• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Recent Occult Book Purchases

Talk about a book(s)

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
What are some occult books you guys have recently acquired? I recently obtained copies of Hermetica: The Dialogues of Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus (Ouroboros Press), The Altar of Qayin (Primal Craft Publishings), The Book of Flesh & Feather (Theion Publishing) and Sacerdotium Umbrae Mortis (Aeon Sophia Press).

Grundy

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I have a few eBooks but I honestly haven't worked my way through most of them. Some of them are new agey tho like Azenath Mason books.

I'm actually reading and rereading Nightside of Eden by Grant and Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic by Karlsson.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have a few eBooks but I honestly haven't worked my way through most of them. Some of them are new agey tho like Azenath Mason books.

I'm actually reading and rereading Nightside of Eden by Grant and Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic by Karlsson.
QQG by Thomas Karlsson is a gem. I actually should compare the revised Qlipothic info in Sacerdotium Umbrae Mortis with the info in Karlsson's work. I also believe Karlsson runs an occult group based on his QQG, you can find more info on his site. Also, if you're interested in getting more excellent occult books in PDF form, PM me. I have a link to a website with an immense amount of free pdf books of both popular and obscure occult texts.

Grundy

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
QQG by Thomas Karlsson is a gem. I actually should compare the revised Qlipothic info in Sacerdotium Umbrae Mortis with the info in Karlsson's work. I also believe Karlsson runs an occult group based on his QQG, you can find more info on his site. Also, if you're interested in getting more excellent occult books in PDF form, PM me. I have a link to a website with an immense amount of free pdf books of both popular and obscure occult texts.
He does i think called Dragon Rouge. I inquired before about membership but was too intimated when they replied lol. Yes I would definitely be interested in any online resources that is available :). There are no occult bookstores in my country that are worth their salt so I usually have no other recourse but to procure them either online!

seisatsu

Neophyte
Reaction score
I recently grabbed:
  • Liber Novus (The Red Book)
  • Iamblichus on the Mysteries of the Egyptians, Chaldeans, and Assyrians
  • Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual
  • Hekate Liminal Rites: A Study of the rituals, magic and symbols of the torch-bearing Triple Goddess of the Crossroads
I'm partway through the first three and one of my roommates is borrowing the fourth. The Red Book is a trip.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I personally suck ass at finishing all the books I buy, occult or otherwise, in a timely fashion. Which is something I kinda feel bad about. XD

But assuming we're strictly talking about hard copies, I've got IIH by Bardon, The Exorcist's Handbook by Josephine McCarthy, Jeanne Rose's Herbs n' Things (that one's technically not an actual occult book, but might as well be), and Bonewits's book on Druidry. Those are the main ones I cycle through, at least.

Callie

Neophyte
Reaction score
I have recently "acquired" pdfs of most of Kenneth Grant's books, and I'm looking forward to really getting into them. Squelchy tentacle occultism sounds awesome.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I recently bought and have been reading The Secret History of The World by Mark Booth. I like it a lot but I don’t have any previous knowledge on the subject. I’m definitely looking to expand to actual esoteric and occult texts though.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I recently bought and have been reading The Secret History of The World by Mark Booth. I like it a lot but I don’t have any previous knowledge on the subject. I’m definitely looking to expand to actual esoteric and occult texts though.
Really good one's to start off with are "Sorcerer's Secrets" and "Protection & Reversal Magick" by Jason Miller :)

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have recently "acquired" pdfs of most of Kenneth Grant's books, and I'm looking forward to really getting into them. Squelchy tentacle occultism sounds awesome.
Kenneth Grant can take you places if his flavor of occultism is your thing, which is mainly ceremonial magic and thelema.

Oraculus

Visitor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello God king, is it possible that you assist me with these books, (hoodoo Bible magic, the pentacles of Solomon by S Aldarnay, & Master book of psalms by Jean Kent)
Thanks in advance for the assistant

vetriol

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I actually read Jaret Tempest last book about The angels of Omnipotence (2021). I really recommend this book.

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I am reading right now a book which, IMO is underestimated by many. It is a gem:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
by Manly P Hall.

I would recommend
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
's books as well. There are always interesting.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I recently purchased several books but the one I'm really working through is The Secret History of Hermes Trismegistus

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
What are some occult books you guys have recently acquired? I recently obtained copies of Hermetica: The Dialogues of Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus (Ouroboros Press), The Altar of Qayin (Primal Craft Publishings), The Book of Flesh & Feather (Theion Publishing) and Sacerdotium Umbrae Mortis (Aeon Sophia Press).
I bought the Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot, Hoodoo Herbal, The Golden Dawn 7th Ed, Druid Power, Wild Magic, and Magic of the Celtic Otherworld.
Christmas presents included Israel Regardies and the Philosophers Stone, Candle Burning Magic, and The Mystical Qabalah.
I had a kickass LHP and RHP library going, burned the LHP books in a religion frenzy and someone kidnapped my RHP books saving them from the fire.
But, that library was bought when I made great money and had a temporary abode for them.
Now to do it all over again requires a job and home first and foremost, not this repetitive decade long crap of mine.