• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Simple sleep spell?

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Incog and I are the insomniac's insomniacs and swing from not being able to fall asleep to waking up 10-20 times a night to waking up 2-3 hours after we finally fall asleep and not being able to go back to sleep. I used to make a sleep sachet for his pillow that helped him, but we don't have the herbs anymore, so I'm looking for something to tie us over until I can find them again. Any suggestions?

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
This is from Mind Magic by Merlin Starlight.. Close your eyes lie down in a quiet place. All you do then is to remember a moment / a memory when you were so tired that you couldn't just stay awake. A memory when you fell easily asleep. See that memory clearly. See yourself in that memory And then step into it. In your mind become you in your memory. You will sleep.

You may try white noise; i.e. snow sound, car sound, etc They really help too. or ASMR

Of you love crystals amethyst can be programmed to help to sleep.

And, that vid may help too. Sweet dreams :)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This is from Mind Magic by Merlin Starlight.. Close your eyes lie down in a quiet place. All you do then is to remember a moment / a memory when you were so tired that you couldn't just stay awake. A memory when you fell easily asleep. See that memory clearly. See yourself in that memory And then step into it. In your mind become you in your memory. You will sleep.

You may try white noise; i.e. snow sound, car sound, etc They really help too. or ASMR

Of you love crystals amethyst can be programmed to help to sleep.

And, that vid may help too. Sweet dreams :)

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I hate ASMR, but we do sleep with white noise. I'll try this memory thing and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestion! 🥰

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Damn, I need something as well. I don't have insomnia, per se. But I have this bastard problem where I struggle really hard to sleep, and then when I do sleep, nothing can wake me up for 12h.

Like, in an ideal world, I'd function like this: stay up for 24-28 hours, and then sleep for 12h. I'd love that. It's what feels natural to me.

But obviously, having a day job and having a social life, I need to conform to this 24h cycle and I just bloody cant.

If I'm not sleepy, no matter what I do, I can't sleep. And I don't even mean tired, cause I've worked out for long periods of time and been dead tired, but still unable to sleep.

I've tried white + pink noise. Binnaural beats. Calm music/sounds. Sleep audio book things. Brainwashing/autosuggesting. A variety of exercises.

Nothing ever worked.

I'll try that exercise from the video tho... can't hurt.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I think one thing that's happening is that the nature sounds we have on at night we've been listening to for literally years. I think it basically doesn't help. Our brains have relegated that to unimportant, ignored background noise, and it doesn't really help with sleeping.

I had very good luck in the past with the self created binaural beats + nature sounds that I created years ago. I posted about that in the binaural beat thread from a few weeks ago. I'm going to give those a try again. I remember those helping a lot, but until that thread I had thought I'd lost the audio files and the config files to create them. Now that I have them again, I'm going to set them up some night this week and see if that helps anything.

A lot of the nature sound apps have noises that are either too high pitched or loud. Ocean waves are great, but if the audio isn't at least somewhat normalized, you have nearly no sound as the waves are going out, and then MASSIVE sound as the waves come in. That difference in volume pretty much wakes me up every time. Or you'll have a running stream and smack in the middle is the sound of a very loud bird (or in one case, a monkey?!). Kind of defeats the purpose.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I wanted to write this yesterday but didn't cause it's not magic 😂 but about a month ago my mom gave me a little bottle of Bach Rescue.
This stuff works amazing. I have no trouble falling asleep usually but with this it's even better. Take 4 drops in a cup of tea before going to bed and you'll feel woozy almost instantly.
I used to wake up like 5 times per night but now only once to pee.
It's all natural. Basically a tincture. If you can find it, give it a try.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Incog and I are the insomniac's insomniacs and swing from not being able to fall asleep to waking up 10-20 times a night to waking up 2-3 hours after we finally fall asleep and not being able to go back to sleep. I used to make a sleep sachet for his pillow that helped him, but we don't have the herbs anymore, so I'm looking for something to tie us over until I can find them again. Any suggestions?
I like to do a quick psi ball or informal energy-based spell for sleep sometimes. Usually just while laying awake in bed. It’s a nice way to get practice in, with something I can easily gauge the result of. If I’m still awake after a little bit, just do it again.

Tbh though, sometimes doing a good ritual has the side effect of making me tired anyway. There’s this sort of afterglow that’s great to fall asleep with.

Meditating before bed can also help, even in just a mundane sense of making you calm enough. I like to do a lot of my daily meditation before bed, partly for this and partly because it’s the only time I know I won’t be disturbed.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I like to do a quick psi ball or informal energy-based spell for sleep sometimes. Usually just while laying awake in bed. It’s a nice way to get practice in, with something I can easily gauge the result of. If I’m still awake after a little bit, just do it again.

Tbh though, sometimes doing a good ritual has the side effect of making me tired anyway. There’s this sort of afterglow that’s great to fall asleep with.

Meditating before bed can also help, even in just a mundane sense of making you calm enough. I like to do a lot of my daily meditation before bed, partly for this and partly because it’s the only time I know I won’t be disturbed.
I've tried meditation and it doesn't really work for sleep. I'm not really the ceremonial magic type, so I haven't done a ritual in...gods at least 15 years. Incog is, though, so we're going to get back to some of that once he can stop working all the time (haha imagine that). An energy-based spell might work. I'll give that a shot. Thanks :)

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
My elder son did not sleep through the night for the first 5 years. Eventually I thought about the situation and moved him to another bedroom - where he slept well.

Another issue is liver problems that wake the human between 1 am and 3 am. Lung problems, as I recall, wake from 3 am to 5 am.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I can confirm that my liver is pretty pissed off right now. Probably from all the rum. :/