• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Reconstruction of the Sol square

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
I have reached a dead end while trying to reconstruct the Magick square for Sun (Sol). And help would be greatly appreciated. I have reached a place where I know how to construct the traditional square, but I do not know why it was made this way.

You can find my notes here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have reached a dead end while trying to reconstruct the Magick square for Sun (Sol). And help would be greatly appreciated. I have reached a place where I know how to construct the traditional square, but I do not know why it was made this way.

You can find my notes here:
In Donald Tyson's version of Agrippa's Three Books he added a chapter on the two types of squares (even and uneven numbers).
Maybe that's what you're looking for?

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
So is it detrimental to use the traditional square? Im loooking over your notes and have not reached a point yet with the full completed table.
I want to do a solar ritual tonight before a new schedule for me starts (Daily Formulas, Candle Rituals with Shems called, Day One of Let There be Light, Day One of Week One of 7 Occult Money Rituals, Monday Lunar workings).
Tuesday the game changes a bit, so on through to the next Monday, then its Day One of Week Two of 7 Occult Money Rituals and so on.
Post automatically merged:

I can use the final table; I kind of get the gist and see the symmetry and "ownership/territory" of the different values on X-Y axis.

Last edited:

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
Technically any magic square that is 6x6 should do the trick. I did mention a different version in the Astro Magick Essentials. But of course, the traditional square is more heavily used and will have a stronger charge for whatever you will be doing.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
So what separates the reconstructed Sol square apart from the traditional 666 (Sorath - Nakhiel) square again?

Is there a notable difference in using one over the other? I have yellow construction paper, cinnamon oil, frankincense and gold candles to do a Sol working for dignities. So not sure which one to use, willing to use the reconstructed table to place under the candle.

Also, does the seal need to be drawn over the table to add power to the working?

Going to use the reconstructed square first.

Last edited: