mapped often, including using Feng Shui and dowsing.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

More subtle currents connect this planet to other planets and stars. Volcanic plugs often act as wave guides

The geometric Tree of Life can be found as a "foot print" of some cosmic flows

In the context of occult ritual, the currents are experienced by entering into the energy body of some large and possibly benign entity

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Question on magical currents
SUBTOPIC: This is both a huge topic and one of the most difficult to discuss...
※→ Diluculo_DelFuego, et al,

(OPENING) In Newtonian Physics, on the "Relativity" side of the house, as all of you know → there is a particular type of entanglement between a Lepton known as the Electron (Spooky Action at a Distance). This entanglement allows for instantaneous single-bit transmission of data → and is currently unexplainable. These flows are sometimes called "ley lines" in the west and "dragon tracks" in the east.

The difference between Classical Physics and that of Metaphysics is the nature and methodology of exploration. "String Theory" (we are now up to about 11 dimensions theoretically) cannot yet be tested using the Scientific Methodology, whereas Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, have both met that standard (although there is a conflict). So, technically, String Theory is in the category of Metaphysics; a study of reality beyond that explained by the Scientific Method.

How do they work exactly?
My impression was a right relationship with inner plane contacts, and a egregore in one accord.

How do they continue to live on?

If dead, can they be revived by a solitary?

If alive,.can you piggyback it?
Examples: OTO, OAA, ONA, HOGD.
(COMMENT)

None of the Ley Lines are under exploration and experimentation are being examined using the same means and methodologies. When the Earth was solidifying in its early and formative years, veins of various important materials were being formed; some in very close proximity to the other critical elements associated with the electromagnetic and piezoelectric forces. So you have conductive elements in a big spinning ball that has a huge magnetic field spinning with it. Many near encounters form the same kinds of sub straights that diodes and power transistors form.

Here you have a convergence of all the key materials to form circuitry.

Most Respectfully,
R

Reaction score
Awards
So then, my idea of melting together beaded rocks of the four colors together with conductive metals in the Pentacle might not be far fetched.
Thank you .. much food for thought on the ley lines and other bit.