• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

"Read this and all your hair will fall out"?

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
Less facetiously, does anyone use or have a good curse/hex/whatever-it-should-properly-be-called that they use for their Grimoires/Books of Shadows/etc? Doesn't necessarily have to be in spell form; a protective sigil, a particular spirit who guards such things, anything like that would be welcome. I haven't found one I like and have yet to write one of my own that I'm satisfied with, probably because I'm leaning for something that at least looks and sounds traditional (and better yet, might actually be). Anyone have any suggestions they'd be willing to share?

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone have any suggestions they'd be willing to share?
Not sure if this is at all traditional or not, but you could craft a kind of "magickal lock", which could be in a form of a sigil that seals the material from stranger eyes and is unlocked by a spell, that acts as a "magickal password". You could also create a Tulpa, for the sole purpose to act as the item's guardian. Just some thoughts.

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
I never even thought of a magickal lock, that's brilliant.

I was toying around with the idea of creating a Tulpa or servitor, which also (hopefully) has the advantage of being a little more discerning than a straight curse. As I have more than one book I'd want protected in such a manner, theoretically I could have it protect them all, I would think. I haven't done much with actually creating a servitor, and the few times I did, they turned out FAR more powerful than I expected, so I'm inclined to be cautious about making any more. At least, without some feedback and suggestions, beyond what I learned in books.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I have used energy manipulation before to make a sort of seal, in a way that let it be used through any surface. Lets you seal things like spirits inside objects, in a spot underground, etc. Here's the trick: imagine that the inner lining of the space you're sealing off will be "reflective" to whatever's inside, repelling it back towards the middle if it comes near. Then the outer layer should be made tough and airtight to whatever's outside.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
which also (hopefully) has the advantage of being a little more discerning than a straight curse
You need to "program" in every single condition and safeguard yourself. Don't just hope for something. Thought forms are known to get out of control if not given proper instructions, safeguards, purpose etc. So make damn sure you have all the tiny details laid out before starting. This goes for any kind of spellwork in general actually, so always plan carefully. Best of luck.

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
You need to "program" in every single condition and safeguard yourself. Don't just hope for something. Thought forms are known to get out of control if not given proper instructions, safeguards, purpose etc. So make damn sure you have all the tiny details laid out before starting. This goes for any kind of spellwork in general actually, so always plan carefully. Best of luck.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I would never, ever program anything on hope. What I meant was, ideally, I'd be able to create a Tulpa or servitor that is more discerning and I hope to find in research the methods and evidence that prove that possible. If I don't, I won't use that method. Though I do appreciate the warning.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It's very much possible, you just have to specify all of your custom rules and boundaries very clearly when creating the construct. :)