• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Sigil work within a broader ritual practice

envs

Visitor
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
I’ve been exploring chaos magick and working with sigils alongside a more devotional altar practice. I’m interested in how others keep those approaches distinct, or intentionally bring them together.

When you create a sigil as part of a larger working, do you activate it within that ritual, or give it a separate moment and method of activation?
 

vargr23

Visitor
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
11
I've not experienced any difficulties doing chaos magic from my permanent altar. If I'm creating a sigil as part of a large working, I will design and inscribe it prior to the ritual, then place it on my altar for the duration of the ritual that launches the working. After firing it via whichever method of vacuity is appropriate, I'll either burn the image, or place it in the reliquary that I keep on the altar for holding components of spells in progress. I also often note them in my working journal for future reflection after the scope of the spell is complete.
 
Top