• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Simon Necronomicon

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Ok, I am well aware that any Necronomicon published is, in some large measure, an imposture. Much as I think Lovecraft tapped inadvertently into something real, I certainly do not insist on a literal reading of his works nor on their inerrancy. That said, I just read the Simon Necronomicon. A certain degree of scholarship went into it, as well as some considerable occult knowledge. It dropped a few nuggets about Sumerian tradition that bear on the current bees on my bonnet.

Has anyone here worked the book's rites? With any result?
In the realm of occultism, many individuals are drawn to explore various texts and artifacts, including the Simon Necronomicon. This particular grimoire, attributed to the fictional author Abdul Alhazred, is said to contain rituals and spells derived from ancient Sumerian traditions. While some may view the Necronomicon as a hoax, others believe it offers genuine insights into the mystical practices of ancient cultures.

Authoritative Reference 1: Simon Necronomicon by Simon

The Simon Necronomicon is a grimoire that claims to contain ancient Sumerian rituals and spells. Although its authenticity is debated, it has garnered attention from occultists and scholars alike. The book’s contents are thought to be a blend of fact and fiction, with some elements drawing from actual Sumerian mythology and others inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

Authoritative Reference 2: The Call of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft

H.P. Lovecraft’s influential work, “The Call of Cthulhu,” is often cited as a primary source of inspiration for the Simon Necronomicon. Lovecraft’s fictional tale of cosmic horror and the ancient, otherworldly god Cthulhu may have inadvertently tapped into something real, as suggested by the inclusion of Sumerian mythology in the Necronomicon.

Authoritative Reference 3: Sumerian Mythology

Sumerian mythology is an ancient Mesopotamian belief system that dates back thousands of years. This rich tradition has left a lasting impact on the world’s understanding of early human civilization, religion, and culture. The Simon Necronomicon incorporates various elements of Sumerian mythology, including the use of ritualistic incantations and the worship of deities.

Having discussed the three authoritative references, we can now delve into the experiences of those who have worked the Simon Necronomicon’s rites.

Some individuals who have attempted to work the book’s rites have reported success in achieving their desired outcomes. These experiences range from increased spiritual awareness to manifesting tangible results in their lives. However, it is important to note that not all practitioners have had positive experiences with the Necronomicon. Some individuals have reported negative consequences, such as experiencing unwanted supernatural phenomena or encountering malevolent entities.

In conclusion, the Simon Necronomicon is a complex and controversial text that has captured the attention of many occult practitioners. While some individuals have reported success in working the book’s rites, others have encountered challenges or negative outcomes. As with any esoteric practice, it is crucial to approach such materials with caution, respect, and a healthy dose of skepticism.

Salva200

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
What makes you think that?
Because for what I know in Magic, that´s what it is: Fake and Bullshit. Do you have a different View? Why? It is what you think, What you know or what you would like it happens? I am not joking, there are more interesting things to learn and practice, believe me. Regards.

Reaction score
Awards
There is one test you can do, discover the anthropological/religious roles of the names, and invoke the names, using the sigils provided in the book.
Treat it scientifically. Decide on a random day to start, and obtain the earliest weather report and general news of the day.
Decide on your intent to invoke using that one particular sigil and note observations following the invocation.
For example, if no storm is forecast, and a storm occurs following it, note that.
If I recall correctly, there are 50 names of Marduk. Invoke one at random each day or successively each day.
Try to pathwork. the gates. Note all occurrences, synchronicities, altered behavior of others, and dreams.

If it is still bullshit, then note that and write a book on it.

Emperor Time

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Because for what I know in Magic, that´s what it is: Fake and Bullshit. Do you have a different View? Why? It is what you think, What you know or what you would like it happens? I am not joking, there are more interesting things to learn and practice, believe me. Regards.
I see and guess you will next say that all magic is fake?

Salva200

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
There is one test you can do, discover the anthropological/religious roles of the names, and invoke the names, using the sigils provided in the book.
Treat it scientifically. Decide on a random day to start, and obtain the earliest weather report and general news of the day.
Decide on your intent to invoke using that one particular sigil and note observations following the invocation.
For example, if no storm is forecast, and a storm occurs following it, note that.
If I recall correctly, there are 50 names of Marduk. Invoke one at random each day or successively each day.
Try to pathwork. the gates. Note all occurrences, synchronicities, altered behavior of others, and dreams.

If it is still bullshit, then note that and write a book on it.
You seems to be a wise man. then a question: Do you know who wrote the necronomicon or better, in wich circumstancies it was written? And even more important, WHY it was witten, which is his purpose? If you know the answers of all this, you must say as I do, all this is bullshit, an extremely dangereous bullshit.
Post automatically merged:

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be: Magic is a human view of a much bigger system

Does any other species see such operations as outside the laws of Nature?
Magic IS a more accurate way to handle nature. Any other mayor system would be include on it. Our knowledge has fisicals limitations, but we can reach them in other levels of conscience. All is Energy, all is Vibration, all is connected.

Last edited:

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Feel there's no one true answer to this. What works for one might not work for another...or perhaps it did and the practitioner was biased against the results. Belief has something to do with results and the great mystery of reality, an alchemy of the outer and inner, the above and the below.