• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Secret Santa?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I know it's really late, and I have no idea of the logistics involved.. but a sort of Magickal Secret Santa might be fun?

If in one way or the other it's possible for names to be randomly picked ( / be assigned) we could do a spell or the likes on behalf of the other.
Not sure if it would be specific "requested" goals or general good vibes.

Now reply with your concerns about karmic entanglement.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I know it's really late, and I have no idea of the logistics involved.. but a sort of Magickal Secret Santa might be fun?

If in one way or the other it's possible for names to be randomly picked ( / be assigned) we could do a spell or the likes on behalf of the other.
Not sure if it would be specific "requested" goals or general good vibes.

Now reply with your concerns about karmic entanglement.
How about each person writing one thing they wish for themselves, and whoever pulls them will make a sigil with the intent to help the person they pulled to get their wish.
Then just upload/post the sigils either publicly or directly to the other person.

So the other person can do with the sigil whatever they want and maybe this will help them achieve their wish.
I think this is the easiest and most "hands free" way to help, because sigils aren't as direct as spells(in my view), they're a means to an end the same way a tool is a means to achieve a result.The tool isn't the result, but it does help to get to it.
Besides, it would be on the one being gifted the sigil the decision to use it or not, so you just give them the means but they're the ones to decide if they'll use your means or not.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Great idea. I like the suggestion of posting a sigil (or similar) but the hard thing is "pulling a name from a hat".

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Great idea. I like the suggestion of posting a sigil (or similar) but the hard thing is "pulling a name from a hat".
I think there are online programs/tools that you can input the names of participants in something, and it might automatically pair people up.
I found one called "
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
".

We would just need to know the amount of people and their names.
Maybe there are better options but this was what my technologically inept self was able to find.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hmm I was thinking about secret santa, but in the physical gifts sense, but I thought it would be too difficult to organize the logistics, ensure people sent gifts, and the trust issue with giving someone online your address.

However the idea of doing some magick for each other is a cool idea. Still, even if we have a solution to easily pick pairs, we need someone who can organize and be the person to "collect" the "gifts" and send it to the intended recipient, because if you know who is sending it to you then it's not "secret" 😂

Hmmm...

Last edited:

JMPtD

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
A gift messenger would be an important metaphysical character already in that potential plan. creative parallels and intellect construction would stem greatly from it.
Post automatically merged:

Some important qualities for spells are decay, usage, left, right, east west north south, inner outer, transmutable, emptyable, excess deficiency loss gain, continuity intensity, primordial complexity.

Timing alignment structure order chaos

Good luck with any spells we might do. If 1 is structure/prana, 2 is order/mana, 3 is chaos/chi, metaphysically the orders can be a part of innumerable sequences lol 2 could be inside 1 while 3 is outside 1 in that way for one segment, or 2 inside three and 1 outside two... Etc.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
we need someone who can organize and be the person to "collect" the "gifts" and send it to the intended recipient, because if you know who is sending it to you then it's not "secret"
I think the staff could be excluded from the gifting, or see if there is someone that won't participate(as I doubt everyone will) and that person, or people, would be in charge of "sending the gifts" through PMs.A messenger of sorts between members.

But to do that first there would be a need to figure out:

1.What would be the gifts in question, as there are many ideas so it would help to narrow it down in order to make it easier to pick what to give and to make it more "uniform" for everyone.The intent in the gifts may vary but the mediums of it would in the end be the same.

2.A time period for those interested to "put their names in the hat", so to speak.Just to avoid latecomers trying to enter after names have already been sorted out.

3.A time period(or even a specific day) for the gift giving.So those acting as messengers would know when to go acting like Santa Claus.
Hmm I was thinking about secret santa, but in the physical gifts sense, but I thought it would be too difficult to organize the logistics
Specially when there are many members from different countries, so there are shipping costs that wouldn't make it viable.Plus, some mailing services have a reputation of sometimes "losing their delivery" which is code for "someone there stole a package" and it wouldn't feel nice for some or most get something while others would get nothing.
the trust issue with giving someone online your address
This too.
While I'm sure most here are decent people, you can never know what someone is behind the mask they wear on the internet.And even if they're actually good people, what if somehow someone ends up getting your address from their computers or cellphones?Who's to say you wouldn't be compromised?

Reason why it's easier to work with intangible gifts.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hmm I was thinking about secret santa, but in the physical gifts sense, but I thought it would be too difficult to organize the logistics, ensure people sent gifts, and the trust issue with giving someone online your address.

However the idea of doing some magick for each other is a cool idea. Still, even if we have a solution to easily pick pairs, we need someone who can organize and be the person to "collect" the "gifts" and send it to the intended recipient, because if you know who is sending it to you then it's not "secret" 😂

Hmmm...
Yes. Definitely no physical gifts or sharing of (email) addresses.
As @Taudefindi said, the staff probably should be excluded and be responsible for the logistics, or if any staff member wants to participate then at least one of us has to be the outsider (letting participants know who they are to make a "gift" for + collect the gifts - sigils or the sorts - and post these in one big thread so that Santa indeed remains secret)

If everybody who wants to take part could drop their name here before this Thursday then we'll have time to do a draw.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
As @Taudefindi said, the staff probably should be excluded and be responsible for the logistics
It's the easier option.

If everybody who wants to take part could drop their name here before this Thursday then we'll have time to do a draw.
Now would be nice to have an "All" tagging feature.Just so people know of this.

Reaction score
Awards
I suck at sigil Magick. It's it the only option, or perhaps an opportunity for me to learn something new?

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe revisit the discord server idea, set for February, or do a Secret Cupid for February?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I had a voice visiting yesterday that said: do count 9 weeks from now. That date would be approx 20/2/2024. (first the day then the month, right. Or is it the other way around?)

The numbers look nice...