• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Seeking Insights on Unusual Visual Experiences During and After Meditation

Sahasrara

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've recently encountered some unusual visual phenomena that started during my meditation practice and have persisted afterwards, and I'm seeking insights or advice.

Description of My Experiences

Constant Visual Phenomena: For the past few weeks (two weeks maybe), I have been consistently seeing a white dot in the center of my field of vision, accompanied by rainbow-colored auras around it. This occurs regardless of whether my eyes are open or closed, and in different lighting. I also see rainbow-colored auras around things like people, objects, lights etc.

Changes During Meditation: While meditating, these visuals become more pronounced. The white dot sometimes grows to encompass my entire field of vision, pulsates, or rotates. The area around the dot sometimes appears to rotate like spirals or vortexes, creating a tunnel-like vision with the light at the center.

Formation of Symbols: On occasions, this dot transforms into various shapes or symbols, such as rotating crosses, swastikas, or lotus flowers, all maintaining the rainbow-colored aura.

Background Information:

I have a history of migraines and wear glasses due to vision issues.
I have not noticed any deterioration in my overall vision or field of vision over the years.

Questions:

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Could these experiences be indicative of a spiritual or meditative phenomenon, such as the awakening of the "True Sight" or astral vision?

Are there any specific meditation practices or spiritual traditions that discuss or explain such visual experiences?

Any insights, experiences, or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am open to exploring both medical and spiritual explanations for these occurrences.

I have booked a comprehensive eye examination to rule out any medical issues.

Thank you in advance for your time and responses.