• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

"Roots in my hands, Agrippa on my shelf β€” hello there, how are ya?"

LionheartG

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 16, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
10
πŸ‘‹ Figured it was past time I made an intro thread. I've been lurking since 2024.

I've been practicing since 2006. I am part of the cunning folk. Hoodoo is my root and my home base, so candle work, rootwork, the whole practical folk end of things. But I've also gone deep into the ceremonial side: Angelology, Necromancy, Kabbalistic and planetary magic, and Solomonic work through the Keys and the Pentacles. Agrippa's Three Books is basically my second Bible at this point. I'm also a bit of a Renaissance grimoire enthusiast: I actually read the source texts, cross-reference the scales, the whole nerd routine. I speak four languages. My English is pretty good, my grammar is awful because of ADHD, I also speak Kreyol, French and my Spanish is decent.

While I have been classically trained in several traditional schools of occult thought & systems, in truth I'm not a traditionalist by temperament.
My heart is more in being a mad scientist of witchcraft and the arcane arts, honestly hybridizing sources and systems, testing what happens when you run them together, blowing myself up if necessary, and then documenting and refining until I get better results. Some of it works beautifully. Some of it teaches me what not to do. Both are useful.

HTIHueaWUAA29nM

And at the center of all of it is my libraries, both physical and digitized which is probably one of my deepest passions, outside of my garden. It's not just a collection; it's my laboratory and my archive. What grounds all of that is my love of history. I'm huge on it, and I think it matters enormously in magic, not as nostalgia, but as a reference piece.
That's led me to a deep love of cunning folk across a range of cultures, all over the world, the village warlocks n witches, root doctors, wise people, shamans, the practical sorcerers of every tradition.
Studying magic all over the world, how it's been done and why, is my passion and honestly my life's work.

I've enjoyed my adventures throughout this wonderful world of metaphysics, occult and the arcane and will continue to have many, many more.
Anyway .. glad to be here. Come say hi, if you'd like. 😊
 
Top