• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Servitors

Ezzabelle

Visitor
Reaction score
I wanted to create a servitor to give me deep calm when I called on it. I’m quite anxious and I have trouble sleeping and staying asleep.
I am working with things like LBRP, middle pillar and some of Damon brands books like magickal protection to help with the roots of the problem. But I wanted something for the NOW.
Anyone out there have experience with servitors? Have an opinion about a servitors ability to bring FEELINGS about? Can they do this?

Finsternis

Neophyte
Reaction score
I wanted to create a servitor to give me deep calm when I called on it. I’m quite anxious and I have trouble sleeping and staying asleep.
I am working with things like LBRP, middle pillar and some of Damon brands books like magickal protection to help with the roots of the problem. But I wanted something for the NOW.
Anyone out there have experience with servitors? Have an opinion about a servitors ability to bring FEELINGS about? Can they do this?
Servitors and spirit creation isn't really a practice of mine, but I know they are definitely more than capable of influencing emotions and thoughts if that's what is desired.
If anything, that is the among the easiest things for them to do.

Affecting feelings, emotions, mental states, thoughts, etc. - those are all things which require operation on either the Mental or Astral Sphere, and those are the spheres easiest to work with due to their direct proximity to the mechanism of magic in the first place, with the third Physical Sphere being the hardest to impact due to its "density" and "distance" from the higher, finer spheres like the aforementioned.

So definitely yes to your question. It's getting servitors to affect physical things that is difficult, due to the intensity of power required. Emotions and mental things though? Nah, it's a common use for them.
I don't utilize servitors much at all myself, but I most certainly have used energies to influence my own emotional and psychic functioning - and that has included me inducing sleep in the past. And since servitors are essentially just complex constructs of energy in themselves, of course they are just as capable of influencing such things as well.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Servitors come from you. In the past I have created a servitor for creativity. When constructing it, one thing I did was make sure I waited till I was in the exact state of mind that I wanted my servitor to provide me with. So when I gave it “life”, it’s base energy and intent was exactly aligned with creative state.

I imagine you could do something similar in where you try to get as close to that deep calm state as possible (which may be difficult when one lives with anxiety, but not impossible) and try to imprint that state into your servitor.

As far as the process, there’s tons of ways to construct one but generally all one needs is a name, sigil, mental image, defined purpose, and how you’ll be interacting with it (how you call it, feed it, etc). Once you’ve written down all those details, construct a simple rite maybe using candles and incense and maybe even some kind of “fetish” that you could use to represent it. I’ve created representations as simple as just a sigil on paper and would use that as the focal point.

Servitors fall into the chaos magic realm which specifically encourages one to you their own processes, so keep that in mind.

Ezzabelle

Visitor
Reaction score
Servitors and spirit creation isn't really a practice of mine, but I know they are definitely more than capable of influencing emotions and thoughts if that's what is desired.
If anything, that is the among the easiest things for them to do.

Affecting feelings, emotions, mental states, thoughts, etc. - those are all things which require operation on either the Mental or Astral Sphere, and those are the spheres easiest to work with due to their direct proximity to the mechanism of magic in the first place, with the third Physical Sphere being the hardest to impact due to its "density" and "distance" from the higher, finer spheres like the aforementioned.

So definitely yes to your question. It's getting servitors to affect physical things that is difficult, due to the intensity of power required. Emotions and mental things though? Nah, it's a common use for them.
I don't utilize servitors much at all myself, but I most certainly have used energies to influence my own emotional and psychic functioning - and that has included me inducing sleep in the past. And since servitors are essentially just complex constructs of energy in themselves, of course they are just as capable of influencing such things as well.
This was very helpful.

Ezzabelle

Visitor
Reaction score
Servitors come from you. In the past I have created a servitor for creativity. When constructing it, one thing I did was make sure I waited till I was in the exact state of mind that I wanted my servitor to provide me with. So when I gave it “life”, it’s base energy and intent was exactly aligned with creative state.

I imagine you could do something similar in where you try to get as close to that deep calm state as possible (which may be difficult when one lives with anxiety, but not impossible) and try to imprint that state into your servitor.

As far as the process, there’s tons of ways to construct one but generally all one needs is a name, sigil, mental image, defined purpose, and how you’ll be interacting with it (how you call it, feed it, etc). Once you’ve written down all those details, construct a simple rite maybe using candles and incense and maybe even some kind of “fetish” that you could use to represent it. I’ve created representations as simple as just a sigil on paper and would use that as the focal point.

Servitors fall into the chaos magic realm which specifically encourages one to you their own processes, so keep that in mind.
Thanks! I also have the Damon brand book.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I trained my servitor to use mental alchemy, if I can do it you can do it.

Basically I can have my servitor feed off whatever emotion. And I've been asking him to leave me with a feeling of happiness. It always works without fail.

I get angry while driving, more food for Ko, he'll eat any undesirable emotion up.

I've been toying with making him transmute emotions into other emotions and have had mild success, still working on it, but so far I am pleased with my results.

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
According to my exp, new servitor is not a quick way to solve such a problems since you will have to:
1. Make independant power supply for s.
2. Grow and teach s.

As for sleep disturbances would advice to visit a doctor.
After visiting a doctor you can use some help of gods or spirits to accompany medical treatment