• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Salutations Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings,

I stumbled upon this space and my interest was piqued. I read some of the public comments and such, I found the topics and insights to be rather mature.

I can see there are some deep thinkers. I decided to make a profile and join in some of the exchanges of ideas.

I’m well read, low skilled, and emerging from a period of introspection and shadow work. Where I live there aren’t a lot of people and I’ve evolved into somewhat of a Hermite.

The opportunity to converse with others who walk a similar path is a rarity here. So in my daily routine, there is nobody to interact with who would even know what I’m talking about, let alone accept it as normalcy.

Social media isn’t my thing. I don’t use Facebook or Twitter and never will. I tried Reddit but recently decided to close that. In short, I came here looking for further understanding through heathy discussion.

I’ve been using magick for about 40 years, and beginning to understand it for about 20. Seems though, the closer to understanding one gets, the more questions arise.

The title of Wizard has always been my favourite of all the magickal labels. I don’t really like labels, but Wizard is my favourite because the way I understand it, it defines one who is a lifelong student of magick and science. One who seeks not only to know what works, but how it works and why.

So part of being a Hermite is a lack of communication with people. I’m often very blunt with my words. So I’ll say up front- my intentions with everyone I talk to is always going to come from a place of meaning well. If I ever seem otherwise, call me on it and I’ll try to reframe my words better.

The world is just bizarre right now and it’s become difficult for healthy discourse to occur almost everywhere. I joined here because it looked like a whole different world from the social media I’d used over the last couple years.

So I have no idea what else to say- ask me anything I suppose. And thanks for having me here. Look forward to making some connections and learning with everyone

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, and a lot of experience. Hope you enjoy your time on here.

I personally don't use social media much either. Mostly just Reddit for the humor, Discord and this site for me. I've never had a Facebook or Twitter, and despite my family thinking I'm super weird for it, I don't know if I really want to start at this point.

Reaction score
Awards
Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, and a lot of experience. Hope you enjoy your time on here.

I personally don't use social media much either. Mostly just Reddit for the humor, Discord and this site for me. I've never had a Facebook or Twitter, and despite my family thinking I'm super weird for it, I don't know if I really want to start at this point.
There may come a day when I don’t feel like online spaces in general are repressive. I’m a data and fact driven person so when I watch narratives overtake actual scientific data, it was time for me to opt out.

Sadly it seems that the earth is undergoing a real life version of The Emperors New Clothes. I don’t know how to fix it or if it even can be at this point.

And so, here I am lost in sought, of those who prefer the simpler ways, where we make our own narratives based on our personal truth, and come to understand what is, process what’s hidden (occult reference lol), and generally just sow the kind of discord that seems lost to society.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
There may come a day when I don’t feel like online spaces in general are repressive. I’m a data and fact driven person so when I watch narratives overtake actual scientific data, it was time for me to opt out.

Sadly it seems that the earth is undergoing a real life version of The Emperors New Clothes. I don’t know how to fix it or if it even can be at this point.

And so, here I am lost in sought, of those who prefer the simpler ways, where we make our own narratives based on our personal truth, and come to understand what is, process what’s hidden (occult reference lol), and generally just sow the kind of discord that seems lost to society.
I honestly really feel ya there. As things slowly come to a rolling boil with time, I feel myself simply wanting to step back and prepare more for whatever happens. I really think there's gonna be a point sooner or later, where everybody making checks their ass can't cash will start to take its toll for good. Just hope I can batten down the hatches some in my personal life, for when that time comes.

Reaction score
Awards
I honestly really feel ya there. As things slowly come to a rolling boil with time, I feel myself simply wanting to step back and prepare more for whatever happens. I really think there's gonna be a point sooner or later, where everybody making checks their ass can't cash will start to take its toll for good. Just hope I can batten down the hatches some in my personal life, for when that time comes.
Credit is destroying the planet. People’s lifestyle now is at the cost of our children’s children and the multitude of species were responsible for the extinction of. I believe right now we may well be experiencing the end of this period of time. Our way of life might look very very different in a year, 2 years… Pay attention to March 3 2022 and mid April. Some powerful planetary conjunctions that essentially act like pulling the curtain out and exposing the Wizard of Oz kinda thing- what society does with the truth in full view? Yet to be seen. But the truth will be very clear to all.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Pay attention to March 3 2022 and mid April. Some powerful planetary conjunctions that essentially act like pulling the curtain out and exposing the Wizard of Oz kinda thing- what society does with the truth in full view? Yet to be seen. But the truth will be very clear to all.
FUCK me, thanks for the heads-up. Now I'm gonna just obsess on what's gonna happen for a good several months. But who knows, maybe it'll end up being more subtle like the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction seems to have been.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Credit is destroying the planet. People’s lifestyle now is at the cost of our children’s children and the multitude of species were responsible for the extinction of. I believe right now we may well be experiencing the end of this period of time.
I 100% agree. As a horticulturist-in-training, it really is depressing to think of the kind of wreckage I'll be having to deal with in order to make anything grow eventually. Hell, already having to deal with, because here in the South you've got some very noticeably sharp upticks in how many floods happen per year. Among other things.

Here's another interesting bit of food for thought, since we're on the subject. One of these days I'll probably start a thread about it, but there was this old Native American couple I met once (Wife was Hopi and I'm forgetting which tribe the husband was, but a different one) who rambled on about a certain prophecy they have. It's a specific list of things that would happen as a signaling that the newest big-picture cycle in history was about to begin, and the old one was going to end. Almost an "end times" prophecy of sorts, but with the human race probably still being around. And they believed a lot of the things on that list had already come to pass. For example, of the spider spinning its web around the world, which they believed had manifested as the World Wide Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.