• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Secret Angel Magick by Adam Blackthorne

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Finally here!!!:D I placed my order for this baby as soon as GalleryOfMagick sent me an email about the publishing of this book. Amazon took a few days to deliver, but it finally just arrived at my door like 30 minutes ago. Now i get to sit and enjoy one of my favorite authors. Book is massive! I love the feel of it. :giggle:

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I just started reading through the introductory sections and it’s maybe the most interesting subjects I’ve seen tackled by the GOM group.

For those curious and going in blind like me it’s basically a working grimoire for use with the ‘Angels of Omnipotence’ from the 6th and 7th Books of Moses as well as the 84 Genii (Genius Spirits) of the 12 Hours from the Nuctemeron of Apollonius of Tyana and also found in Transcendental Magic by Levi and NAP and various other places.

Even more interestingly it seems like there are also rituals to use them in tandem.

Looking forward to reading more of it in the coming weeks.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
It's great to see people are still willing to buy and pay for books.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The will is ever eternal, but the money is lacking.

Nothing will ever beat holding a book in your hands.It's smell, weight, texture, it all works in tandem to give you an unique experience when reading.

Reaction score
I noticed in the kindle preview that it says pirated books are laced with theft magick. Was wondering if anyone who use the pirated GOM books have had any problems? I am honeslty not willing to take a risk.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I noticed in the kindle preview that it says pirated books are laced with theft magick. Was wondering if anyone who use the pirated GOM books have had any problems? I am honeslty not willing to take a risk.
It's a very interesting question when you think about it.
If the "theft magic" doesn't work, then why would any of the other magic in the book work?

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
If the "theft magic" doesn't work, then why would any of the other magic in the book work?
Was this supposed to stop theft in general or simply "stop the magic contained inside" from working?

Reaction score
It's a very interesting question when you think about it.
I do believe it works, that's why I said I'm not willing to take a risk lol
Was just curious about the experiences of people who use pirated copies.
Post automatically merged:

Was this supposed to stop theft in general or simply "stop the magic contained inside" from working?
I think it says pirating will make the magic "less effective".

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Absolutely!!! There is something about the feel of holding a good book in your hands that no free PDF could ever replace. Knowledge you have access to whether you got power (electricity) or not. I only read PDF's of books i'm considering for purchase so that i can avoid the headache of having to return them once i find out what they are about. It has to be the right book. There is so much regurgitated and plagiarized work out there, I have to be very careful. Nowadays just ANYBODY can call themselves "authors" and publish just about anything!!! :oops: I mean, ANYTHING. From someone else's hard work, to pamphlets that haven't even been proof read and are basically unreadable because of so many typos and incoherences derived from improper use of language sometimes... I'm just careful where i purchase the books i decide to buy in case i need to return them. No more getting scammed into buying garbage!!!

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I own one of Blackthorne's books on Kindle. I like it. I decided to buy it because I looked through the "illegal" PDF and knew that I would use some of his ideas in my own magical work, and the price was reasonable. I also like physical books much better than digital versions which often have formatting problems. Most PDF shares are like library loans for me. I delete the copy once I've had a good look through the book. I'm simply not in a position in life to have a lot of magic books, and really there's a lot of repetition by many authors as @Djnenas said. There are some systems of personal initiation available for free (legally) on the internet, so it's not like anyone must pay for books to become a magician, but that would be a topic for another thread. :)

Djnenas

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Uhmm, I don't know about all that cause I never needed a free PDF of any of GOM's books. I was fortunate to find and feel compelled to purchase one of Damon Brand's books years ago, and since the price point was right at the moment, i purchased it and that was it... I've purchased every book by the GOM since then cause their price is very accesible to just about everybody, and it is so below their true worth... The master work they have done to deveil the true essence of magick that gets results is amazing and what's most important nowadays: it's ORIGINAL. As far as "Theft magick" is concerned, it isn't as bad as a curse. It might just render your magick neutral (if you believe in it of course:sneaky:) I honestly believe that those that take exception to "curse" the magick of those that didn't pay for their book are dangerously insecure. Like i've said here and elsewhere, those that do the work and write true gems shouldn't worry about free PDF's because their books will always sell regardless. True readers will always want to have those books in print, at hand at all times. The same i cannot say for those that regurgitate other author's hard work...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
If there were "theft magick," wouldn't there also be "buy multiple copies magick"? Hack authors could up their sales exponentially.