• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Suggestions welcome

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
Hey all, good afternoon.

One thing I've noticed about myself, no matter where I am: I have no non-flexable will, nor confidence in myself.

It's no burnout. Because I've done no magick rituals for over a month.

It's a necessity to have them, in order to impress Ghob, command tactfully and civilly.
It's a necessity to have both in life.

So, ways to create, strengthen and in a way harvest them?

Obviously martial arts would be a fair suggestion. Perhaps when I have income to myself again.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You gotta focus on your good qualities. There's bound to be something that you can do or a part of you that you are proud of. Build on that.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
in these situations, do you know your will and have no strength to act in accordance with it?

Or is it more like not really knowing what you want? If yes, do you know what you wanted when you reflect the situation later on?

Reaction score
Awards
in these situations, do you know your will and have no strength to act in accordance with it?

Or is it more like not really knowing what you want? If yes, do you know what you wanted when you reflect the situation later on?
I'm simply looking for ways to create and maintain magickal will. If all "will" is is intent, Then yes I know what I want.
Yet it doesn't make sense. The reason why is instruction on dealing with elementals.
If you've no will, the gnomes won't listen.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
So, ways to create, strengthen and in a way harvest them?
"Create, strengthen and harvest" what exactly?I didn't understand your post.

What is it that you're seeking?
I'm sorry to say, but the way you structure your phrases makes it hard for me to understand.I don't know if it is a case of language(i.e. grammar) or if it is something else.

Reaction score
Awards
Same with confidence I guess.
"Create, strengthen and harvest" what exactly?I didn't understand your post.

What is it that you're seeking?
I'm sorry to say, but the way you structure your phrases makes it hard for me to understand.I don't know if it is a case of language(i.e. grammar) or if it is something else.
My thought is generally disorganized, no worries.

Magickal Will. Confidence is nice as well.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Never really heard of "magic(k)al will", mostly of "willpower" and "intent"(maybe I just haven't seen this term in my studies or it was presented in another form(or name), which is a big possibility.

I think there is a difference between "having a will/intent" and "doing it".

I apologize in advance if this becomes a wall of text.

Now, I think people tend to overcomplicate things when it comes to dealing with the "occult side of life".For example, I see people treating will as something they have to heavily focus on and desire with such fervor that it almost becomes physical(their intent).

But willpower is of the mind(and the soul), and the mind deals with all that is subtle.There's a reason why there is that idiom "mind over matter", because our minds deal with our understanding of our perception of reality, so for example when sometimes we might limit ourselves, our minds know that we can actually go further.Such is the case with athletes surpassing their limits.

I think the best way to deal with will is by simplifying it into one single action/goal and then letting it get stubbornly stuck into your head, but not to the point that you strain yourself into a headache.
For example, "I am doing this(whatever "this" is about" or "This will happen".

That's it, do not fret over it, because you want your will to become a feeling, not to stay a phrase forever.Willpower, while borne from phrases that explain our desires, should always become a feeling because feelings are strong.

As for confidence, I would say that learning new(and if possible, usable)skills is a good way to get confident in yourself.

You could also start taking better care of yourself: try to dress a bit better, change your hairstyle, take moments to talk to yourself(this is something that most people ignore), do something nice for yourself(not as a reward, but because you want to).

Small increments towards your self-confidence, in the long run you will build a strong foundation.
But most of all, remember that everyone will die one day and getting hung up unto the words and actions of others means less time for you to spend on yourself.You never know when you will die, do you really want to waste what precious time you have on others that do not matter?

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks Sage, very well thought out.
I think we are seeing the same thing, between will and willpower.
Crowley for example, was famous for sayings on the "will". I guess willpower really does defeat will in how you put it.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
It is often the tiny changes that make all the difference.

If you feel you are lacking in something, take time to analyze why. Then make an actionable list of things to do about it.

Start off with some of the smaller things on the list, then use the momentum of your successes to pull you forward to completing your list.

You may need to tidy up your living space, or unclutter your schedule in order to aid you.

As much as these seem mundane, doing the above in the proper frame of mind can make this into a spiritually uplifting activity.

It's hard for me to give much more advice than that, as I do not know you or your situation well.