• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Sticky a thread about Targeted Love Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
So, there's been some lively, but buried, discussion about how much of a stupendously stupid, fucked up thing it is to operate love magic of the "I want THEM, Gimmie THEM!" Variety.

The discussion is generally "don't"; you either end up with a clingy zombie or a hateful ex who knows you manipulated them. Either way there's no consent there.

Anyone who comments on this seems to understand: the only functional love magic is the kind that makes one a more attractive force of self in general and even these can be risky if one has not worked on the function as much as the form of their life.

Using magic to it once the introduction is made and the dance of two starts is really fucking bad.

I would pose that there be some stickied discussion about this so as to discourage this unfortunately common idiocy.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hm. Do you think the same of spells / rituals that change people's perception of you?
Or rituals that shape circumstances so that you become closer to someone?
I would consider these a part of love magic.
As for it being idiocy.. well, let people make their own decisions.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hm. Do you think the same of spells / rituals that change people's perception of you?
Or rituals that shape circumstances so that you become closer to someone?
I would consider these a part of love magic.
As for it being idiocy.. well, let people make their own decisions.
Changing people's perspectives of you, is done through a large series of actions that usually results from putting something there worthy of perception.

When this touches on LOVE, muddying consent of emotional connection of that type, it becomes something twisted and dark.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
twisted and dark.
Yeah, but isn't a lot of magic? I find it weird how there is this sort of taboo or maybe virtue signaling of lovd spells on so many witchcraft duscussions. Death spells? Hell yes go for it. Curses? Yeah boy! Love spells? No, that's evil.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, but isn't a lot of magic? I find it weird how there is this sort of taboo or maybe virtue signaling of lovd spells on so many witchcraft duscussions. Death spells? Hell yes go for it. Curses? Yeah boy! Love spells? No, that's evil.
Generally I don't go in for death spells either? But there's something much more fucked up about love spells.

The sort discussed always ends badly. For everyone. Period.

There's a difference between some things which could at least be used to contain evil, and something that only ever ends badly. Knowledge of curses and how they are levied is necessary to strip them of power. Same of death curses.

I suppose some knowledge of how love magic works is useful to prevent it, but given the clear and frequent motive to perform such by "nice folks" who really want to "just get THEM to notice me", I wouldn't even discuss that past the already discussed relationship with the Spirit of Wanton Experience.

Everything about it is just sick.

It is worse than killing, it is a violation of possibly the most important thing, to use that thing to entrap someone's very "I will do anything."

Because that is what love is, and there is a cost.

There is a problem with people who will do anything for their own sake. Handing them power is something very foolish.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
What would you put in that thread that is objectively true (not just an opinion) that cannot be said for other forms of occult intentions/works.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
What would you put in that thread that is objectively true (not just an opinion) that cannot be said for other forms of occult intentions/works.
That it is the one kind of magic that for the person who executed the intent it is a purely selfish imposition upon a specific target robbed of consent.

Murder, cursing, even these can be done altruistically even if in some people's opinions (including mine) misguided ways.

Targeted Love Spells are done by one person to dominate another person, specifically and exclusively for their own self's sake.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
That it is the one kind of magic that for the person who executed the intent it is a purely selfish imposition upon a specific target robbed of consent.

Murder, cursing, even these can be done altruistically even if in some people's opinions (including mine) misguided ways.

Targeted Love Spells are done by one person to dominate another person, specifically and exclusively for their own self's sake.
Ok so you're saying murder and curses can be done with good intentions, whereas you say love magick can only be done for selfish reasons. And I get where that is coming from, but the vast, vast, majority of curses and hexes are also done with selfish intentions. If we are to place an embargo on discussion of magick for selfish intentions, that would go against this forum's core values of open discussion.

I don't think anyone is so naive to think that love magick is not selfish... but the reality is, all low magick/sorcery is robbing something from someone else and given to you. The "consent" you speak of regarding love magick is far less legally dubious than murder or curses that involve physical harm to others.

The rule of WF is: if it's not going to cause legal troubles, and is not trolling, you can discuss it. If you think love magick is so bad that no one should do it, you may take on the burden of posting that in every thread that someone starts about love magick... because you are free to post, as are they.

Heck, make the post yourself, right now, if you'd like. If it's popular enough it's practically going to be a sticky anyway. Make a thread saying that love magick takes away some level of consent from the 2nd party. Anything beyond that is really just a matter of opinion.

If you make a good enough thread listing the guidelines, do's and don'ts and alternatives to love magick, I might even sticky it one day :)

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I don’t think all love spells are done for selfish intentions because not all love spells manipulate the target...they can draw someone who is your type n you theirs, I’ve had this happen, we didn’t work out but no one was viciously hurt.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I don’t think all love spells are done for selfish intentions because not all love spells manipulate the target...they can draw someone who is your type n you theirs, I’ve had this happen, we didn’t work out but no one was viciously hurt.
Targeted Love Spells is the topic. Drawing "the person who is for you" without expectations is different.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Targeted Love Spells is the topic. Drawing "the person who is for you" without expectations is different.
Targeted love spells are also not always coerced

sometimes they just help things along...say you have a neighbor and you want her hug she doesn’t know you exist...a targeted love spell can help....

