• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Questions on your "feelings"

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Hi guys, I've been working on my journal and I need some examples from y'all about feelings. I've been documenting things I've been experiencing supernatural inside and out. I've been pondering the feelings you receive during supernatural events. So for example my newest feeling I've received while meditating is a sensation in my back. It feels like something slithering on each side beside my spine.

I want to know what kind of feelings you have had during supernatural events(ie meditations or rituals).

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
8/22/23

Last night. I had a feeling of flying, but I don't remember where I was.
So did you feel weightless too? And afterwards did you feel heavier?(almost like a hangover without the pain)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hi guys, I've been working on my journal and I need some examples from y'all about feelings. I've been documenting things I've been experiencing supernatural inside and out. I've been pondering the feelings you receive during supernatural events. So for example my newest feeling I've received while meditating is a sensation in my back. It feels like something slithering on each side beside my spine.

I want to know what kind of feelings you have had during supernatural events(ie meditations or rituals).
I get an energy jolt back of the eyes when contact is made. When my daimon gives me a nudge, I get a cold slightly painful sensation in the head's occipital bone (head's rear.)

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I get an energy jolt back of the eyes when contact is made. When my daimon gives me a nudge, I get a cold slightly painful sensation in the head's occipital bone (head's rear.)
So this happens when you contact supernatural beings (your daimon)?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Nothing with any pyrotechnics to date. If I pose questions to the daimon, I get answers. Often a bit oblique or the kind of thing one has to ponder.
As for other entities, I have sometimes made requests. The results have been mixed. At least one being seems helpful. One scornfully indifferent.The third, being an animal form of the non-cuddly variety, very hard to read emotionally. But she hears me out.

On the whole, the link to these seems rather tenuous. The helpful one does not manifest visually, but strikes me the most present. The daimon grows a bit more visual. The indifferent one seems present but, like the first, not visually so. The last has been the most visually manifest and slightly audible as well.

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The audible and visual manifestations are quite interesting for me, unfortunately I haven't had to many ques like that to experience them. I've always wondered what "they" sound like and look like(using they in the blanket term for all supernatural beings).

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The very little I claim to have heard is a bit raspy. Call it hoarse stage whisper. Given the creature whose form it assumes, this seems fitting. It's how one might imagine such creatures talking, could the earthly ones talk.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

As an Elementalist, feeling is practically the focal point of the entire system, it is the primary instrument of measurement and operation for most work.
As such, there's far too many feelings intrinsic to the practice that I can't describe in detail without becoming tedious.

Of course, there's the cliché effects of each Element's power during the act of accumulation, whether it be the burning hotness of the Fire, the weightlessness of the Air, the icy cold of the Water, and the paralyzing weight of the Earth.
And then there's the spontaneous emotional manifestations that occur alongside these, but I've already talked about those things so much already on this forum and I would like to talk about something else for once, so I'll settle with this brief summary and shine some light on other things I've experienced that aren't so cliche instead.

One of these experiences occurred with the so-called Vital Force(vril, chi, whatever you want to call it).
This was many years ago, during a time where I was quite invested into practice with the VF instead of the Elements.
One day I sat up in my bed against the wall to prepare for an accumulation of the VF, which was a daily routine for me, but this time it went quite wrong.

The first few inhalations of the VF were relatively normal, but as I approached the next ones between 5-10, each inhalation started to build this abnormally overwhelming feeling on my nervous system that is hard to describe.
As I neared the 10-12 inhalations, I was forced to slow down because I started to have trouble maintaining focus and my control was being increasingly paralyzed by this building resonation throughout my body.
At the 13th inhalation, my body completely locked up under the pressure of this accumulation and I was entirely paralyzed, but then I also noticed my consciousness was starting to slip away - I was fainting.
The second I realized I was slipping into unconsciousness, I desperately started to expel the accumulation as fast as I could. The paralysis faded away, and my consciousness started regaining its foothold.
It took me the rest of the day to fully recover from the lingering effects, however.

I still don't quite know why this happened the way it did, but nevertheless it was an "interesting" experience to say the least, if somewhat terrifying.
Perhaps I simply accumulated with greater efficiency that day than what I'm used to, resulting in an overload that my body couldn't handle, or perhaps I accidentally accumulated the VF too much into my spinal column, creating a disproportionate pressure on the central nervous system.

🤷‍♀️

Another thing I noticed while working with the VF around those times was that it hindered my ability to sleep.
If I did it before bed, I simply wouldn't be able to sleep for hours, and I also needed less sleep in general.

There are other notable feeling-based experiences I've had that I've considered sharing, but I'm uncertain if I want to share some of those more personal stories at the moment, and this is already more than a sufficient wall of text anyways, so I'll leave it as is for now.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've been pondering the feelings you receive during supernatural events.
Ok, after attempting to get rid of a parasite for about a week before determining to look up someone else who could do it, I submitted myself to the hospital with tremors and difficulty eating.

And I suppose the sensation on the back of head.

Amadan

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
The most profound physical feeling I ever had was during an invocation. It was a feeling like I was being crushed under an enormous weight, like the weight a mountain would have. My nervous system freaked out, it was like dying. Just this incomprehensible physical weight pushing in from all sides, like the pressure you'd feel at the bottom of the ocean. I don't know how long it lasted. I had a headache for a few days and didn't talk much for a week after.

