• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Review my Ritual

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hi Everyone

I have designed a simple little ritual to enhance self discipline (I'm not progressing in various projects and have fallen prey to some negative distractions) and I would like more experienced heads to run their eyes over it to see if this is something that could work or complete nonsense.

I'm not very good with the idea of complex rituals or herbalism/alchemy and I don't really want obvious ceremonial tools such as an athame, cauldron or pentagram on display, but I've come onto a novel idea.

I collect fidget spinners and some of them have complex and arcane designs that would lend themselves well to ritual also the act of watching them spin is hypnotic and raises (I think) kinetic energies . So I have selected this one for my self discipline ritual due to the colours silver and blue (purity and mental clarity - also these colours have a connection to Hermes) and the inner square (stability) and four sword points (directed will).

s-l1600.jpg

My ritual is to point the spinner in the four cardinal directions and, then to draw a square in mid-air and, finally point the spinner in the directions in reverse while reciting the incantation below.

I have designed this with a clear image that I can visualise whist working the spell - The wall lined road and I have also reinforced the numerological significance of the four - four verses, four lines.

Honour quarters, close the Square
East, South, West, North
Earth, Fire, Water, Air
Ancient powers I draw forth.

I Walk the solid silver highway
Bordered walls of Blue
I step the line, it's single way
Forward, straight and true.

No obstacle, without, within
Shall break my iron will.
Every quest that I begin
With strength, stoicism, Skill.

Ancients honoured, spirits praised.
Square opened, I return.
With the power I have raised
To carry under moon and sun.

Is this a good ritual or nonsense? Any feedback welcome.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
As far as a ritual to enhance self-discipline, I don't see anything inherently wrong with it.

You should try it and report back with results!

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Sounds solid! One thing I wonder about is the elemental and direction correspondences, though I know there are different ones people go by. I'm used to East being Air, South as Fire, West as Water and North as Earth.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Well good news/bad news! I had a s×itload of software issues today in work (I'm a software developer) and I was able to breeze through most BUT gonna have to work tonight.

I really wanted to move my book on but...I asked for discipline and productivity and well, that's just what I'm getting!

Next time I'll be more specific lol

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Well good news/bad news! I had a s×itload of software issues today in work (I'm a software developer) and I was able to breeze through most BUT gonna have to work tonight.

I really wanted to move my book on but...I asked for discipline and productivity and well, that's just what I'm getting!

Next time I'll be more specific lol
Heh, I'm a software developer too!

Glad it worked, and yes, next time you can be more specific!

Merlinscloak

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards

Irish Bard:​

"Is this a good ritual or nonsense? Any feedback welcome."
So being one of many cooks in the kitchen I can clearly say I only trust what works for me. If this ritual works for you then all to the good. That said when I make suggestions to other mages I first suggest: no matter what method used, to start with the working/ritual only actuates if you have gathered the necessary energy. One type of energy that I work with feels like a gartering of force that inflates about my physical person until I release the energy (verbally, written, focusing on a sigil, mudra-'hand gesture') to produce the desired outcome.:)

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Irish Bard, that is a wonderful ritual, and the thing is, that I am not an expert on Magick. But, that idea came from The Universe. It was meant for you. That's great! Many blessings!