• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Safety measures in doing magical system rituals

Reaction score
Awards
If not otherwise specified, what would you recommend when doing magic system rituals that differ from your path?

Example: Im RHP-MHP. I dont mind stretching the rules a bit to get things done. However, systems such as EA Koettings OAA makes me nervous, in how the student is taught to construct and use inside the sorcerers seal, where you do your eviction of the Baron and other guests, along the road.
Solomonic, same thing, if I dont have all the proper equipment or misstep one rule, then it could spell trouble. Some demons hate the Solomonic method.
Demonolatry - with no protection - the most dangerous route that I traversed a couple times. Absolutely no protection. And I got their attention.

So .. besides the LBRP, ideas? Thoughts?

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Probably not what you want to hear (or maybe it is) but my advice would be honestly, if you feel a certain way about a thing, simply don’t do that thing.
I’m not talking about avoiding a moment to be brave or courageous as part of your growth and development. I’m talking about things you genuinely have an opposition toward. Maybe the timing is wrong or it’s just not for you.

frsfmcs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I don't take EA seriously, he's too edgy for my taste, but that is my personal opinion anyway.
I did the no protection demon evocation a couple of times. I only once had a box flip during the procedure. Which made me look around expecting to see something, but there was nothing to see. A couple of day's later I retried summon the demon, but nothing happened. After multiple retries still nothing. Then I changed the demon, and still nothing happened during the ritual, but started to have annoying Astral attacks (sleeping paralysis and visitation combined with inception like lucid dreams). Then I had to figure that out. Good times tbh.

Anyway, your best protection would be the completed HGH operation or having different guardian deities and spirits or constructs. Lbrp doesn't really protect you against sentient beings. Didn't protect me, my friend or Jason Augustus Newcomb. The rose cross ritual allegedly does that. There are other breastplates and shielding techniques as well. Plus material protection like salt, redbrick dust, etc.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I must say I wouldn't like to have a demon inside my body even if they are my friends, which they are, but seems pretty like a last darwinistic action of a magickian :laugh:

frsfmcs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
All good and fun until your hand starts moving without your concent. At least for me, that's the "enough is enough" point. Funny enough, I just recently found out that that's one of preliminary signs for demonic possession that exorcists look for😂. I've read some material about how to stop things like that from happening using the elements on John Michael Greer's blog. It's in the hermetic rose materials.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
All good and fun until your hand starts moving without your concent. At least for me, that's the "enough is enough" point. Funny enough, I just recently found out that that's one of preliminary signs for demonic possession that exorcists look for😂. I've read some material about how to stop things like that from happening using the elements on John Michael Greer's blog. It's in the hermetic rose materials.
Well demons can be fun until you run into problems with them, then they are hard to get away from ruining your reincarnation(s). I once pissed off a demon from the old times and it took a long time to get it pleased. Just a friendly warning. And by my current research into demons it seems like they are the workers of the Universe and the evil side of creatures inside the entire universe. Which they seem to get paid for. So I wouldn't mess around with them :)

Reaction score
Awards
Other examples might include:
Near drowning for NDE during Baptism by Water
Walking on Coals or through Fire
Kali or other dark God/desses rituals

I guess the answer is obvious and has been relayed by a few - If it feels good do it, otherwise drop that hot potato.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Other examples might include:
Near drowning for NDE during Baptism by Water
Walking on Coals or through Fire
Kali or other dark God/desses rituals

I guess the answer is obvious and has been relayed by a few - If it feels good do it, otherwise drop that hot potato.
Well I know best the demon Ba'Al'. He is my treacherous friend that at times even does me harm. But he has been my friend for a long time. Last time he told me in a commanding voice after I wrote about the demons to go lie on the carpet and I instinctively did so, then he protected me. As said they are fun until you do something stupid while being incarnated and get them pissed off.