• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Suggestion: We may need another approved uploader site for the Library

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
@HoldAll

I'm still having issues with creating a Mega Account, I think the server it uses to send confirmation emails was taken down or something. I even tried using a temp email with no luck.

I'm going to keep on trying, but I have a lot of books I want to add to the library. My suggestion is to keep your eyes out and be open to allowing an alternative uploading site or service.

Just suggesting that we may need other options, I'm going to keep on trying throughout the week, If it's not fixed by next week, it's my suggestion to explore alternative uploading services.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Please, book discussions is for, well, discussing books.
Not the forum's/site's choices.

If you feel the need of another uploader you can talk about that here:

But keep in mind that there is a reason as to why Mega was the chosen one as explained by SKull here:
ALL book shares must be shared with MEGA links.(...)The reason for this is a new semi-automated archival system I am working on(...)

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Thread moved to the appropriate forum section. As for the suggestion itself, you'll have to convince @SkullTraill that you have a practical alternative to Mega and be able to demonstrate its usefulness.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
What about Google Drive?

Practical alternative is so people can create an account. If the site is such when you can't create an account, I don't know, I'm fine with just leaving it to others and keeping books from telegram to myself.
Post automatically merged:

I honestly feel like I should contribute rare books that are hard to find online off the occult servers on telegram because I've been utilizing the library. It's an issue with me.

I want to contribute. It's more of a me issue.

Last edited:

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Easily remedied.
Just pass it through the librarians and they can make the official upload
with credits if you care for them.

telegram is a cesspool, but those kinds of places often do have interesting things.
in fact it's a bit of a weakness that anyone can put up anything
some rudimentary virus scans by the staff maybe.
it's a bore for sure, but the risk is real isn't it -
probably considered already, but it popped up so i said it.
Post automatically merged:

doubtful there is anything grand there
but hey, op wants to share
probably a special case i wouldn't expect anyone
to go through the "send it to me then i upload and link it back" method on a regular scale.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'd suggest trying to register again in a couple of days. If a malfunction on the part of mega is to blame they should have fixed it by then.

I'd be ok to reupload books to mega from Google Drive now and then but not to the tune of ten per day and certainly not from telegram links. Additionally, I'd like you to check if your books are in fact rare. I think we have the Western Tradition pretty much covered so I don't expect any surprising new finds there. In other areas, for example the LHP, witchcraft or astrology, the Library inventory is more sketchy but members can always request books we haven't thought of yet. I would consider a book only rare if it's not available on annas-archive, pdfcoffee or vk.com - take a look at the Book Request section and check out any requests we declined because the books concerned were considered 'super-rare' because of their small number of prints in limited edition by small-time publisher which weren't even available as e-books. If you have any scans of those, that would be a real feather in your cap.

Moreover, the books should be on topic. Someone once posted a book on surrealism which I was opposed to because it wasn't occult. The OP said, on the contrary, it was a valuable inspiration for his spiritual path. Ok, but you can also draw inspiration from a cookbook, for heaven's sake. Same goes for works of fiction - great stuff there to fire your imagination but not occult in the strictest sense of the word, and I for one wouldn't like to see them in the Library. So go over your collection, see what's already been posted or requested here, maybe post a list of the books you would like to add here, and then we'll see.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I think we have the Western Tradition pretty much covered
On the other hand we could have more Eastern ones being added :sneaky:, maybe even some about psychic stuff(which is a niche on it's own).

. I would consider a book only rare if it's not available on annas-archive, pdfcoffee or vk.com
I think actual rare books may not even be on PDF format, only physical copies that need to be scanned.And who's going to do that labor(as well as buy such expensive books)?
Reason why it's nice when users do it.It's at their expense but it benefits everyone here.

Someone once posted a book on surrealism which I was opposed to because it wasn't occult.
So many times I wanted to post books that talked about occultism and magic but it was from an anthropological/historical lens...and I thought those wouldn't work as occult books.We gotta be mindful of that.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
So many times I wanted to post books that talked about occultism and magic but it was from an anthropological/historical lens...and I thought those wouldn't work as occult books.We gotta be mindful of that
Wait, only praxis and theory kind of books are allowed? We can't post scholarly work?

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Wait, only praxis and theory kind of books are allowed? We can't post scholarly work?
I've posted scholarly stuff in the past, esp. when it comes to magic in history, because it's much more reliable than what occult authors have to offer. It's nice that magic in the Western world is finally taken seriously by scholars, at least by anthropologists, and I don't mind the hundreds of footnotes and quotes in foreign languages without a translation in them. But when it comes to works on ancient Greek mythology by modern philosophers or theologists e.g, ... not sure if I would want to wade through those dense tomes.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've used mega for a while for other sharing forums, so here's some things to try if mega isn't working properly:
Use Google DNS instead of your ISP's DNS, mega is very unreliable on some ISP DNS setups.
Change your current VPN, mega is fine with the big ones like NordVPN, but doesn't work properly through some of the smaller providers, and tries to actively block most web-proxies.
Don't use a temporary/disposable email address - mega doesn't allow anything it recognises as either.
Use a common/popular email provider to register - protonmail is secure & works fine if you don't just want another gmail account.
Check your spam - mega confirmation emails sometimes end up there.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I've used mega for a while for other sharing forums, so here's some things to try if mega isn't working properly:
Use Google DNS instead of your ISP's DNS, mega is very unreliable on some ISP DNS setups.
Change your current VPN, mega is fine with the big ones like NordVPN, but doesn't work properly through some of the smaller providers, and tries to actively block most web-proxies.
Don't use a temporary/disposable email address - mega doesn't allow anything it recognises as either.
Use a common/popular email provider to register - protonmail is secure & works fine if you don't just want another gmail account.
Check your spam - mega confirmation emails sometimes end up there.
I'll try Protonmail, I'm sure I'll be able to get it. This is useful.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Probs not. If anything it would be google drive, but still apprehensive cause there's gonna be some upcoming regulations about not allowing folder links (only direct file links) etc and overall just a pain to work with archival system. It's just so easy and convenient having only one allowed host.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
We can't post scholarly work?
I think it depends on the work itself.

In the case of the ones I mentioned, despite them still talking about magic, their focus ended up being on the "human side" rather than on the "magic side".Magic was no more than a tool to analyze and talk about humans, other cultures and etc.

It's still interesting knowledge but maybe not relevant for others.

it's much more reliable than what occult authors have to offer
Despute liking the magical works of occult authors, I have to say that scholar works seem to appeal more to me.And yeah, sometimes they seem more reliable, more "neutral" in a manner of speaking.