• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Sexual repression or suppression .. long-term spiritual and magickal effects?

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
In viewing books on alchemy, a third are on tantric sex magick and sexual alchemy.

I'm repressed/suppressed sexually, partly by choice. A good thing I'm being tested for any and all sexually transmitted diseases, doubt I have any but the blood work done today will show results of any.

So.. back on topic.. what are long term spiritual and magickal effects, even alchemical effects, of repressed or suppressed sexuality?

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I think there is merit in diverting sexual energy toward magical intent in practice.

However, I think it’s far too easy to create sexual hang ups when misunderstanding this application. Just consider all the sexual deviation created from Puritanism, Catholicism, or in the other extreme all the sexual abuse that can be found in certain Wiccan/ceremonial practice.

Then, there is the whole alchemical process that supposedly happens when the moon is in your sun sign. None of which has any scientific support that I’ve been able to find. (And I did an entire year of that practice).

Ultimately, my opinion is that if one is dependent on sexual energy in order to manifest their will, they’re not much of a mage.
Post automatically merged:

Further, it is not the sex itself that matters. Sex is just a great example that teaches the process of building energy to the point of release.

Which at that point ok… yes that is often how magic works.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Sexuality is a primarily active in humans between early teens and late 50s. This suggests that it is not always relevant to spiritual functions.

Suppression is a problem because the suppression is primarily of the lesser deva that coordinates and directs the physical body. Thus sexual suppression usually has effects beyond sexual relationship

It may be that sexual relationship, apart from reproduction, is primarily useful in encouraging the partners to press their chakras (Trees of Life) together to form a circuit for cosmic energies flowing into one partner, across to the other and back to the cosmos.

Such circuits, when properly formed, allow trans-universal patterns to be localized in suitable humans.

A suitable male may attract a dozen separate energy lines from various star systems - anchoring through the back. A suitable female may localize cosmic energies in the uterus and breasts with the triangular flow enabling a significant anchoring of energies in the heart.

Having had some practice in sexual relationship, suitable humans can continue the stellar connections in their daily lives

Selfish motivation in sexual relationship largely disables flows from outside the planet

ymmv

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
for women it works a bit different, but after 33 years of marriage i think i can tell from the outside that knowing and loving your body is healing. often for women having sex while not in the mood can break blockages, i think for men its often the other way around. not everything is solved with an ejaculation and the universe doesnt evolve around your dick.

when a man is able to cum without releasing his sperm, things go different. somehow that orgasm then goes into your pineal gland and one dances between the stars. its good for your chakras cause you rise tru them and explode on the chakras above the head. it looks like the flower of venus, when that happens. this can be done in pairs and alone. in essence its the same goal as with meditation only the ride towards it is a bit different. ;)

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Focussing on sexuality alone and discussing any sexual activity in terms of 'energy' alone is too narrow a view, I feel. It's not just arousal and release; there is also a longing for intimacy, for the feel of another body, caresses, even smells, and discussing that yearning is perhaps more embarassing for most people than scientifically dissecting human sexuality as if the whole subject had nothing to do with them personally. It's a whole complex of psychological and emotional issues, and that's why sexuality cannot be simply sublimated or 'transmuted' into spiritual power, in my mind. People talk about manipulating sexual energy as if it was simply a matter of pressing some switches and routing it through a special tantric electrical transformer. It's not that easy, I'd say. The suppression of sexuality can have undesirable side effects like aggression, for example, and even if you are able to suppess that as well, there are still those secondary desires I mentioned, and they won't just simply disappear after you've finally had an orgasm.

In my mind, the best way to handle the problem is honest introspection, examine what's really there, without judging, without shame, as calmly as you are able to. There might be no resolution for some of those issues but will at least be aware of them and include them when you perform a sincere analysis of your emotions.

Sincerity is the key, I feel, thoroughly knowing yourself and admitting to yourself what you are, warts and all. If you construct the self-image of a true spiritual seeker while constantly ignoring your own feelings - ANY feelings -, you're setting yourself up for failure because they will always bubble up to the surface. Like I said, initially it may be enough to be aware of them, there is no immediate solution for every problem, and anyway, some problems just cannot be solved, only managed.

All in all, I think that repressed or suppressed sexuality might affect your state of mind and thus your magic - note that I wrote 'affect' and not 'weaken' or 'impair'. It may impinge on the emotional aspect of rituals (but so would a fulfilled sex life, only in a different way). I don't believe that chastity automatically increases your magical powers, it's more complicated than that.