• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Reality

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but...

Just wondering what you guys think, do you recon we experience reality or project reality?

I know it is not as simples and yes or no, or this and that, but i was wondering what you all believe, think, or experienced.
Of course, we might not be the best people to ask. Some of us suffer from self-aggrandizing agendas, others echo whatever book we read last weak, and some of us are just plain nuts. Me, I tend to spread my shortcomings over the above by turns. So my answer to your question depends where in my cycle you catch me. So far as I know, reality sails on silent and unperturbed.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
others echo whatever book we read last weak
Change that to "week" and I resemble that remark. A good book has always been a refuge since childhood for me. The banality of a suburban childhood made me envy those boys in Golding's novel, for example, and Sam Gribley as he made his home in the hollow of a tree, among other impossible adventures. The challenge comes the moment the book gets put down and those generated realities of the mind find ways to make navigating our shared spaces more interesting for everyone.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe the typo was my Joycean way of hinting I had a lame week. Or maybe it was just a typo. Scholars of the Xeno corpus are still divided.

My dig at books was at a certain propensity, not as rare as one might wish. We used to have a running pool about a manageress I worked under. After the big monthly meeting the search would be on: what management best-seller had she read and adopted this month as the new wisdom? I suffer a similar failing if you cast me 'mongst a throng of grimoires. Intellectual promiscuity tends towards the unfulfilling.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
So while meditating I would go back into the scene and test for Reality.

I looked to see if the five electricities were present. If not it was a fake

Too hard?

What other Reality tests might there be?

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Reality
SUBTOPIC: I slid Off the Rails Along the Way
※→ et al,

Is there such a thing as a reliable test for "Reality?"

What kind of "Reality" are we exploring?

From what perspective are we addressing "Reality?"

Too hard?

What other Reality tests might there be?
(COMMENT)

I'm a bit confused as to what the true question is? "Reality" is a huge question and is best addressed in small chunks.

Most Respectfully,
R

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my view: The Source of All periodically manifests Existence. (The gaps between manifested Existences are called Mahapralaya)

What we call Reality is that which originates naturally from life force that motivates Existence.

That life force has various cultural namings. In the Hindu tradition it is differentiated into the Five Electricities.

This suggests that some humans are able to differentiate the various refinements of life force.

If so, those humans should be able to distinguish which events/phenomena do not arise naturally from the life force

Examples of non-Real events may be what is experienced under hypnotism and mental programming

I was driven to test for what is Real by various dreams that seemed fake

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Reality
SUBTOPIC: I slid Off the Rails Along the Way
※→ et al,

Is there such a thing as a reliable test for "Reality?"

What kind of "Reality" are we exploring?

From what perspective are we addressing "Reality?"

(COMMENT)

I'm a bit confused as to what the true question is? "Reality" is a huge question and is best addressed in small chunks.

Most Respectfully,
R
The guy who wrote "Fight Club" said words to the effect that reality was what could not be ignored even after you shut your eyes really tight. Works for me.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
for Roccor:
on the subject of reality:
i was once (well several times) helping friend. she came home, we had a nice chat and afterwards she asked why do we have so much lemonade at home? she didnt see the rest of my home only lemonade everywhere.

on an other occasion my neighbor kid of 4 years old was with his mum in the hallway while my front door was open (we live in an apartment building). jhe asked his mum why he couldnt go into my house cause it was soooo beautiful there.

i also have it happen that some women in my life look the same: dark haired, chubby and a lazy eye.

things can go even stranger with smells changing. from bread smelling like bread to something totally different. or hearing sounds others cant hear. or some can hear them and others dont. it makes one wonder what is real, whoms ears are right. and off course the ever irritating now you see me, now you dont. where objects are not seen until you get angry and suddenly they are there again.

i also have the annoying experience of suddenly liking things or people i normally do not like. its real and i dont react on it, but why should i suddenly have to judge every boob and ass while im in the pool swimming.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
for Roccor:
on the subject of reality:
i was once (well several times) helping friend. she came home, we had a nice chat and afterwards she asked why do we have so much lemonade at home? she didnt see the rest of my home only lemonade everywhere.

on an other occasion my neighbor kid of 4 years old was with his mum in the hallway while my front door was open (we live in an apartment building). jhe asked his mum why he couldnt go into my house cause it was soooo beautiful there.

i also have it happen that some women in my life look the same: dark haired, chubby and a lazy eye.

things can go even stranger with smells changing. from bread smelling like bread to something totally different. or hearing sounds others cant hear. or some can hear them and others dont. it makes one wonder what is real, whoms ears are right. and off course the ever irritating now you see me, now you dont. where objects are not seen until you get angry and suddenly they are there again.

i also have the annoying experience of suddenly liking things or people i normally do not like. its real and i dont react on it, but why should i suddenly have to judge every boob and ass while im in the pool swimming.

You detail a number of experiences there. But these seem to heighten Roccor's queries above. What's real and how to test (if at all)?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
by comparing notes one can find 'crossroads' where my truth and roccors reality are one but create different experiences in both our lives. when an other looks at that point of combined reality a new version gets born and our reality grows. its like finding a needle in a haystack and saying hi long time my friend ill put you with my other needles they have missed you.

its a wyrd way of interconnecting souls creating a group experience of new found something. this something creates on my side of the fence a healing flow and the opening of my dragons eye. i also put the intent in for discussion of what is reality so we all can check and, well i like it when i can ask he xeno was that you last night in my dreams acting stupid with my chick?

often not the point of a good discussion, but a starter of multidimensional truth it is.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
by comparing notes one can find 'crossroads' where my truth and roccors reality are one but create different experiences in both our lives. when an other looks at that point of combined reality a new version gets born and our reality grows. its like finding a needle in a haystack and saying hi long time my friend ill put you with my other needles they have missed you.

its a wyrd way of interconnecting souls creating a group experience of new found something. this something creates on my side of the fence a healing flow and the opening of my dragons eye. i also put the intent in for discussion of what is reality so we all can check and, well i like it when i can ask he xeno was that you last night in my dreams acting stupid with my chick?

often not the point of a good discussion, but a starter of multidimensional truth it is.
Guilty as charged. Acting stupid around the wrong chick has been my M.O. throughout this life.

