• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Spirit contact while meditation?

sashataj

Neophyte
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
I’m unsure whether this is the correct place to post this, if not please move it as you see fit; I was meditating today. I want to build on my mindfulness meditation practice because I want to be able to distinguish my own chatter vs external contact. During my mindfulness session I was focusing on my breath, the chatter would come and go. Then suddenly I heard my name so loud in my head as though it came from the outside of my body like someone else called me, however I knew it was in my head still but it didn’t sound like my own inside chatter. It was interesting. I am convinced it was a spirit. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? Or is anyone else doing what I’m doing — building up mindfulness practice to distinguish one’s own chatter vs external experiences that are perceived within?
 

Morell

Apostle
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
5,003
Awards
21
Meditation is good way to learn that difference, along with other skills, as it helps develop higher senses.

I had experience with voices talking to me during meditation... I also had out of body experience during meditation. Since you want to learn the difference, without voices from beyond you wouldn't have an opportunity to have any experience for comparing and learning the difference.
 

fungus77

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 3, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
22
This is more of a specific situation, but I was meditating while mentally repeating a daemon's enn over and over. After a while, my body felt like it was vibrating, and it sounded like vibration was surrounding me. I do feel like the daemon did present itself to me...... I said a few things to them in my mind, and slowly their presence and the vibration feeling/sound went away. So I guess the moral of the story is, if you experience something that you don't normally experience during meditation sessions, its probably from an outside source. Especially if you're meditating with a specific method/goal in mind.
 

Eldros

Acolyte
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
259
Reaction score
300
Awards
5
I’m unsure whether this is the correct place to post this, if not please move it as you see fit; I was meditating today. I want to build on my mindfulness meditation practice because I want to be able to distinguish my own chatter vs external contact. During my mindfulness session I was focusing on my breath, the chatter would come and go. Then suddenly I heard my name so loud in my head as though it came from the outside of my body like someone else called me, however I knew it was in my head still but it didn’t sound like my own inside chatter. It was interesting. I am convinced it was a spirit. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? Or is anyone else doing what I’m doing — building up mindfulness practice to distinguish one’s own chatter vs external experiences that are perceived within?
That’s an interesting experience. I’d just be careful about going from “it felt external” to “therefore it was a spirit.” Our minds can produce some pretty strange experiences, especially during meditation.
And even if consciousness is more than just the brain, that doesn’t necessarily mean there’s an afterlife or that our souls go somewhere.
I think that’s the more interesting question.
 

Naze

Neophyte
Joined
Sep 24, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
26
I’m unsure whether this is the correct place to post this, if not please move it as you see fit; I was meditating today. I want to build on my mindfulness meditation practice because I want to be able to distinguish my own chatter vs external contact. During my mindfulness session I was focusing on my breath, the chatter would come and go. Then suddenly I heard my name so loud in my head as though it came from the outside of my body like someone else called me, however I knew it was in my head still but it didn’t sound like my own inside chatter. It was interesting. I am convinced it was a spirit. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? Or is anyone else doing what I’m doing — building up mindfulness practice to distinguish one’s own chatter vs external experiences that are perceived within?
I just want to mention - not all spiritual contact is beneficial in nature. Exercise due caution with any unsolicited contact, especially if it’s coming at a time when you are focused on something else and not reaching out yourself. Not to say that your specific experience was wrong, incorrect, or dangerous- just adding a note of caution.
 

sashataj

Neophyte
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
I just want to mention - not all spiritual contact is beneficial in nature. Exercise due caution with any unsolicited contact, especially if it’s coming at a time when you are focused on something else and not reaching out yourself. Not to say that your specific experience was wrong, incorrect, or dangerous- just adding a note of caution.
I don’t even know if it was spirit contact as your mind has so many different ways of being. I actually happened upon it again. It’s just my name being said super loudly. It’s happened three times when I have actually been so tired that I’ve almost fell asleep and the shouting of my name has woken me up and I’ve started to focus again. So it very well could be me. It was just too clear and crisp and felt like external for me which is why I even thought perhaps it’s not me? Anyways but because it brought about focus at the end and felt like whatever it was wanted to help me to wake up (if it even was a spirit) it was helpful to me—at that particular time anyways.
Post automatically merged:

This is more of a specific situation, but I was meditating while mentally repeating a daemon's enn over and over. After a while, my body felt like it was vibrating, and it sounded like vibration was surrounding me. I do feel like the daemon did present itself to me...... I said a few things to them in my mind, and slowly their presence and the vibration feeling/sound went away. So I guess the moral of the story is, if you experience something that you don't normally experience during meditation sessions, its probably from an outside source. Especially if you're meditating with a specific method/goal in mind.
I have gotten back into meditation recently and I’ve been building my practice up seriously again. So currently I’m just trying to learn what my own mind sounds like. But also I realized I have no protective shields or magick or anything of the sort currently so I need to do this too before I start to meditate and perhaps it’ll give me a better idea of what only I sound like vs chatter from external sources.
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2026
Messages
102
Reaction score
73
Awards
1
I just want to mention - not all spiritual contact is beneficial in nature. Exercise due caution with any unsolicited contact, especially if it’s coming at a time when you are focused on something else and not reaching out yourself. Not to say that your specific experience was wrong, incorrect, or dangerous- just adding a note of caution.
Correct. I often wonder whether my heavily psychic grandmother's "dabbling" had anything to do with the hauntings I experienced as a child. Apparently, some mediums wanted my late gran to explore her sporadic contacts with spirit beings. My late grandad then apparently put a stop to it all.
Here's the thing: We all have internal weaknesses, chinks in the psyche. I know what mine are and it's a lot safer to be honest and aware of yourself. Some people aren't aware. They may not realise there are those weak areas.
So further:
To allow the mind to receive intelligence from non corporeal entities isn't so difficult. However, if the mind isn't disciplined and steadfast, there are certain risks as to what exactly you let in. I think a medium has to be very spiritually "together" and aware of any weaknesses. I always see it as those who can walk through the dark and not trip over, and those who trip because the dark is a mystery and they can't navigate it safely.
 

Francesca

Neophyte
Warned
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Meditation is good way to learn that difference, along with other skills, as it helps develop higher senses.

I had experience with voices talking to me during meditation... I also had out of body experience during meditation. Since you want to learn the difference, without voices from beyond you wouldn't have an opportunity to have any experience for comparing and learning the difference.
Can I ask how you meditate? Id usually look for a Spotify Playlist and just close my eyes and breath, and although at the end I am much more relaxed, I feel like im just closing my eyes and nothing else you know? How can I reach that type of state?
 

Morell

Apostle
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
5,003
Awards
21
Can I ask how you meditate? Id usually look for a Spotify Playlist and just close my eyes and breath, and although at the end I am much more relaxed, I feel like im just closing my eyes and nothing else you know? How can I reach that type of state?
With practice. You do almost exactly what I do. I have my own collection of mp3 files in my devices I use for meditation. Having an hour long track is ideal, because when it stops playing, I'm done with the time. Though main thing about meditation is what I do with my mind rather than the music. It is something I had to figure out. There is no tutorial for controlling your own mind states.

Though HoldAll likes to present a book on meditation here that has some good merit on the matter. Meditator's Practice Guide to the Mind Illuminated.
 
Top