• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Sup, Bitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Am one of the old-but-new members here. God though, it feels like absolute ages ago that I first got on the old WF, towards the tail end of its lifespan.

So a bit about me, I guess. I had a fair amount of talent from an early age, and what I guess you could call a psychic experience first got me on this path. I was only 11 at the time, and mostly just taught myself for several years. I read from both the internet and books at the local library, just generally learning/practicing as many different things as I possibly could. Both my own curiosity and early success with things like spellwork were motivation enough to keep at it. As I look back at things as an adult, I can't possibly imagine who I'd be if I had just stayed a normal person, never having looked under the proverbial hood of life.

My whole thing has mainly been just taking the best and most practical bits from each system I learn, rather than any one particular practice. But I guess some of the biggest influences to my practice are chaos magic, hermetics, spirit work and energy manipulation. I do identify strongly with the Celtic tradition that I was raised in, (my family clings just as tight to its origin as the day we left Scotland) but I'm hesitant to jump in with the neopagan crowd for how terribly inaccurate some authors have been before. Or just downright cringey, lol. I am also a horticulturist in training, as I am fascinated by plants, both on the biological and metaphysical level. So I guess that can bleed into my stuff a little as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.