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I meditate most every night. Recently its been harder :(
About 2 weeks ago, during an attempted AP I had my first sensation of rising, or lifting. Its odd and it's fucks with my heart problems but if I can get past that I feel like I am completely afloat. I'm now training myself to stay calm in that area and to not freak out or break attention. I didn't try to contact anything because I have memory-recall problems following an injury. However the first time I did this I had some powerful hallucinations/first travel.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I meditate most every night. Recently its been harder :(
About 2 weeks ago, during an attempted AP I had my first sensation of rising, or lifting. Its odd and it's fucks with my heart problems but if I can get past that I feel like I am completely afloat. I'm now training myself to stay calm in that area and to not freak out or break attention. I didn't try to contact anything because I have memory-recall problems following an injury. However the first time I did this I had some powerful hallucinations/first travel.
Hey Challis, sorry for your hard problem, and memory recall.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"On each side beside my spine" sounds a bit like the Ida and Pingala energy channels to me, not that I'm a kundalini yoga expert.

I'm a former armchair magician so the practical side of things is very new to me. After reading so much about Zen in the past, I just want to experience the Void when I meditate, nothing else, with my mind a blank slate - I'd be very annoyed if I had any visions or something while meditating; I'm a purist that way. Admittedly, I'm still at the stage in which I have to make subtle corrections to my posture, deal with intruding thoughts, itches etc. but for me at least, meditation is like trying to up a spanking new laboratory, with clean test tubes and unblemished surfaces. Any subsequent exercises or rituals are when I get to use that laboratory, mix up things in the test tubes and generally make a mess but those are other procedures entirely, and I want to keep those things apart. That's the theory, at least, I've heard from others that suddenly things bubble up when your mind become still.

When I do the LBRP afterwards, I can "feel" the elements and the presence of the archangels but then that's part of the prescribed visualisation. I don't place any value on such experiences because they're willed, i.e. not spontaneous.

Curious thing, emottons. On the one hand you can't trust them (ok, the reams of buddhist books that I've read may be to blame for my distrust), on the other feeling are all you have when it comes to the supernatural. I've ever had one experience connected to a ritual when I invoked the archangel Gabriel. During the ritual (GoM-style, so it was just some words and a sigil, very brief) nothing happened but a couple of hours later when I went to bed suddenly this feeling of love welled up in me. I'm rather cynical about that emotion so it was totally unexpected. This very incongruence for me was proof that really something out of the ordinary did happen. Was that really Gabriel or did some emotional shift in me occur as a byproduct of that short ritual? Impossible to say... Anyway, I'd be grateful if nothing at all happened during meditation and if something that's not in the usual playbook occurred during rituals (smells instead of visions, for example). Not that I'll have any say in this matter, I suspect.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

Have definitely felt the movement of energy as well as the feeling of concentrating and dispensing it, it is very subtle but if I have an absolutely still mind and put all my awareness just on sensory then it is very noticeable

in meditation, I have had a few experiences of something external coming into my black field of vision.

TheMouse

Neophyte
Reaction score
thank you for the juicy question . . . . .

much of my work is guided by these “feelings” . . . i often feel all sorts of energy shifts in my body, large and small, while im in meditation (whatever that means on any given day ~ im a hermit living in the woods, so i spend much of my time in a meditative state) . . . little twitches, strange involuntary distortions, tingles that move around, heaviness, lightness, etcetc . . . i take these seriously and work to map them in various ways . . . one way is by researching existing systems (chakras, chinese meridians, louise hay, german new medicine) to learn other people’s ideas about how the body talks to us . . . . .

my primary work is clearing personal, ancestral, communal trauma out of the physical and energetic body . . . so that tends to be my focus . . asking The Body (mine or someone im working with) what it has to say . . . and then callibrating and positioning myself so i can actually Hear the answer . . . . .

for example (this sort of thing happens daily) one day i was thinking about something and felt a tiny little sensation on the side of my face . . . i looked up face reflexology and saw that that spot on the face is connected to the kidney . . . from what ive learned about the kidneys from various meditations and sources, that, for me, points to some sort of abandonment / exile issue . . . so then ive got a data point on my map . . . something to sleuth . . useful questions to ask . . . what was i thinking about when i felt that small twitch on my face? . . how is that connected to Exile for me in this situation? . . . etc etc . . . . this leads to profound insights sometimes . . . or at the very least, a shiny new link in some greater magickal chain mail im constructing . . . . . . .

when working with deities or guides, i tend to receive a lot of information through similar types of body sensations and work with them accordingly . . . . listening and mapping . . . listening and mapping ~ ~ ~ }}~~~~}>

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
A common one is the feeling of fresh water on my face and the back of my neck (not in the "shock of cold water" way, in the nice way it feels to splash your face with cool water on a hot and humid day. Cleansing and refreshing)

When I say "feel", I'm talking about in the same way you see with your mind's eye. (Feeling with your mind's skin? Sounds horrible). But its spontaneous, not me trying to imagine it