• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Starting Eastern Practices

Reaction score
Awards
What is your advice on this ....
On Facebook I posted yet another woe is my magic post, and someone replied to not only keep the occult workings secret, but to also work with eastern systems. Including pranayama, yoga and tantric or taoist magic practices.

I know the difference between active meditation and passive meditation.
I've taken a course in Hatha Yoga, but with my disabilities not sure how safe yoga is.
Have no knowledge of pranayama beyond the fourfold breath.

In short, where do I start with taoist magic and pranayama and yoga?

What are your experiences with it?

Reaction score
Awards
Kasina meditation of the Buddhist variety was also recommended to me. I'm not sure how it differs from taoist practitioners.

Boswellia

Neophyte
Reaction score
I would consider trying ChiGong. It has a profound influence on the energetic system and many of the exercises are very gentle on the physical body. I had a wonderful teacher where I live that passed away a while back. But you can look up Robert Peng or search around and see who you resonate with. Once you get comfortable with the basic practices, you can learn the more internal practices of moving the chi in an orbital movement. It's really wonderful and you can find tons of resources.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What is your advice on this ....
On Facebook I posted yet another woe is my magic post, and someone replied to not only keep the occult workings secret, but to also work with eastern systems. Including pranayama, yoga and tantric or taoist magic practices.

I know the difference between active meditation and passive meditation.
I've taken a course in Hatha Yoga, but with my disabilities not sure how safe yoga is.
Have no knowledge of pranayama beyond the fourfold breath.

In short, where do I start with taoist magic and pranayama and yoga?

What are your experiences with it?
Definitely just start with meditation, it is the foundation of all eastern practices. You should consistently do 20 minutes a day in my opinion minimum.