• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Rites of Doing, Undoing, Dreaming, Purification, etc.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, it's not realy a book discussion - I just feel that it might proove inspirational for you guys.

Anyway, I just posted "Sanctus Quattuordecim" by M. Delaney in Book Shares. It's a demonolatory grimoire (family tradition, not Goetic) that goes way over my noob's head but what I like about it are the incantations starting on page 44, for example:

"THE RITE OF DOING

Use this statement of intent to gather motivation, or to get a project, situation, or creative juices moving.

l AM
I AM DOING
AS I DO
MY WILL IS DONE
ALL THINGS MOVE FORWARD
I MOVE FORWARD
ALL THINGS KEEP MOVING
l AM"

I've now added this rite to my daily LBRPs as a sort of "declaration of magickal independence" or a spiritual statement of intent (there is also a Rite of Undoing, btw); I've also added "I am that I am; I will be what I will be" after the first and before the last "I am" (lots of "I"s in this post, haha). It could be also used as a sort of intensifier for a spell, or as a ritual closing instead of just saying "So mote it be!", "It is done", etc.

Sally_Walker

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
The Bornless Ritual is great! Put it on your headset and listen to it everyday.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if I'm ready for the Bornless Ritual yet. Jason Miller recommends it as a daily practice for beginners but the "barbarous words" frankly give me the creeps.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Rites of Doing, Undoing, Dreaming, Purification, etc.
SUBTOPIC: Upcoming Mabon - Autumn Equinox • Second Harvest Festival
et al,

This is about a ritual in which I participated.

This is just a reminder, that the Autumn Equinox (
Northern Hemisphere) is coming up; when the days and nights are nearly equal in length. The Craft calls it "Mabon" 2023.

I am sort of an honorary member of the Coven of the Blue Grass. It is formed under "Polaris" (
The North Star). It was a chance for the Coven to come together and see one another. It was, for all intents and purposes, a BBQ. The Coven is about 23 members in size and 16 were able to come. It was held in a picnic area of a Metropolitan Park.

I was assigned to bring some Italian Sausage, Duck Tap, the small folding table, the Altar Cloth, the 9 small ceramic floor tiles, and a small medal
Witches Cauldron. Oh, and the military compass.

The gathering started with a meet and greet, and then the Opening Cleansing Invocation - and then we opened up for the food. The Coven is made up of mostly Witches. There were only 5 Warlocks.

During the dining, there was a small table with little pieces of "flash paper" in it. A box of Medical Lances (like home diabetic kits have). Everyone put one small drop of blood on the end of the card and signed their initials using a wooden inking pen.

When it is time, the High Priestess will call everyone together. They form a circle around the altar (can make a good altar if I do say so myself). The Coven has a Crone who steps up to the and Opens the Preseedings with the Pleeding to the "LORD AND POWER OF THE UNIVERSE," (the Alpha and Omega). And then steps back.

The Coven has four Witches called "Mistresses of the Coven" - Thane of the Pathway. One at a time, they approach the Altar (as set by the compass):

• In the North: North, Pentacles. For the Power in the North and places the Ace of Pentacles​
Thankful for the "Earth," and puts a small pinch of dirt from consecrated ground in the Cauldron.​
We praise "Auriel" in the hope that the "Angel of Wisdom" will send the energy of the Universe, sharing its enlightenment with the Coven.​
• In the South: Thankful for the gift of Fire, and places a very small candle on the South side of the Cauldron. We Praise the Angel "Michael," Prince of the Heavens.​
• In the East: Thankful for the gift of Air, and places A small piece of Bubble Warp East Side of the cauldron.​
We praise "Raphael," the
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
.​
• In the West: Thankful for the gift of Water, and places a thimble of Water on the West Side of the cauldron.​
We praise "Gabriel," the Angel of Compassion.​

Then each member approaches the altar and puts their blood paper in the Cauldron. Once all the names are in the Crone puts a teaspoon of "potassium permanganate" carefully to make a nice little pile, and then with an eyedropper and adds one drop of "glycerine" in the center of the pile. Nothing happens immediately. The Universe is deciding whether or not to accept the offerings. But then (it took about ten seconds) a bright red flame will shoot up and consume the

Most Respectfully,
R