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Weirdly I had a dream a couple days ago and saw the people in xeno and lous profiles at least who reminded me of them mentally. We were by a stage or something with a lot of chairs towards it in a room and i was just wandering on my own... I don’t know what things were leading any individuals at the time. Also then after that dream two days ago I was a wizard flying with my smooth dark brown walking stick with the common nub on top.

sometimes I wonder what the condition of our reality is often. whenever I see miracles I question who else is doing them and I’ve wondered what past lives of the same life but a different parting or start might be influencing me like. No matter what we can really have a play anyways after analysis of consciousness though unless successful childhood is the key to change and constant elder summoning years. Anything is possible anyone who wants gets there. Let’s meditate and strengthen our aura energies etc like ashtakanma siddhi which Nithyananda explains well. I know that my interest at this beginning stage is developing superpowers to have at immediate choice and by decisive happenings/intervals though likewise for manifestations that can really be done now but are maybe not as orderly or chaotic as I might be interested in if I will. i remember seeing the future a few times if it wasnt a mistake.
Post automatically merged:

Weirdly I had a dream a couple days ago and saw the people in xeno and lous profiles at least who reminded me of them mentally. We were by a stage or something with a lot of chairs towards it in a room and i was just wandering on my own... I don’t know what things were leading any individuals at the time. Also then after that dream two days ago I was a wizard flying with my smooth dark brown walking stick with the common nub on top.

sometimes I wonder what the condition of our reality is often. whenever I see miracles I question who else is doing them and I’ve wondered what past lives of the same life but a different parting or start might be influencing me like. No matter what we can really have a play anyways after analysis of consciousness though unless successful childhood is the key to change and constant elder summoning years. Anything is possible anyone who wants gets there. Let’s meditate and strengthen our aura energies etc like ashtakanma siddhi which Nithyananda explains well. I know that my interest at this beginning stage is developing superpowers to have at immediate choice and by decisive happenings/intervals though likewise for manifestations that can really be done now but are maybe not as orderly or chaotic as I might be interested in if I will. i remember seeing the future a few times if it wasnt a mistake.
unless one does those things when young then things get challenging and really like impossible to achieve super body but they can still achieve by chance*

Last edited:

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
unless one does those things when young then things get challenging and really like impossible to achieve super body

It may be that the wize-ard does not consider the physical body to be the most important.

Nor the emotional body, nor the mental body.

The higher initiate discards all subplane matter from the lower bodies so that they are direct manifestations of life force.

This permits immortality

Reaction score
Awards
@Roma @RoccoR et all,

I find reality to be disturbing based on the five senses alone.
Example 1. A sudden smell of roses with nobody within sight (excludes perfumes), especially with no wind drift. We cannot normally hear roses. Sight shows me no roses, therefore I cannot test by smashing and eating rose petals or rose hips.
Example 2. I am at work at a Jimmy John's, and faced a busy corner where students with hyperspeed faces, resembling no faces, waiting for the walk signal to cross. This was after dabbling in qlippothic evocations. The area I lived in once family oriented, kind and chill people became a drug infested wild west overnight also around the time of the goblin faces. Why would I want to test this, unless I were to test it's opposite (ToL, Shem Angels)?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It may be that the wize-ard does not consider the physical body to be the most important.

Nor the emotional body, nor the mental body.

The higher initiate discards all subplane matter from the lower bodies so that they are direct manifestations of life force.

This permits immortality
Uh...Yoda, Yoda? JMP+D never suggested that wizards consider the physical body most important. He said that becoming a mage was akin---you know, like, similar --- to body-building: the sooner one starts the better. If you're going to strike an oracular note, first make sure you're in key to what the other guy said.
Post automatically merged:

@Roma @RoccoR et all,

I find reality to be disturbing based on the five senses alone.
Example 1. A sudden smell of roses with nobody within sight (excludes perfumes), especially with no wind drift. We cannot normally hear roses. Sight shows me no roses, therefore I cannot test by smashing and eating rose petals or rose hips.
Example 2. I am at work at a Jimmy John's, and faced a busy corner where students with hyperspeed faces, resembling no faces, waiting for the walk signal to cross. This was after dabbling in qlippothic evocations. The area I lived in once family oriented, kind and chill people became a drug infested wild west overnight also around the time of the goblin faces. Why would I want to test this, unless I were to test it's opposite (ToL, Shem Angels)?
I know what you mean. I was surfing news earlier and ran across a full-length shot of Lizzo. Disturbing, it was.

Last edited:

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Let’s just always do safe magic 🪄. Then when our powers increase we can continue as masters greater than before.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Let’s just always do safe magic 🪄. Then when our powers increase we can continue as masters greater than before.
Every fight I ever lost, I thought I was a cinch to win. I mean wasn't there one of Frater Achad's top pupils who was also a professional research chemist? At work one day on a routine experiment, he dropped a big container of fulminate of mercury and that was the end. (For the nonce anyway.) Same thing with magick. You get into anything serious and it's inherently unsafe. One can be schooled to exercise precautions, but stuff can happen.

I should remember the chemist's name. Kenneth Grant mentions the fulminate of mercury explosion at least twice in every book of his Typhonian Trilogies.