A honey jar is a good example..it’s def not as bad as say a binding, then again I’m no expert

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Targeted love spells are also not always coerced

sometimes they just help things along...say you have a neighbor and you want her hug she doesn’t know you exist...a targeted love spell can help....

A honey jar is a good example..it’s def not as bad as say a binding, then again I’m no expert
When you put out something that they want and they don't know you know they want it, and it's specific enough to target them... That's kinda creepy.

When you put out something when they know you know they want it, and you are not already in a relationship, it is WAY too easy to step over a boundary of manipulation.

The biggest trap anyone interested in finding love can fall into is "Her", though.

The problem with Targeted Love Spells isn't even always the consent issue. Even other forms of love spell can backfire horribly, drag the target deeper into a hopeless "Her" spiral, or even develop psychotic cracks and obsessions if they target others, and even general purpose "love" magic ala Slaanesh can get the caster into orbit around a funnel, or several.

The only love magic I know that doesn't draw someone into any funnels is to do whatever magic it takes to focus intent on living and being involved in the lives of people around them, and to pick up better when those around them are into them.

Even using ritual to get over people can backfire horribly. Dealing with unwanted weeds in the garden means going into the mind palace and tending it, "dissipation", and that means work.

SkullTraill is right though. Discussion happens, and maybe a thread happens maybe it doesn't.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
if they are being forced they’ll either resist it or you’ll need to use a lot of work to get them to like you and possibly redo it often.

attracting them is no different then dressing up nice n asking them out...you’re just getting their attention so to speak.

thats magic bro...you will always have issues that may backfire, you either know how to use it or not...not everyone is a novice trying to be creepy, maybe they’re just lonely n the girl or guy they work on May like them, if not then yes I agree it’s best to move on. None the less targeted love spells have been used even in marriages to keep someone faithful

Funnel? Ok whatever, anyway attracting people around them is still manipulating...that’s magic, you’re manipulating things in your favor.

Again if someone’s worried about backfiring with everything maybe mag8c isn’t for them

we are having a discussion

a note on bindings, I’ve noticed when these are done both the target and caster can be tied up...which is the point I guess but it’s good to cleanse after or you’ll be obsessed with your target

Reaction score
The discussion is generally "don't"; you either end up with a clingy zombie or a hateful ex who knows you manipulated them. Either way there's no consent there.
Oh my god, this. this this this, hundreds of times this. someone actually did a love spell on me once :) needless to say, i am very much a hateful ex and was a clingy partner. needless to say i was really hurt a lot in that relationship and they would constantly use a very strong love spell on me. eventually i ended up resisting and leaving but yeah no, love spells are ... heavy, to put it lightly.

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
<...>
I don't think anyone is so naive to think that love magick is not selfish... but the reality is, all low magick/sorcery is robbing something from someone else and given to you. The "consent" you speak of regarding love magick is far less legally dubious than murder or curses that involve physical harm to others.

The rule of WF is: if it's not going to cause legal troubles, and is not trolling, you can discuss it. If you think love magick is so bad that no one should do it, you may take on the burden of posting that in every thread that someone starts about love magick... because you are free to post, as are they.

The part of problem of classical lovespells as I see it: there are no information that they are type of curses. The results of damaged will as alcoholism, ludomania, drug addiction, domestic violence etc were more or less within the limits of societal norms in the middle of XX century.

I was preety naive at my 13-17 yo. And I was making lovespells just for fun. It caused a lot of troubles. Even one death and one case of genetic schizophrenia awakening.

I wouldn't do huge part of this if I would be informed that ussage of classical lovespells has only to logical reasons.

BTW, I don't really get the rule about legal stuff since:
1. There are still death penalty laws for magick in some countries.
2. I've heard that UK still has law against trying to convert other metalls to gold.
3. My country has some religiouse restrictions, punished by significant fines

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
So, there's been some lively, but buried, discussion about how much of a stupendously stupid, fucked up thing it is to operate love magic of the "I want THEM, Gimmie THEM!" Variety.

Anyone who comments on this seems to understand: the only functional love magic is the kind that makes one a more attractive force of self in general and even these can be risky if one has not worked on the function as much as the form of their life.

Using magic to it once the introduction is made and the dance of two starts is really fucking bad.

I would pose that there be some stickied discussion about this so as to discourage this unfortunately common idiocy.
One better: Let's create a sticky for Market Vendors.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Glamour and Attraction spells however? I could see that selling on the market, same as curses/baneful folk. Or financial advisors and readers to the stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.