• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Self Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition...

Audiolog Edu

Acolyte
Joined
Aug 13, 2024
Messages
299
Reaction score
272
Awards
8
So Ive decided to start with the Ciceros book Self Initiation Into the Golden Dawn and it looks very nice, what recommendations would you give me?

In the book there are basic stuff for the Neophyte grade, what I am more scared of is the Initiation Ritual which is very long and I would have to do all, since I am a solo practicioner, any advice on how to learn the whole ritual on my own?

Besides that, seems like a lot of fun the rituals, meditations, sun salutations, food blessings, etc.

Also I ve been wanting to know, can I do The Middle Pillar Ritual since early in the Neophyte Grade? I was practicing Aurum Solis material and I did the similar ritual from the AS, but I dont see it in the Neophyte grade and I dont want to loose the benefits of this basic but powerfull ritual.
 

Belac

Neophyte
Joined
Jun 24, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
The middle pillar is a common practice that is often recommended as a core exercise to build the body of the light. It should be fine to do in conjunction with the grade work. Practice it so you have momentum if it interests you.

if the ritual is long, practice it a bunch. Or go through it with the book in hand if you need it for reference
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
156
Reaction score
139
Awards
3
As someone whos been a long time HOGD member the best advice I can give you is: Find a mentor, find someone whos already deep within the practice and ask them to be your mentor.. Most of the HOGD practices and rituals are very secretive.. but since the organization no longer conducts business publically, some remaining members might help-- though most chapters have shut down or gone dark.

I don't really teach people anymore.. I did for a bit, but mostly neophytes in our chapter.. Our chapter is now dark.. which means we dont meet regularly or conduct business anymore.. Primary reason being our members are old and have other obligations.. our younger members are not enough to keep things going. It's a very small chapter. 45 members and 19 active. The active part is just a group chat we have and where we will do certain rituals on specific dates where astrological currents are strong, or we will go to events/networking.. Sometimes for study purposes we rent spaces to do presentations and talk about stuff. Our events usually have a combination of people from our chapter, Rosicrucians, fellow mason friends, and some lesser known organizations based on magick/spiritual development.

If you do have some general questions or need clarity, feel free to DM me.
 

Audiolog Edu

Acolyte
Joined
Aug 13, 2024
Messages
299
Reaction score
272
Awards
8
The middle pillar is a common practice that is often recommended as a core exercise to build the body of the light. It should be fine to do in conjunction with the grade work. Practice it so you have momentum if it interests you.

if the ritual is long, practice it a bunch. Or go through it with the book in hand if you need it for reference
May I ask you, how many times to vibrate each divine name in TMP ritual? can it be less than 10 times? As I was tought from the Aurum Solis it can be 1 - 3- 5 times vibrated, but I see in the Golden Dawn it says 10 and I think is a lot for begginers, thank you.
 
Top