• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Recent occult goods haul!

Talk about a book(s)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to treat myself, so I thought I'd get a few of the new "Library of Esoterica" art books from Taschen. I also got 2 tarot decks to go with one of the books as well as my recent purchase of McCarthy's new tarot book.

These are actually my first ever tarot and physical occult books.

Why are my first occult books art books, you may ask. Well, it's mainly because of where I live. I wanted to test the waters, see how customs/import would take the whole occult thing. Plus where I live right now, I'm trying to not draw too much attention or be questioned on my connections to occult related things. Art books give me plausible deniability, as I am somewhat of am amateur artist, I have many art books, and I can always say I got them as inspiration for my art work 😂

These are amazing, btw, I love how they come with informational text, short stories, poetry, and of course, tons of beautiful, high quality, curated artwork. Not strictly a "learning" book, but if you have some cash to splash, and are looking for something pretty to feast your eyes upon, I can highly recommend these!

Links:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
(Purchased)
(Purchased)
(Interested)
(Purchased)
(Purchased)
(Mentioned Above)

6fyVuxAh.jpg

6AUREgoh.jpg

LlaxQxYh.jpg

pgbKYL0h.jpg

BL6t0LJh.jpg

Review:
So far, only read the first 20 or so pages of the Tarot book, haven't opened the tarot packs or the Astrology book... but god damn, I'm definitely satisfied with my purchase. Beautiful, high quality art. Great descriptions and little snippets of information. Some good and rare illustrations with proper attribution, and a few chunks of history sprinkled throughout.

Love it.