• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Question on what goes on behind a ritual

Reaction score
Awards
When doing a Novena for example, what is going on behind the scenes, with a fixed goal in mind and summarized on the candle tin or candle itself?
What goes on between point a and point c?

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Since I know Novena only as a form of prayer from Christianity, could you tell me what you do in a magical Novena?

Where lie point a and c in this ritual?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
A ritual means that some spiritual actions are repeated again and again. The goal is to act excactly the same each time. I saw medieval stone altar tables with marks on them, so a cup, a candle or whatever is envolved will be exactly placed on the same spots. Even lines were marked there to show were certain objects get moved from a point to another. An exact order is provided.
An aboriginal asked what's behind his sacred ritual answered: "The gods have the tendency to be forgetful. You have to constantly remind them."

Reaction score
Awards
Since I know Novena only as a form of prayer from Christianity, could you tell me what you do in a magical Novena?

Where lie point a and c in this ritual?
Novena in my use has a Catholic opening, a LBRP, A prayer, meditation on goal, lighting of candles, letting candles burn down and out, closing prayer, LBRP.

Reaction score
Awards
A ritual means that some spiritual actions are repeated again and again. The goal is to act excactly the same each time. I saw medieval stone altar tables with marks on them, so a cup, a candle or whatever is envolved will be exactly placed on the same spots. Even lines were marked there to show were certain objects get moved from a point to another. An exact order is provided.
An aboriginal asked what's behind his sacred ritual answered: "The gods have the tendency to be forgetful. You have to constantly remind them."
Interesting. I know my altar setups are different if I am doing Golden Dawn stuff, or different if doing low candle magick.

Reaction score
Awards
I find that geometry is important - lining up objects and humans with energy connections.

My house is very fussy - even to the alignment of patterns on a bedspread
Well, the novena altar arrangement calls for four candles arranged in a square. But then let's consider directions, Weapons and planets. Do the square of candles with an angles other square of weapons, so we have a resulting Mercury talisman shape.

Reaction score
Awards
Still. Begs the question.
Ritual acts and drama provided through geometry symmetry and symbolism of order. Atziluth shoots down a force, intercepted by form providing briah ... And we get what we asked for.
What goes on behind the scenes?

I do appreciate all answers and my mind is still thinking on it.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting. I know my altar setups are different if I am doing Golden Dawn stuff, or different if doing low candle magick.
Normally with ritualistic, you are after enhancement. So the magical outcome of one ritual be lets say 1. Do exactly the same thing ten times, the outcome is ten times stronger, so 10.
10.000 people do it ten times. Outcome is 100.000 x stronger than you doing it once.

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
There is no scene, creation is from Void, many others from Will or Ether, you see no ritual is needed if you know Truth, a ritual is the use of instruments, tools etc. Truth Absolute is behind it Just as The Ether is behind nature. Your terms diagrams lights senses words gestures are arts and crafts. Also on an other level what is behind it is devotional service useful service most rituals are for others the practioner playing priest.